technic70s

2019 LEGO Trains - 70424

It's now being rumored that set number '71044'  is a "Disney Train," presumably based off the train found in Disneyland. Or maybe the monorail? It has a hefty rumored price tag of $320

7 hours ago, legonerd54321 said:

It's now being rumored that set number '71044'  is a "Disney Train," presumably based off the train found in Disneyland. Or maybe the monorail? It has a hefty rumored price tag of $320

The train being shown on Instagram apparently shows the real-life train at Disneyland as to what the model is based on (as stated by legonerd54321).  However, I like the train at Disney World (Florida, USA) much better.  The train at Disney World seems looks more like a train that would have been used 150 years ago.  The one at Disneyland looks like concept art.

1 hour ago, wooster said:

The train being shown on Instagram apparently shows the real-life train at Disneyland as to what the model is based on (as stated by legonerd54321).  However, I like the train at Disney World (Florida, USA) much better.  The train at Disney World seems looks more like a train that would have been used 150 years ago.  The one at Disneyland looks like concept art.

Do you mind telling me the difference between the two locomotives?? I'm trying to see a difference between them (other than the obvious) and both think they look amazing, how does the Disneyland one look like concept art??

20 hours ago, legonerd54321 said:

Or maybe the monorail? It has a hefty rumored price tag of $320

Well, the Epcot Monorail would certainly be an epic groundbreaker for Lego in so many ways (and likely doable with that pricetag); but, one of the two Disney theme park steam engines is definitely much more likely, as it'd pair more fittingly with 2016's Cinderella Castle.

Maybe a train with loop and Main Street USA station? Likely to be in VC since Robin W. (may he RIP) did a version in sand red years prior?

Edited by brickbuilder711

On 4/20/2019 at 8:32 PM, wooster said:

Actually, 3 of the 5 locomotives at Disneyland began life on operating railroads (scroll down to the rollingstock tables), but they have been heavily modified to the point where you would not recognize it. The first 2 locomotives (the 4-4-0's) were actually built in house by Disney and presumably if a lego set were based on the Disneyland trains they would be of the 4-4-0's

How about the re-railer at the end of the track? Would anyone use that?

I remember my old n-scale crossings had a re-railer built into them. 

9 hours ago, sed6 said:

How about the re-railer at the end of the track? Would anyone use that?

I remember my old n-scale crossings had a re-railer built into them. 

I can tell you that all the guys with those 8 wide steam locomotives will be looking forward to this for sure! Same goes for people like me that have wagons that are over 80 studs long ;) 

The new space set 60229 Rocket Assembly and Launch has the Windscreen 2x6x2 Train in bright blue - a new colour for that part - dunno if that’s a lead on any new possible train sets.

On 5/13/2019 at 5:37 PM, rahziel said:

Yay, more train parts... :innocent2:

...that's all I can say about that set...

The torsos of Conductor Chuck and Ms. Santos should also be fun for train builders. Not a whole lot of super clear pics of them out there but they do feature the LEGO train insignia.

No interest in the Hidden Side train, but where are you seeing this info on a possible Disney train?

I honestly think the Disney train will come with the locomotive/tender, 3-4 passenger cars and will come with a detailed Main Street station, along with tracks. The part count seems too high just for a train alone, and the price alludes to the addition of track

I know leaks aren’t allowed on here .. but saw a picture of a Goofy minifigure this morning .. rumoured to be coming with the Disney train set 

Edited by Jarreth2

11 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

I know leaks aren’t allowed on here .. but saw a picture of a Goofy minifigure this morning .. rumoured to be coming with the Disney train set 

Where did you see the picture at?? I’ve looked around in all the obvious places but they’re not there

On 6/2/2019 at 12:15 AM, legonerd54321 said:

Where did you see the picture at?? I’ve looked around in all the obvious places but they’re not there

On instagram, if you know what to look for. FYI you just see Goofy's head, nothing about the train yet.

51 minutes ago, Brother From Another Brick said:

I know we can't post leaks here, but i'm having a few people saying there are Disney train prelims floating around. Can anyone point me to them?

Not from what I've seen, unless there's a completely new and different place to look at leaks besides being usual

13 hours ago, Brother From Another Brick said:

I know we can't post leaks here, but i'm having a few people saying there are Disney train prelims floating around. Can anyone point me to them?

No prelims of the train itself, however there was the Goofy Minifig from the other day (Head and now torso/legs as well) and now a new Minnie Mouse fig, with what looks to be a fabric skirt piece. Both those figs are supposed to be from the new Disney train set 71044.

4 hours ago, R0Sch said:

People on train groups are not happy about the new wheels and wheel holders.

Finally!!

Up close pictures of the new wheels & wheel holsters...

My Pros:

- Individual wheel/axle combo makes for easy replacement if damaged or missing

-Independent wheels *should* allow for better cornering on tight r40 curves

-Assuming axles are bar sized, wheels have potential usage in different styles of bogies, as well as outside of trains altogether

-Wheel holsters now have a 2x3 plates’ worth of anti-studs on the underside

-Potential for new color options, if utilized outside of train sets

My Cons:

-Plastic on plastic will lead to higher friction and more chaff produced, so longer & heavier cars will have a tough time

-Older versions of wheels & holsters will increase in price & scarcity

-If axles are not bar sized...!

-Weird stopper/ collar bit on the backside of the axles which seems unnecessary

-Potentially easier for wheels to arrive/become damaged

-If recolors & external usage don’t occur with +/- a year 

But those are just my thoughts...