Derek

Problems buying new Indy sets....

I was at Walmart last night and they had the new River Chase Indy set, to my excitment ( :laugh: I love being dorky), I went and tried to pay for it and this message came up on the cash register saying that they "cant sell this item". :angry: So they took it away from me and said it was probably recalled. Maybe some idiot worker put them on the shelves before they had the barcode or whatever in the system. Arent they technically supposed to wait till May 1st or something? If they have them on the shelves, you should be able to buy it!

Has anyone else had issues trying to buy the new Indy sets?

Dp8 (calming down)

Super weird. Scary, too.

I went to a Wal-Mart in Attleboro, MA, and they had the River Chase (only that one, though) and I was able to buy it no problem. I'm really sorry to hear this happened to you. What part of the country are you in? (East Coast/West Coast/etc)?

Edited by SirNadroj

Damnit! Foiled again!

Yeah, this used to happen with Star Wars toys that'd leak out before the official release. Retailers stick a stop in the computer, but instead of having some special code or something that says "not for sale until XX.XX.XXXX" they use the product recall code and it just comes up as "Recalled". I still remember trying to wrangle that first Republic Gunship set back in 2002 when I found that early at a Wal-Mart...and my futile efforts to convince the cashier it wasn't recalled :tongue:

Yes, most items have sale on dates, I'm sure these do, with Video Games specifically I know fines can even come into play against companies who sell items before the specified date.

I'm not sure if this is the case here, but obviously they're release date is in May, but some retailers don't care especially if they know there isn't a fine if they sell them early.

What I would do:Try to use a self check-out. If it has the same message, take an another Lego set as similar as possible to the set you're buying while staying at the exact same price point (Ex. Getting new tent set: take motorcycle chase instead),

Check out at the self check out with the replaced set, swith them after paying, and leave motorcylce chase somewhere in the isles before the checkouts. I hope that's not a crime. I won't be able to commit it if it is, because I am forbidden from buying anything from walmart. My love for LEGOs is greater than my hate for walmart , though. :cry_sad:

What I would do:Try to use a self check-out. If it has the same message, take an another Lego set as similar as possible to the set you're buying while staying at the exact same price point (Ex. Getting new tent set: take motorcycle chase instead),

Check out at the self check out with the replaced set, swith them after paying, and leave motorcylce chase somewhere in the isles before the checkouts. I hope that's not a crime. I won't be able to commit it if it is, because I am forbidden from buying anything from walmart. My love for LEGOs is greater than my hate for walmart , though. :cry_sad:

That would not be allowed, even if it was the prices are most likely different and as such a crime would be committed.

Earlier tonight i had an interesting chat with the Manager of my local Toys R Us, he told me that they have the new Indy sets in stock.

However he was unable to sell them, as Lego had sent out a message to all their stores telling them not to until closer to the films release date.

So perhaps this is happening all over

Since the movie comes out around the 20th I wonder when they'll let the stores release the sets... :sceptic:

Hopefully sooner rather than later. :grin:

That would be so annoying... :hmpf_bad:

I hope that's not a crime.

It would be a crime and I heavily recommend anyone who has similar ideas to forget them. It just isn't worth the risk. In Australia the self checkouts have quite accurate scales so it wouldn't work for me anyway.

That would not be allowed, even if it was the prices are most likely different and as such a crime would be committed.

The prices have to be exactly the same. Otherwise it's a crime, obviously. Sorry. Not so farmilliar with self check-out "scales".

I wonder how some got their hands on them...? By the way, I am an honest person but... why would that be illegal if they are the exact same price? Would the said store be fined for selling early?

By the way, I am an honest person but... why would that be illegal if they are the exact same price?

Well, for one, the product isn't for sale. This is little different to you walking into my house, grabbing something, and leaving the money behind. Unless there is an agreement between the store and you then it is stealing, regardless of how much money you leave behind.

I had the same problem yesterday when I went to get duplicates for selling piece-meal, collecting, etc. but fortunately I got all four the day before. (lucky me :tongue: I hope that same worker is clumsy with the Clone Wars shipment :laugh: )

I had the same problem yesterday when I went to get duplicates for selling piece-meal, collecting, etc. but fortunately I got all four the day before. (lucky me :tongue: I hope that same worker is clumsy with the Clone Wars shipment :laugh: )

planning to do any reveiws??? Hint hint :tongue:

I found the tent set and the cutter set. Both had shelf tags, but they rang up in self-checkout as "Restricted Sales." So we went to normal check out where the same thing happened. But the checker just manually rang them up. I guess it just depends on who you get for a checker.

Steve

Ive simmered down. I got the Race for the Stolen treasure set today. :wub:

Foiled!!

Went to one (of about 7 within an hours radius...) and found the Cutter. Took it up to the register and asked how much. Lady checks price - $19.88. Cool, I'll take it! Lady tries to ring it up again and she gets the dreaded "Cannot sell item." message.

Arrggghhhh!

I found the tent set and the cutter set. Both had shelf tags, but they rang up in self-checkout as "Restricted Sales." So we went to normal check out where the same thing happened. But the checker just manually rang them up. I guess it just depends on who you get for a checker.

Steve

:oh: What a naughty checker! Lucky you! :laugh:

I had the same problem today at Walmart. The items came in yesterday (according to the clerk). Most had been placed in the back room, but a few were left on the shelves by accident. The item scanned as "recalled". The cashier tried to tell me it might be the paint from China. I knew better, and she called a manager. They did not sell me the item. :thumbdown:

I find this so silly. In another month, the shelves will be cluttered with them and maybe even go on clearance in a few months. The sets aren't numbered, nor in low production numbers. If it were my store, I'd have a first come, first serve philosophy, unless I had some sort of special event planned.