Hello!

This is Kenworth T800 tridem with manipulator. I built this model for Rig&Roll competition, where it took prize for design.

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

Photos of real models:

SHm03dvZM68.jpg13967a.jpg

Power functions:

• Buggy motor for drive 6x8
  • Servo motor for steering
  • M motor for fifth-wheel coupling lock
  • M motor for semitrailer's landing legs
  • Extension wire
  • Lipo battery

+Sbrick

Model has detailed design, openable doors, interior with working glowbox

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Also here is manual outriggers and fully manual manipulator

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

Semitrailer's landing legs are powered by m motor in the truck

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

Photos from the Rig&Roll competition

800x600.jpg800x533.jpg

Video:

All photos you can find here: https://bricksafe.com/pages/ArsMan064/kenworth-t800-tridem

---------------------------

That's all. Thanks for the reading!

Hope you like it :classic:

6 minutes ago, Mechbuilds said:

Only thing that would improve it would be pneumatics on the arm. 

There is no pneumatics on the arm.

Edited by Sariel

Just now, Sariel said:

There is no pneumatics on the arm.

Yup.. That's why i said, only thing that would improve it would be pneumatics on the arm.

Just now, Sariel said:

Sorry, you said improve, not add.

???

Only thing that would improve it would be pneumatics on the arm 
It means:
It's good as it is. But, if you would remove the linear actuators and put pneumatics on it instead, it would be an improvement.

I don't know what improve means to you. 

If i would have said: "Only thing that would add it would be pneumatics on the arm" would make no sense.

Sorry again, what you suggest is replacing the actuators with pneumatics. Maybe that's what "improve" means to you, but I'd say it sounds pretty vague to other people (pneumatics isn't an obvious improvement over actuators). Anyway, nice model.

Edited by Sariel

I had to throw this out

im·prove

Dictionary result for improve

/imˈpro͞ov/
verb

1. make or become better.

It looks that Mack Anthem got competition. Model looks decent for such small scale :thumbup:

(I do not want to start discussion pneumatics vs. linear actuators, but with linear actuators arm looks ok to me)

I very much like this model as well, looks great, the only thing I would improve on is maybe slightly larger tires on the trailer. 

I think you can only improve on something if it is already there, otherwise you would be adding it. 

Edited by Johnny1360

Yea the rear tires on the trailer do look out of scale.. what other choice can you use??  would the lego set 42093 corvette tire scale fair for this model?? Ill soon will find out!!

I didn't want to teach english !!! but using the verb improve was implied to the arm as an action of make !!  

make

Dictionary result for make

/māk/
verb

1. 1.
    form (something) by putting parts together or combining substances; construct; create.
    "my grandmother made a dress for me"
    synonyms: construct, build, assemble, put together, manufacture, produce, fabricate, create, form, fashion, model, mold, shape, forge, bring into existence
    "he makes model steam engines"
Edited by sirslayer

What a nice looking truck. Great functions for the scale also. I think the belly shot photo is mandatory for such builds :classic:.

I suppose the scale will also keep the part count in check. I wish Lego was offering more sets in this scale.

Oh wow, I only just now realize that this is created with the 49mm tires. Makes it an even better build in my opinion, I love small scale builds. This one has really great looks, it doesn't tell it's scale from first look. Well done!

9 hours ago, sirslayer said:

Yea the rear tires on the trailer do look out of scale.. what other choice can you use??  would the lego set 42093 corvette tire scale fair for this model?? Ill soon will find out!!

I didn't want to teach english !!! but using the verb improve was implied to the arm as an action of make !!  

make

Dictionary result for make

/māk/
verb

1. 1.
    form (something) by putting parts together or combining substances; construct; create.
    "my grandmother made a dress for me"
    synonyms: construct, build, assemble, put together, manufacture, produce, fabricate, create, form, fashion, model, mold, shape, forge, bring into existence
    "he makes model steam engines"

Adding would be to add a new feature to it. 
Improving would be modifying the existing feature and making it better. 

On this particular moc (not to generalize LA vs Pneumatics) Using pneumatics on the arm would improve it by having the controls on the side rather than twisting cranks all over the arm. 
Linear actuators are amazing on larger scale builds since they can handle the torque and weight. But this model is quite small and the arm only has to lift small twigs. Using pneumatics would make the arm slightly thinner and have the benefit of controls on the side.
Offcourse you'd have to hide the pump somewhere which is a problem. 

I do not know how these guys got the "add to it" in their minds when i was just talking about improving the existing part. 

And on the matter of the rear tyres, they are smaller on the real life trailer. So it's scalewise accurate. But i do agree in an aesthetic point of view. 

this is such a great truck! its so small that the finer lego elements look quite large. well done indeed!

I wouldn't add any pneumatics to the LA arm as that would be weird to have both on there... but you could possibly improve the arm playability by using pneumatics instead...

18 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

Amazing work! Great job! Only thing that would improve it would be pneumatics on the arm. 

Thank you! I think actuators are better here)

18 hours ago, sirslayer said:

Designing with 49.5mm tires is a challenge and great job on the model!! Does it have suspension??  

Thanks a lot! No, it hasn't suspension

16 hours ago, I_Igor said:

It looks that Mack Anthem got competition. Model looks decent for such small scale :thumbup:

(I do not want to start discussion pneumatics vs. linear actuators, but with linear actuators arm looks ok to me)

Thanks! Yeah, this model has the same scale with Mack Anthem. Btw, Rig&Roll competition starts from this set...

15 hours ago, pagicence said:

It's just fantastic! I love it. It seems that we have an invasion of small trucks on the rise.

9 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

I like the look of this truck...well done!!

4 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

this is such a great truck! its so small that the finer lego elements look quite large. well done indeed!

I wouldn't add any pneumatics to the LA arm as that would be weird to have both on there... but you could possibly improve the arm playability by using pneumatics instead...

6 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

Oh wow, I only just now realize that this is created with the 49mm tires. Makes it an even better build in my opinion, I love small scale builds. This one has really great looks, it doesn't tell it's scale from first look. Well done!

Thank you very much for your kind words!

14 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I very much like this model as well, looks great, the only thing I would improve on is maybe slightly larger tires on the trailer. 

I think you can only improve on something if it is already there, otherwise you would be adding it. 

Thank you! I would put on the semitrailer 49 mm wheels, but I have only 8 these wheels...

13 hours ago, iLego said:

What a nice looking truck. Great functions for the scale also. I think the belly shot photo is mandatory for such builds :classic:.

I suppose the scale will also keep the part count in check. I wish Lego was offering more sets in this scale.

Thank you! Belly's photo is not a problem

800x450.jpg

Looks really good, especially the truck. The cabin looks cool! Maybe the trailer could be a bit improved - that big gap above the wheels looks a bit odd.