Episode 2 ~ Fonticulus
Episode 3 ~ A Blessing in Duisguise
Episode 4 ~ The grotto's
Episode 5 ~ Captive of the Mardierians

Main characters:

• Alfie Fraunces, Sea Rats
  • Samson Brody, unaffiliated scientist
  • Captain Le Faou & his comrades
  • Corrington naturalist turned privateer, whom will be discovered in the coming episodes!

"Gold? Here on the Crag? This is surely nonsense Samson. You came all this way to find.. to find what exactly?" A stern sea-rat coxswain told Samson Brody in Alfie's Place while drinking heavily: "How do you plan on finding this lake anyway? It'll take weeks to even map this dreadful rocky island." "What a pity, you are not the man nor do you have the stomach to lead an expedition.", Brody told the first mate irritated. "Gold?"~ Alfie Fraunces joined the two, who where enjoying themselves in his cafe. His men already told him about a Corrington-looking dandy who arrived in The Sereen Cay. "Alfie my name is. Welcome on the Crag. You where discussing?" Alfie spoke in Arlinsport dialect, the place Brody originated from as well. Hearing a fellow countrymen Brody answered: "A man of the fatherland, I hear! A fine establishment you run on this island sir. Very nice to meet a countrymen in a place so far from civilization indeed. I was just narrating the chances this island has to offer!" "Here we go again.." said the first mate before sipping his last bit of Trappist beer and leaving. 

Tavern Meeting

Alfie was quickly interested and invited Brody to his office upstairs. There the two spoke about the legend of the Corrington Naturalist turned Privateer who was last seen on the Rock. The Naturalist was, according to Brody, and old friend of him years back on the university of Arlinsport. The story goes he left this earth and his treasure in a secret cave inside the Rock. A cave hard to find and harder to leave... Since the surface of the Rock was very difficult to enter and to investigate, Brody needed more men. 

Tavern Talk

"Hard to enter. Harder to exit. The perfect hiding place for a lifelong earned stash of gold mr. Fraunces! We will surely find whatever is on this island together!" smiled Brody. Little did they know, someone was eavesdropping...

The uninvited guest of the conversation knew Alfie was up to something. And this particular pirate was know as capt. Le Faou. Le Faou and his crew where waiting for their ship: which was being repaired in The Sereen Cay after the tsunami in Mesabi Landing. "Listen up boys. We are bored out of our minds here. Today I passed by the cafe and overheard Alfie Fraunces talking to a real fancy lad. I swear they are up to find something and I intend to find out what it is. I say we we follow 'em, wait our time, and put them in the ground after stealing all valuables! Who's with me?" 

Secret talk

The End - For now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi all and I hoped you like the introduction to a story I tend to build up in the coming months. In this community I value the high regards to quality over quantity accompanied by a good story: and I want to contribute. Landscaping is not my talent and therefore I thought a story in the Rock would be a good place to train my Moccing skills. Architecture I like much more, and I want to try new things as well as good old nostalgic aspects of LEGO pirates, as some here know. So constructive criticism is always welcome and enjoy the story! Much more is coming!

An overall view of the last vignette:

Spoiler

Architecture Caribbean

Edited by Fraunces

That's some great features in the vignette there!   But an impressive sorry I look forward to seeing where it goes. 

Nice build and very intriguing story - I will be looking forward to following this - and to seeing what those nefarious types are going to do to Fraunces!

I think the build looks good, I like both the interior, the portico, and the exterior shots. The first picture looks like a lively interior scene, the second has some cool shutters, but the third is my favourite. The roofs, walls, and different colour of dirt works very well. I think you might want to work a little bit more with your photos, though, as they seem to have strange lighting. Particularly the second one is also somewhat grainy. I would guess that light is your problem, particularly if you are taking your pictures with an older phone or camera, but I am really no expert - all I can say is that your builds and story are great  - they deserve better pictures :)

@Bregir thanks a lot for the kind remarks. Light is, as you point out, my problem. I have no real photo-booth and no time to make any professional 'studio'-place to take the pictures. For just one picture I walk around the house to find the right angle-lighting combination with a white background. Really hard. But I keep trying until I have the money to buy a better camera + lights  for my LEGO room.

@Roadmonkeytj Thanks! 

Edited by Fraunces

I tripod and a rollerblind can fix you up at a very low budget. The tripod allows longer exposure so light is less critical, and the rollerblind gives a uniform background. I use a light grey one for my pics, and they are fairly cheap from Ikea and similar stores :)

27 minutes ago, Bregir said:

I tripod and a rollerblind can fix you up at a very low budget. The tripod allows longer exposure so light is less critical, and the rollerblind gives a uniform background. I use a light grey one for my pics, and they are fairly cheap from Ikea and similar stores :)

Thanks for the tips!!!