Here is the beginning of the bodywork for the car. My Dad has helped a ton with the bodywork so that`s always a big help. I also printed the logos which I will be turning into stickers sometime this week. Model will be done by 23rd or 24th this month. Mclaren%20Indycar%20beginning.JPG

The model is effectively done and will receive very few changes from now until the end of the month. I will be getting two part orders in early June so that I can update the colors and make it more accurate but for now it is as done as it can be with the parts that I have. (Stickers going on to the car late next week)Mclaren%20Indycar.JPG

Top%20View.JPG

Most Wanted photo Chassis.JPG

Side%20View.JPG

Edited by JackBloomer5
Stickers comment

9 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

The side panels look really flat. Is there a way to fix that?

They are flat but there isn't much I can do to fix that. I had also thought of that and tried ways to fix it but I simply don't have the parts. 

Now that I think about it I could shorten the width of the side pods by a stud or two to make it seem more proportional, I'll see when I get home.

Edited by JackBloomer5
Second Sentence

23 minutes ago, JackBloomer5 said:

They are flat but there isn't much I can do to fix that. I had also thought of that and tried ways to fix it but I simply don't have the parts. 

Now that I think about it I could shorten the width of the side pods by a stud or two to make it seem more proportional, I'll see when I get home.

Okay, that's fair. Otherwise, your model looks awesome. 

You seem to have set 42056. Part 18944 might be a good fit for the sides.

Looks promising, following this thread with interest.

Thanks for the feedback, and now that I’m in the fine tuning stages of the model, I want to focus a little bit on the rear. The suspension ended up similar to the 42000, albeit unintentional, and I have several translucent red bricks, many 1x2 plates, several 2x2 bricks and two 1x4 bricks. I want to use these to make a rear brake light like in the real car but what I currently have looks kind of ugly and simply not great. Any ideas? I'll put picture of current design when I get home and work on it but I have been thinking about it for a couple days and I’m stuck. 

Edit: eventually a red light brick will take a place in that spot. 

Edited by JackBloomer5
Grammer

That is the view of McLaren for which also Fernando Alonso hopes :laugh:

The model is completely done with the exception of stickers and pieces I won't get for a month and a half. I added rear view mirrors and overhauled the steering to make the steering wheel turn more within the cockpit, steering wheel is also sitting 1-2 studs higher. I also changed the rear light, not a true light yet, and I think it looks better. So this is it, no more changes will be made to the car and I do plan to publish instructions for it but that may take some time and lots of help (my computer is not very powerful). Lego%20Mclaren%20Indycar%20Model.JPGUpdated%20Rear.JPG

Unfortunately, there was a problem with the order and it never arrived. I emailed them and who knows what will happen. The most notable piece from that batch was the red light brick that I wanted to put in the rear of the vehicle. I put a picture here later of the model as it is now with stickers. Probably won't get my parts till late July or early August due to my current location. So yeah.

By the way I did start my next model which is the Acura ARX-05 DPI.