Ayrlego

[Cor Feb FB1] Gallows, Port Woodhouse

As the Corlander settlements in the Paradise Isles grow, so does the commerce in the region. The shipping lanes connecting the old world with the large commercial settlements of Jameston and Mesabi Landing are busy with traffic conveying goods to and fro. Unfortunately, with this increase in commerce comes too an increase in piracy. The Corlander authorities have had to erect a permanent gallows in Port Woodhouse to deter such lawless curs from attacking Her Majesties subjects.

39893679823_fb6566e005_z.jpg

Here one such pirate captain meets his end!

A gallows I've had constructed for quite sometime. In an effort to tidy up my work bench before I left for sea last week I finished it of for presentation. Not my best or most interesting work this was  something I was originally saving for an MRCA result. However my bench was long overdue for a good tidy and sorting. Unfortunately I still have two half finished projects much larger in size waiting for me when I get back in June - I just couldn't quite complete them in time!

This is a good little scene...  Is there a lever connected to the windows to make em drop?  I keep putting off my gallows build lol perhaps I should finish it. 

Sad day, he was a promising sailor...

2 hours ago, Legonaut said:

Nice gallows, reminds me of the opening scene of PoTC 3. Beautiful Moc :) 

The King and his men
stole the Queen from her bed
and bound her in her bones
the seas be ours and by the powers
where we will we'll roam

Yo ho, all hands
Hoist the colors high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars
Never shall we die...

Very realistic looking gallows, a seemingly simple build but nicely done!

"Gather 'round, everybody! Good noose tonight! It's a doubleheader!" :pir-laugh:

Good job with the gallows. It looks pretty realistic. And I like the overall smoothness of the whole scene. But perhaps a few more redcoats would be handy, just in case... After all, that crowd is pressing close!

A very realistic looking build! Glad to see those piratescum meeting justice!

I think the gallows look a bit too tall, though I understand why you chose to use the pillar parts.