jhuyser

LEGO City Adventures

In the past couple of weeks, there have been reports of a LEGO City TV show coming. At first, it was debated to be related to Hidden Side but today it was confirmed to be happening and to be released on Nickelodeon in this press release: https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/nickelodeon-brian-robbins-spongebob-lego-paddington-john-cena-1203139534/

The Lego series, “Lego City,” is a CG-animated comedy that follows many characters as they seek to stop a master criminal.

Personally based off the description and the fact a donut shop is coming soon in a city line that was supposed to be related I'm hoping its related to LCU, but we'll have to wait and see

Also to be noted Zusammengebaut shared this bit about its length:

New LEGO TV series, 20 episodes, a 11 minutes

Edited by jhuyser

On 2/15/2019 at 3:04 AM, jhuyser said:

Personally based off the description and the fact a donut shop is coming soon in a city line that was supposed to be related I'm hoping its related to LCU, but we'll have to wait and see

It could always be a LEGO city show set  in the LEGOverse

Footage for it has made it out, looks pretty cool even if it isn't related to LEGO City Undercover.

Just watched that trailer and loved it! I'm glad that they're really leaning into the oddball humor of it while also having more well-defined characters than the Lego City mini-movies.

I... actually really like this! I love the art style and the shading of it, the oddball humor just like the LEGO Movies, and so much more! This looks really hopeful!

This really seems to be flying under the radar, but it looks great and the potential for sets from this is great; not to mention the new generation of kids that'll love it.

BTW, the first episode is available to watch for free, here:

I plan to watch it with my boy this weekend. I hope he likes it.

Edited by leafan

I really wish all Lego shows looked like that. Stylized, but you can still see it's Lego. The animations of faces also look great! In comparsion the animation of Hidden side look WAY WORSE

On 9/16/2019 at 4:27 PM, Bornin1980something said:

Airing in the UK on Nicktoons, in about five minutes!

Finally! I really enjoyed the episode they put on Youtube and I'm glad to see some more.

22 hours ago, Ninjaguy99 said:

I'm wondering if it's related to Ninjago like Chima was.

Well, I think there's less likely to be any sort of direct crossover since unlike Ninjago and Chima, Lego City Adventures is the work of a different animation studio.

Look on the brightside. It'll be an amazing opportunity to sell more buildings. I hope they make that pizza place that I saw in the background in a clip. 

@Lyichir I KNEW IT!!!!! The houses from Creator are cannon to City. LOOK!!!!

New-Harl.jpg

Is there going to be a new hair piece that resembles Dragon Ball Z Future Trunks as seen in the Sky Police episode? What's the Design ID? I hope it comes in purple.

Edited by BubbaFit45531

Sadly I am only now finding out about this incredibly charming show. I'm impressed. It reminds me a bit of early Ninjago, with some Lego Movie style humor as well. Kudos to the show runners. They managed to make almost every character surprising and charismatic in ways I was not expecting. While somehow making them different from what you initially expect. Duke and Mayor Fleck really stand out for this. As does Betty Kaboom. It's a kids show that is still entertaining for adults. That doesn't talk down to the viewer. Now if only they made it so you could actually find it to watch it. (Season 1 is available for Streaming on Paramount +, Seasons 2 and 3 you pretty much have to hunt down Turkish shaky cam bootlegs on YouTube.) 

On 9/10/2021 at 3:51 AM, Faefrost said:

Sadly I am only now finding out about this incredibly charming show. I'm impressed. It reminds me a bit of early Ninjago, with some Lego Movie style humor as well. Kudos to the show runners. They managed to make almost every character surprising and charismatic in ways I was not expecting. While somehow making them different from what you initially expect. Duke and Mayor Fleck really stand out for this. As does Betty Kaboom. It's a kids show that is still entertaining for adults. That doesn't talk down to the viewer. Now if only they made it so you could actually find it to watch it. (Season 1 is available for Streaming on Paramount +, Seasons 2 and 3 you pretty much have to hunt down Turkish shaky cam bootlegs on YouTube.) 

Yeah, that's really the issue, isn't it? For a lot of current shows (including Lego ones) on Cartoon Network or Disney Channel, I can usually watch most episodes for free on demand (albeit with ads) as part of my family's cable package. Not so for LCA, which is why despite having heard great things about the show, I haven't been able to watch this one yet. I'm not interested in subscribing to Paramount+ just for this.