Sign in to follow this  
Jawaguy4

Lego Luna Lovegood discolouration

Got a discoloured Luna Lovegood from the 2010 Harry Potter Hogwarts Express in a bulk lot. Too much time in the sun!

46335603404_6d33ba79af_c.jpg

47059586501_5ce9145bef_c.jpg

Edited by Jawaguy4

I've been away from home for about 5 years now, where I keep 95% of my lego stored in a closet and among it, my minifigures.

A lot of my minifigures' face print bits (lower lips, eyebrows, etc) have scratched off, and this particular pink luna torso is discoloured as well even though it's never been exposed to the sun! (It's actually the same color as yours)

I guess I am not saying this is a strange event as 3 decade old minifigs can be kept intact with proper care, but if they're not, man they're so delicate!... I guess the prints coming off is the result of having all of them in a box and them rubbing against each other, but the discolouration... no idea.

They're in the darkest place they could ever be in. And even when I had all those pieces out, there was no direct contact with the sunlight in that room. Also, some minifig legs and torsos with silver/golden prints are completely faded now!

Remember that rapper with a cap and gold teeth from the collectible minifigs? Mouth gone! He is mute now, bye bye rap career. When I "played" with them they were perfect rofl. This would've been a real nightmare if I were still 13.

Edited by Otherworld

Yeah sadly these things happen. All of my student torsos from the first 3 waves of Harry Potter have also been discoloured, even though they weren't exposed to the sun and were all kept separate in small containers. It looks a little bit strange next to new figures. Still your Luna looks still pretty good with the discolouration. It kinda fits with the gritty tone of the later movies.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

I keep all my minifigs in a container together and I don't think any of them have had printing rubbed off- and none of them seem discolured either- maybe I'm just lucky? My Knight Bus wasn't so lucky though, I think it's previous owner must of had it displayed in the sun, because the bricks are all slightly different shades of purple- I still like it though!