Sign in to follow this  
Zarkan

What color should come back?

What color should return in Bionicle sets?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which color should come back?

• Purple
    • Teal
    • Light blue
    • Regular Blue
    • Regular Red
    • Regular Green

Topic title says it all. :tongue:

Anyway, although I have a soft spot for anything Teal, I'd have to say purple. We've already gotten lots of blue and green shaded colors, but we haven't gotten anything purple since the Shadow Kraata of 2003 (and nothing actually USEFUL in MOC's since 2001). Come on TLC, bring back the purple! :sing:

I'm not a big fan of what Bionicle's transformed into over the years, but I voted Purple just because it would be sweet to see a big Purple Technic beast. :devil:

-Tarfful

I voted Mata green. We've had Mata red in the past (Dume, Roporak, Hakann, Maxilos, Axalara), and even a little Mata blue (Gadunka and Dalu), but nothing with Mata green since Lerahk.

We've also had medium (light) blue (Boggarak, Thok, Matoro Mahri). Purple would be just as good as green coming back, and so would teal. I'd like some of the other Tohunga colors, too but teal and purple are what I think of when someone says "Tohunga colors". I think more of the other Tohunga colors would be nice. Yellow (the bright one, like with Bitil. We need more of that), sand blue (came with Vezok but more wouldn't hurt), and dark orange. Some more Mata blue and tan wouldn't hurt either (though probably not tan because the focus groups hate brown).

I said 'mata' green as well.

My issue with the poll is its not one color I want back, its I want something other than the dark colors over and over again.

So, any Toas with any of these colors would be appreciated.

Oh, and enough with the protodermus everything!

I've been on this particular soapbox before ;-)

-Tohst

Purple. Pretty please can I have purple? Oh, oh, purple!

You know, in 2005 when we learnt there'd be imposter Toa at the start of '06 I wanted some guys with huge shoulders etc. so I was disappointed by the Piraka (momentarily) and I really wanted Purple to be reintroduced then.

I voted teal since it is a really sleek color. Lego made almost no bionicles in teal. Cmon! :sing:

I was going to vote "purple", but already having a lot of classic purple, I can honestly say it looks like poo next to the newer "dark purple".

The old one is too... I dunno, hot pink looking or something.

The newer one is so much more ominous.

So... I voted teal. :tongue:

Topic title says it all. :tongue:

Anyway, although I have a soft spot for anything Teal, I'd have to say purple. We've already gotten lots of blue and green shaded colors, but we haven't gotten anything purple since the Shadow Kraata of 2003 (and nothing actually USEFUL in MOC's since 2001). Come on TLC, bring back the purple! :sing:

Err, most of those colours are in fact in production and available in the current line-up. Light blue, regular blue, regular red and regular green. I don't want them back, because they aren't actually gone. You can even buy them on online PaB!

Teal and purple don't interest me at all. What I would like to see is sand blue. The last set that had that in any useful quantity was the Titan XP and the parts selection in that colour is very limiting.

Cheers,

Ralph

Err, most of those colours are in fact in production and available in the current line-up. Light blue, regular blue, regular red and regular green. I don't want them back, because they aren't actually gone. You can even buy them on online PaB!

Actually, when I meant regular blue, regular red, and regular green, I meant the colors used in the original 2001 toa. They haven't featured majorly at all for years. And the light blue I'm talking about (Gali Mata's light blue) hasn't been used since 2005. The piraka used sand blue and baby blue. :wink:

I think what's being overlooked here is that if you step out of Bionicle sets a moment, you'll realize there's TONS of (dark) purple in the other Lego lines, a few of them even being Technic.

But then again, I speak from a mocing standpoint, not an official character one.

Actually, when I meant regular blue, regular red, and regular green, I meant the colors used in the original 2001 toa. They haven't featured majorly at all for years. And the light blue I'm talking about (Gali Mata's light blue) hasn't been used since 2005. The piraka used sand blue and baby blue. :wink:

Erm..."baby blue" is the same as Gali's light blue :wink: . It came with Thok, Irnakk, and Matoro Mahri.

I also think Ralph_S is referring to the System lines. Because the last time we saw Mata green with a Bionicle set is '03.

Edited by Icesaber

My bad. I didn't read the bionicle part of the the title. Sorry. Bionicle doesn't register with me.

Bionicle could use more teal, it could more of all those colors. Maybe they could go as far as using even other different colors for toa/warriors/rahi. Lego makes plenty of different shades of red, blue, green, purple, orange, etc.

I mean, some more variety would be nice.

My bad. I didn't read the bionicle part of the the title. Sorry. Bionicle doesn't register with me.

Don't worry, I think a lot of people here have that problem. I believe it's a common defect among lego builders. :tongue:

I think what's being overlooked here is that if you step out of Bionicle sets a moment, you'll realize there's TONS of (dark) purple in the other Lego lines, a few of them even being Technic.

Sadly, I'd have to disagree with that. These days we hardly get any dark purple - the first two sets we've gotten since 2005 that have some great purple pieces in them are the Exo-force Dark Panther and one of the new lego racers. And even then, the majority of those two kits are still other colors. :sad:

I'm still waiting for TLC to make another goldmine kit like the Harry Potter Knight Bus - and for them to make one without making the same shade of purple in SEVERAL slightly different shades that don't quite match. :hmpf:

Purple, and I believe that TLC is loosing sales by not having it.

bfs

Edited by bigfatslob

Purple, and I believe that TLC is loosing sales by not having it.

bfs

Hm, you may be right about that, actually! I wouldn't be supprised - after all, this is a supply and demand system. If a lot of people want purple and TLC doesn't deliver the goods, tis bad for buisness! And Purple hardly isn't an UNPOPULAR color by far. :tongue:

There are more colors gone, so how is this scientific?

But on the matter, i'd like to see old brown get back! :thumbup:

We're talking colors that appeared Bionicle in the beginning and have been gone for a long time.

We're talking colors that appeared Bionicle in the beginning and have been gone for a long time.

Ah that didn't show in the topic title when i clicked it, but i understand.

Anyway i'd still like to see old brown get back :grin: