Derek

Problems buying new Indy sets....

A rep claims the U.S. release date is May 1. My fingers are crossed; I might get some dupes of the cool ones like the Jungle Cutter and the River Chase.

That was reported some time ago, but thanks.

Does anyone (such as Lord of Pies) know the situation for this in the UK? :sceptic:

It's the same for us, the rep i spoke to at the start of the week confirmed that TRU will sell them on the 1st May.

After reading this topic and finding out about how the seeingly evil Wal-Mart Corporation is taunting Lego Indy fans everywhere I decided to go to my local Wal-Mart here in Des Moines and try my luck with getting some new Indy sets. I go there to find out that they have 7624, 7625, and 7676, but no 7677. :cry_sad: (I was planning on being the first to rview it. :hmpf_bad: )

So, I then pick up 7624 and 7625 trying not to get my hopes up as I head to the cash register, and shot story even shorter, it turns out that I had No problems what so ever getting the new sets. :sweet:

At that moment I felt like I was king of the world Wal-Mart Corporation.

So now I plan on heading back there soon to see if I can find 7677.

In your face Wal-Mart Corporation I beat you, sort of :grin: , at your own cruel game! :laugh:

-Tarfful

After reading this topic and finding out about how the seeingly evil Wal-Mart Corporation is taunting Lego Indy fans everywhere I decided to go to my local Wal-Mart here in Des Moines and try my luck with getting some new Indy sets. I go there to find out that they have 7624, 7625, and 7676, but no 7677. :cry_sad: (I was planning on being the first to rview it. :hmpf_bad: )

So, I then pick up 7624 and 7625 trying not to get my hopes up as I head to the cash register, and shot story even shorter, it turns out that I had No problems what so ever getting the new sets. :sweet:

At that moment I felt like I was king of the world Wal-Mart Corporation.

So now I plan on heading back there soon to see if I can find 7677.

In your face Wal-Mart Corporation I beat you, sort of :grin: , at your own cruel game! :laugh:

-Tarfful

Wow! That's good luck! I decided that I'll just wait until May 1st until I check at a store again. Seems like most stores don't have 7677 yet. If it really is May 1st when they come out officially then only 1 more week! :cry_happy:

Interesting to know, in most European countries, regulations would have issues with this kind of situation.

There is a general concept that once a good/service is on offer and obviously available (as this is the case here, stocks are shown and even ready for the sale, with price), there is no possibility to refuse to sell.

The basic idea against this "sale refusal" is to avoid discrimination.

Should there be a special clause from Lego / Lucas not to sell them before a specified date, then they simply shouldn't put merchandise on shelves. If this was a storage capacity / logistics issue that obliged them to do so, they should ensure people won't grab boxes (leave them in sealed crates, place visible notices stating official release date). 100% Wall Mart responsability !

I agree serving the "Product Recall" excuse is also awful, and even detrimental to Lego's reputation as it infers the product has quality issues ! What a nice store, covering its errors with libel :thumbdown:

The good side of consistently being late on releases (as Europe usually is), is that we don't have this kind of problems :sadnew:

Amen! And thank you for that information. Having been in retail here in the US, I agree with this 100%. I think Walmart has the responsibility to sell since they displayed the items. If they get into trouble with Lego, then that becomes a new issue between Wal-Mart and Lego.

I decided that I'll just wait until May 1st until I check at a store again.

I have a sneaky suspicion that they will release the items a week or a few days early. I could be wrong, but we'll see.

it turns out that I had No problems what so ever getting the new sets. :sweet:

Good for you :thumbup: . But this tells me that they don't even have a standardized policy making me feel more frustrated with their practice.

I sent my letter on Tuesday. I'm waiting to hear back.

meh, i can wait a little while for these. its probably really frustrating for all of you who were denied in buying the sets :thumbdown::cry_sad: maybe ill go to target before the 1st just to see if they will sell it to me. :tongue:

I went to a Bart Smit today, just checking if they had something interesting (was kinda looking for a small castle set, the one with the troll and stuff) and to my surprise I saw Indiana Jones Lego :oh:

I hesitated for a couple o' minutes, thinking of this topic, but I couldn't resist, I grabbed a Motorcycle Chase set, and walked to the cashregister.

Like I said, thinking of this topic, I was warned of what might happen, so I wasn't getting my hopes up... so the lady at the cashregister scanned the box. and all she did was ask if it was a gift or not... most happily surprised that it wasn't on 'recall' all I could say was "Eerr... no :devil: " and that was it. I paid and quickly left the store, afraid she might call me back last-minute :laugh:

I went to a Bart Smit today, just checking if they had something interesting (was kinda looking for a small castle set, the one with the troll and stuff) and to my surprise I saw Indiana Jones Lego :oh:

I hesitated for a couple o' minutes, thinking of this topic, but I couldn't resist, I grabbed a Motorcycle Chase set, and walked to the cashregister.

Like I said, thinking of this topic, I was warned of what might happen, so I wasn't getting my hopes up... so the lady at the cashregister scanned the box. and all she did was ask if it was a gift or not... most happily surprised that it wasn't on 'recall' all I could say was "Eerr... no :devil: " and that was it. I paid and quickly left the store, afraid she might call me back last-minute :laugh:

You do know that the Motorcycle chase set has been available for some time right?

You won't have a problem buying any of the first 4 indy sets, it's the new 4 from the new film that we're having problems with.

Oh.... *smack* :blush::blush:

Well, this was the first time ever I saw Indy Lego in a store... but to be honest, I did think it was quite weird they wouldn't release sets from the first movies as well... I'll pay more attention next time :blush:

Well, i was in town today after work and popped into the local woolworths for a look and they had 7624 Jungle Duel and 7627 Temple of the Crystal Skull on the shelves. only had enough money for the jungle duel set (nearly payday !) so took it up to the till and payed no problem. so i've now got my first indy set...

Well, i was in town today after work and popped into the local woolworths for a look and they had 7624 Jungle Duel and 7627 Temple of the Crystal Skull on the shelves. only had enough money for the jungle duel set (nearly payday !) so took it up to the till and payed no problem. so i've now got my first indy set...

Great! Sounds like more and more stores are getting the new sets now.

Hopefully they should be widespread relatively soon!

Can't wait until someone gets the Temple and reviews it! :thumbup: I would do it but I am sure by the time I get it about 5 people will already have reviewed it. :tongue:

Is there a limit as to how many reviews of a certain set there can be? Because if there isn't one then when I get some of the new sets I might review one or two...

I've got the uncontrollable urge to go to Woolworths instead of TRU :grin:

EDIT: hey Ronan NIssen, are there Woolworths in Ireland?

Edited by The Rancor

Woolworth's has them? Excellent!!

I have about 4 different woolworths within 15mins of my house, i know i'll be hitting them all first thing tomorrow.

Hunt On!

Woolworth's has them? Excellent!!

I have about 4 different woolworths within 15mins of my house, i know i'll be hitting them all first thing tomorrow.

Hunt On!

Same for me, their are a few woolworths near me, I must have the new indy sets!

Same for me, their are a few woolworths near me, I must have the new indy sets!

Hmmm well my hunt turned up nothing new, i haven't heard of anyone else finding the new sets so i wonder if it's a one off.

ill be getting the jungle duel first! Hopefully this week. :wub: i think all those swords might come in handy in my customs. :devil: i hope that i wont have any trouble buying them... TRU, ON! walmart, OFF!

Hmmm well my hunt turned up nothing new, i haven't heard of anyone else finding the new sets so i wonder if it's a one off.

Well, I have not been able to go the woolworths near me yet, so fingers crossed they are there when I do finally get my megablocks off the sofa and go down to Woolies. :wink:

My local Wollies (in Lincolnshire) had The 7624 Indy set, which I purchased, but the prices were not on the shelves. £8.99 is what the till said, the same as the motorcycle chase.

This is the only Indy set they had, and there was 3 left after my purchase. :tongue:

No :vader: I found all the first 3 sets in good stock as Woolworths Poole and bought Jungle Cutter!!!!! :sing:

(I can't believe they let me have it! :wink: )

I can confirm that the prices are:

Jungle Duel:

Edited by The Rancor

Today I went to my local Smyths (Irish Toy shop) and they had all the new sets, so now I have 7624!

Typical. I stuffed my case with the 4 new Indie sets that I acquired yesterday in ToysrUs near Frankfurt and the Local toy chain gets them in!!!!

David

Today I went to my local Smyths (Irish Toy shop) and they had all the new sets, so now I have 7624!

Typical. I stuffed my case with the 4 new Indie sets that I acquired yesterday in ToysrUs near Frankfurt and the Local toy chain gets them in!!!!

David

Seems most woolworths now have the new sets on the shelves, including mine at last :laugh: .

I guess they either don't care or haven't heard about lego not wanting them sold before May 1st.