barneius

[MOC] TIE Bomber

The third model in my classic imperial TIE class ships line up. Both hulls are based and joint together with a technic frame which makes the model rigid and solid. The panels are built with the technique I've introduced in my TIE Interceptor. That makes the upper and lower parts of them locked securely in place and with the right angles, as I pay much attention to the proportions. All of the details are intentional - they are supposed to resemble the real built of this very interesting ship in Star Wars universum.  Shaping of the front of the bomb hull was obviously inspired by Jerac (credits) yet it is definitely different built. It is pretty heavy as for its size - the piece count is 1643. There is a tight space for a minifig pilot in the cockpit.

More pics on my flickr account here. If you like it, you may find pdf step-by-step instructions on rebrickable.

46329824084_e2f06a0624_c.jpgTIE Bomber LEGO MOC by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries ltd., on Flickr

47001479822_ca89c6b032_c.jpgTIE Bomber LEGO MOC by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries ltd., on Flickr

40088673953_f0764ec408_c.jpgTIE Bomber LEGO MOC by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries ltd., on Flickr

46140063755_18e1ece315_c.jpgTIE Bomber LEGO MOC by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries ltd., on Flickr

46140047395_9216dcea5a_c.jpgTIE Bomber LEGO MOC by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries ltd., on Flickr

47001531162_4ceaf20e4f_c.jpgTIE Bomber LEGO MOC by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries ltd., on Flickr

Edited by barneius

Great MOC! I can't tell if it's a render or photography!

I love your attention to detail! What's the interior like?

2 hours ago, Reaper said:

Can you fit a pilot in?

It’s a tight fit but yes.

7 hours ago, TWP said:

I can't tell if it's a render or photography!

What's the interior like?

These are real bricks and there is just a cocpit space for the pilot. I was focused on stability and shaping.

2 hours ago, barneius said:

It’s a tight fit but yes.

These are real bricks and there is just a cocpit space for the pilot. I was focused on stability and shaping.

Oh nice, can you show a picture of your setup?

Great MOC! I always loved the TIE Bomber. Wish Lego you show it some love and release a new set soon. Could you post a pic of the cockpit. 

1 hour ago, barneius said:

What do you mean by setup?

I think he means you photography setup. You pics are great. Nice and bright.

Jamie

8 hours ago, TWP said:

Oh nice, can you show a picture of your setup?

Nothing special: just an ordinary shadeless tent + tripod + old Sony compact WX300 camera

On 2/11/2019 at 8:32 PM, barneius said:

Nothing special: just an ordinary shadeless tent + tripod + old Sony compact WX300 camera

Okay, thanks!

Another beautiful moc, well done! The details are spot on and the photography is excellent as usual. What’s next?

On 2/14/2019 at 10:24 PM, mcphatty said:

Another beautiful moc, well done! The details are spot on and the photography is excellent as usual. What’s next?

On 2/14/2019 at 10:29 PM, Daddy_Stardust said:

Absolutely stunning, excellent work.

Thank you guys. Yes, I keep on working on SW projects. One of them (around 1100-1200 pieces) should be ready in about a month.

any chance you have pictures with your standard tie, your interceptor, and the bomber together? with some minifigs in it too?  or videos?

i've been dying to find the perfect tie bomber [and interceptor] moc ... these might be the ones ...

12 hours ago, Tidy said:

any chance you have pictures with your standard tie, your interceptor, and the bomber together? with some minifigs in it too?  or videos?

Interceptor’s cockpit is the same as in my TIE Fighter - check it’s album on my flickr to see how minifig pilot fits in. If light conditions are ok, I’ll take some photos of them all together and bomber with the pilot in this weekend (my photo setup is too small to fit them together). Videos highly possible in couple of months.

On 2/21/2019 at 9:55 AM, barneius said:

Interceptor’s cockpit is the same as in my TIE Fighter - check it’s album on my flickr to see how minifig pilot fits in. If light conditions are ok, I’ll take some photos of them all together and bomber with the pilot in this weekend (my photo setup is too small to fit them together). Videos highly possible in couple of months.

cool, thanks!!! nothing fancy is needed for me though, to see the comparison, but i understand the artist wanting to display optimally! i have a buttload of extra tie fighters to convert ... would love to see what you would do for a tie brute ... ;-]

Bomber's cockpit with and without a pilot- note that the pilot fought in more than one battle - borrowed him from my son ;)
Also pictures of my TIE's together.

46281400705_aa413d7234_c.jpgTIE Bomber MOC Cockpit by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries, on Flickr

47143839512_c5f69971f3_c.jpgTIE Bomber MOC Cockpit by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries, on Flickr

Those two headlights and two 1x1 plates may be replaced with two new 1x1 brackets making much more space for a pilot. Can't update instructions at the moment, because those new brackets hasn't been updated to LDD yet.

46281398265_34c65fc5b0_m.jpgBomber update by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries, on Flickr

47143839042_fbddbf6672_c.jpgTIE line-up by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries, on Flickr

46281399745_790f2156fe_c.jpgTIE line-up by barneius heavy machinery and vessels industries, on Flickr

Edited by barneius

I

LOVE

THIS

MOC

On 2/14/2019 at 4:29 PM, Daddy_Stardust said:

...Hello TLG? Hint hint, look above and get to work! :drool:

Exactly :hmpf:  LEGO, you're great, but c'mon.  Most under-represented ship of the OT - and I can't help but feel that *sometimes* you're asleep at the switch.

BARNEIUS fantastic work - I can't praise this enough!  From proportion to detail it's just perfect...now wrap it in a 20th Anniversary box so I can buy one already!!!:wub:

These look amazing. My favorite TIE MOC/MODs I've seen. Do you have plans to do a TIE Heavy? First Order TIE? etc.?

19 hours ago, jdubbs said:

These look amazing. My favorite TIE MOC/MODs I've seen. Do you have plans to do a TIE Heavy? First Order TIE? etc.?

Thx! First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter (comprehensive MOD of 75101) is already done. You may check it's gallery on my flickr here. Instructions available on rebrickable.

I'm working on yet another two SW flying machines at the moment - one of them should be ready in less than a month.

Edited by barneius

On 2/10/2019 at 7:10 PM, barneius said:

46329824084_e2f06a0624_c.jpg

I'm patiently waiting for a few Bricklink orders to build this ^^ beautiful TIE Bomber!  Many thanks to Barneius Heavy Machinery and Vessels Industries and Rebrickable for providing the instructions to build this astounding model!  The Bricklink easy buy function was tempting, as it made all parts available from just two sellers.  Both sellers were international, however, and I wasn't up for a potentially long wait with customs hold-ups, etc....

So I opted for in-country sellers on October 1st - all orders have been shipped already =oD  This is also my first go at purchasing instructions for a premium MOC, then sourcing the parts.  I'm pretty sure the cost is higher than any potential LEGO release, but at the same time I'm not forced to settle on the 'official' set.  I don't even have the completed model in front of me yet, but I can already see the appeal of purchasing a premium MOC - I get exactly what I want!  I can't wait :moar:

Edited by lowlead
spelling