Sign in to follow this  
paupadros

[MOC] Dancing Newlyweds

UPDATE! Instructions now available for FREE at https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-22105/Paupadros/dancing-newlyweds/#bi

Dancing Newlyweds

Hello everyone! I hope I'm posting this in the right subforum :pir_tong2:

"Dancing Newlyweds" is a kinetic sculpture I designed for my parents' wedding anniversary last September but haven't got around to posting until today. Anyway, this model is based on JK Brickworks' "Skating Penguin" but with an improved gearing system and with the little penguin now being a wonderful couple!

47094158101_77d235167d_c.jpg

If you would like to see the model in action, here's a little video of me turning the crank:

If you would like to fins out how it works, go to JK Brickworks, where Jason will inevitably do a better explanation of how the model works. The decorative part was very fun to build, especially the back of the bride's dress. I'm also really happy with how the groom's head urned out, as he's built entirely upside down, and that allowed for some funny offsettings.

47094157991_8308457bd4_c.jpg

When I unveiled the model, everyone instantly loved it and started playing with it. Because I think it's a model of such universal appeal and a present everyone would love at a wedding, I've made instructions (bear with me, they're the first ones I make and might not be clear enough), which will be for free and attached to a Rebrickable MOC (I'll post the link when that's up).

Tell me what you think! :classic:

Pau

Edited by paupadros

8 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Pretty ingenious design there. The dress build looks great as well. 

Thanks! Definitely a change for me, I know this is not an insanely complex design from an AFOL point of view, but for non-Lego fans, their mind is just boggled when you tell them that you're using SNOT to build the whole dress. :laugh:

I think this would be the perfect wedding gift, that's why I've made building instructions for it, so anyone can build it! Thanks!

7 hours ago, paupadros said:

Thanks! Definitely a change for me, I know this is not an insanely complex design from an AFOL point of view, but for non-Lego fans, their mind is just boggled when you tell them that you're using SNOT to build the whole dress. :laugh:

I think this would be the perfect wedding gift, that's why I've made building instructions for it, so anyone can build it! Thanks!

Haha, yes, not quite as detailed as your buildings. A little change of pace every now & again is good. That’s a pretty great idea, a wedding gift. Even if you’re not fans of the brick, I imagine anyone could enjoy this particular build. Especially those who just celebrated their first dance. 

2 hours ago, carebear said:

Genius!!!

Love how they move!!!

Greetings!

Thanks @carebear!! If one day you don't know what present to give, think of this model! Glad you like it!