Sign in to follow this  
somelegothings_

[MOC] Harry Potter 4711 Remake

46353537814_03ae56bc00_b.jpg

Today I am showing off my remake of 4711, Flying Lesson. It's a pretty small scene in the film so the set itself was understandably very small. What I've done is scale it up quite a bit in terms of pieces. I figured the best addition would be another fig along with some exterior of sorts. So the highlight of the remake will obviously be the wall I've made. The color scheme is on par with the Harry Potter revamp using dark bluish grey rather than sand green for the tops of Hogwarts. While it is a bit bland in comparison to sand green, I think the additional colors of nougat and reddish brown benefit much more from it. If you read my writeup for 4751, you'll also note that I tend to offset parts of the build, in this case, it's the spires up on the top. I turned the cone to not line up with the 2x2 dish for a reason, I see it's a technique used in the microscale Hogwarts to portray windows so I figured it would be fitting to offset those.

32135380877_42a23ee70f.jpg32135380707_fff416d142.jpg32135380507_8ffc71461d_c.jpg

The play feature is a fairly simple button that in turn launches Neville off of the statue (or wall, where there are two connection points with the 1x1 tiles). This is a very accurate play feature to the film in which his cape tears and he breaks his arm as a result of hitting the ground. Nothing too complicated I hope. 

33202052118_150090bff4_o.jpg33202051808_86c4170ec0_c.jpg

The remake compared to the original set in terms of what the original looked like. 

Now that it's done, tell me what you think! I'd love to hear anything in relation to this. Next up might be Slytherin Common Room or the Final Confrontation

Edited by (Nexus)
Just centering the last column of images.

That is certainly a vast improvement over the original set. Great work!

I really like the inclusion of the little bit of greenery at the base. The cart also looks really good, I always liked that small build. Overall it's a huge improvement over the original set, I really wasn't sure how you were going to include another build and another figure but you impressed me once again. Can't wait for the next one.

Seeing as the original set was more a less two minifigures, I love the addition of the tower and play function. I also love the positioning of the Knight Statue :thumbup:

You do a great job with these, I love Neville hanging off the wall! The wall itself really adds to the set as well.