I am working on the 2018 Indycar aerokit and need to complete the model by early April. https://www.indycar.com/News/2017/07/07-24-New-car-unveil

Functions

-Working Pushrod suspension on all wheels

-V6 fake engine coupled to rear wheel drive; maybe a 6+R DCT

-Working steering

For the front A-Arm I want the geometry to be as close as possible to the real thing while still being functional and I came up with a design with putting a pin hole with axle connector perpendicular to the hole on a #4 angled connector and then use a 6 stud axle to combine with another #4 axle. This works but I haven't figured out a good way to attach it to a frame and a wheel. The color scheme will likely be the same as the Honda but with orange instead of red because that's what I own. This model will be in either 1:8 or 1:7 scale.

Edited by JackBloomer5
Removed email address

4 hours ago, JackBloomer5 said:

If you want any images of what I just described send me n email at jack.bloomer@outlook.com.

Naa-aah, it does not work that way. It is YOU who want to show us something, so it was your duty to show us pictures here.

I agree with @M_longer, asking us to email you to see any photos defeats the whole purpose of a forum, a place for people to ask questions and share their creations.
You may ask us to email you for full building instuctions with part list, but asking us to email you just for images goes against what the LEGO community stands for. If you create a new thread on this site about your model, just like @M_longer said, it is your duty to show us pictures of your creation. If you not willing to share said images, please don't create a new topic.

If you want something, hen you have to offer something for it. So if you want some help it would be correct from you to publish images. If you do not know how, the simplest way is to make bricksafe or Flickr gallery and paste images with max resolution 1024 here; otherwise you could not expect someone to help you

My Bad. It wouldn’t let me upload pictures like I was going to. I’ll will either tomorrow or Thursday create a bricksafe account and start putting pictures there. I’ll include pictures my design, the model it’s based on, and images with all the scale dimensions that I have calculated. Thank You for directing my attention to that. 

Bricksafe is your best bet for uploading pictures.

Meanwhile, a more generic thread that often comes in handy is this axle collection thread. Not sure there's anything that meets your specific requirements but it's worth a browse or ten:

9 hours ago, suffocation said:

Bricksafe is your best bet for uploading pictures.

Meanwhile, a more generic thread that often comes in handy is this axle collection thread. Not sure there's anything that meets your specific requirements but it's worth a browse or ten:

I browsed it and sadly couldn't find anything of use. I have made a bricksafe account and will start uploading pictures today. Here is the link, https://bricksafe.com/pages/JackBloomer5/

8 minutes ago, JackBloomer5 said:

I browsed it and sadly couldn't find anything of use. I have made a bricksafe account and will start uploading pictures today. Here is the link, https://bricksafe.com/pages/JackBloomer5/

We will see later; when you upload image you can open image at bricksafe with max 1024 resolution and just copy / paste url here and image will be displayed :wink:

A-Arm%20Render%202.png

IndyCar%20IR18%20honda.jpg

These are some of the pictures. There are more on my bricksafe file that have all the specific numbers with the scale. The render at the top is the front suspension design I plan to run but I having trouble finding a good wheel hub (2 studs tall, 1 studs thick) and attaches to the wishbone. The long axle is 10 studs while the axle between the two angled connectors is 6 studs.

Edited by JackBloomer5
images

If you're looking at building a scaled model of an single seat open wheeled car then you need to look at Roscopc's F1 collection.

http://www.roscopc.it/

I've built a couple of these and the suspension is accurately modelled for this scale.

17 minutes ago, Seasider said:

If you're looking at building a scaled model of an single seat open wheeled car then you need to look at Roscopc's F1 collection.

http://www.roscopc.it/

I've built a couple of these and the suspension is accurately modelled for this scale.

It's a great resource and I have already got all the info from his models (bricksafe, flickr, and his site) I can get without buying the instructions. It's one of those things I am not willing to do. I plan to use the 42000 wheels for the front and the 42056 wheels in the rear. 

Edited by JackBloomer5

4 minutes ago, JackBloomer5 said:

It's a great resource and I have already got all the info from his models (bricksafe, flickr, and his site) I can get without buying the instructions. It's one of those things I am not willing to do. 

If you do use some of his construction techniques in your final model I'd reference/thank him in your final post as he's a well known and respected builder.

I’m going to be working on the rear suspension and will post progress on Saturday. Does anyone know a compact paddle-shifter design that I can put behind the steering wheel? 

If you want Technic only working paddle shifters I’d check the Porsche GT3RS or Chiron MOD threads for ideas

I'm afraid Porsche or Chiron version of paddle shifters is simply to big for this Indy car.

I think I can get buy with a modified version of this stepper. If I add the 90 shaft  by @Didumos69 than it should work fine. I’ll post a picture later of the modded design. 

Edited by JackBloomer5

That stepper is indeed nice and very compact, I remember seeing it on YT a while ago. I do wonder though how well it will perform when a full gearbox mechanism is attached (added friction stress/resistance from moving the driving rings and changeover catches etc.), the whole mechanism seems not very well equipped for heavy duty stepping... Only way to find out is to build it :wink:

You’re exactly right and I do have two rotary catches from the Bugatti (I ordered all the transmission pieces from it) so that might help with resistance problems with normal changeovers

I will be watching this thread with interest as I live in Indy and am a Indycar fan. I tried doing one of these last year and finally just gave up, I couldn't get that narrow pointy front end worked out right and I was just going for a simply model, yours seems to be slightly more ambitious. When I got done it looked more like a fair representation of an F-1 car, though not any one specific. Wish you luck and will stay tuned. 

Edited by Johnny1360

Thanks For the encouragement. I am also from Indy so that´s part of the reason I wanted to build this car. It´s funny that you mention the front wing because I just finished a render of a simple yet accurate front wing. It is incomplete but is easy to extend out to the length neededfront%20wing%20on%20chassis.png

Edited by JackBloomer5

about the stepper, i made use of it (slightly modyfied though) in a moc. see below:

Very compact, ultra efficient...

Edited by steph77

Thanks. Good to know that it works well with the rotary catches. Were there any time where it would jam up or was it always consistent and working?

I had to modify it to ensure its reliability.

essential issue was the weakness of the pushrod's fixation. If you build mine (you can deduce everything  from the video) it will be ok.

Here is the rear suspesnion. It is designed to work the wheels from the 42056 and the width from outside of the tire to the inside is a about a full stud (half stud on either side) narrower than an exact 1:8 scale. Works good and is easy to add bodywork around.

Rear%20suspension.jpegRear%20with%20bodywork.jpegbottom.jpeg