"Many Bothans died to bring us this information"

Hello there, I proudly present to you my MOC "Home One Briefing room"

It has been on Flickr for a bit now, but hadn't gotten around yet posting it here.:blush:

Hope you enjoy!

46617420412_2a281dcd83_z.jpgHome One Briefing Room by TWP., on Flickr

Quite satisfied how this one turned out. Was a fun little MOC to do, some of the angles really gave me a headache, but it worked out in the end. In real life the gaps are less then they make it seem in the picture actually!

I'm not really happy how the table turned out, but I consider this a nice practice MOC anyways for when I'll build a bigger Home One room

Some detailed shots:

46617420202_d50d1c5dba_z.jpgHome One Briefing Room by TWP., on Flickr

45754947395_e869311112_z.jpgHome One Briefing Room by TWP., on Flickr

Without figs:

46617419972_3311a33361_z.jpgHome One Briefing Room by TWP., on Flickr

A bit more pics on my Flickr.

Hope you enjoyed! Be sure to comment if you like it!

Awesome... I've almost wanted to make something like this with the Home 1 hanger set that has the green A-wing.

The guy in the back row... he almost reminded me of the lead singer of Saclonic, Roscoe Thunderpants.  That is, until I went to the flickr link, zoomed in, and noticed that what I am seeing is a open mouth and not a mighty moustache lol!

Edited by Tuskano

10 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Awesome improvement over the LEGO build. Going to steal this!

Thanks! If you need extra pictures, just let me know soon! It's still assembled :wink:

9 hours ago, Tuskano said:

Awesome... I've almost wanted to make something like this with the Home 1 hanger set that has the green A-wing.

The guy in the back row... he almost reminded me of the lead singer of Saclonic, Roscoe Thunderpants.  That is, until I went to the flickr link, zoomed in, and noticed that what I am seeing is a open mouth and not a mighty moustache lol!

Thanks!

Haha - yeah the open mouth is supposed to represent his astonishment when he "learned that the Emperor himself is personally overseeing the final stages of the construction of this Death Star"

7 hours ago, Reaper said:

Looks great! Certainly a great improvement over the lego set!

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, Little Brix said:

Absolutely awesome build! Image the cost if LEGO released it with all those figs... They's be looking $150

Thanks! Yes... there's an awful lot of characters in this scene. One day I want to make a more accurate and bigger briefing room, also with all the minfigs included. I should have enough of most, but I count a whopping 18 Rebel Ground Crew in the scene... They are very hard to obtain, as they appear only in one limited released set (75175 A-wing) and command a lot on the aftermarket. I have "only" 12 of those figs now.

Beautifully done! Absolutely love it! But why's the poor lady in the red helmet got her arm on back to front? *huh*

1 hour ago, TWP said:

Thanks! Yes... there's an awful lot of characters in this scene. One day I want to make a more accurate and bigger briefing room, also with all the minfigs included. I should have enough of most, but I count a whopping 18 Rebel Ground Crew in the scene... They are very hard to obtain, as they appear only in one limited released set (75175 A-wing) and command a lot on the aftermarket. I have "only" 12 of those figs now.

Know the feeling, I've only got three myself and they were an expensive investment, wish we had more but can't justify it. Along with the Imperial Crewmen who also use this headset head, I personally mixed their heads up with General Veers, General Cracken and the open-mouth variant just to give them some nice facial variety. 

What was the limited release details of the A-Wing anyway? I never saw it released here in the UK at all and it was never on Amazon.co.uk, until last summer when suddenly they had a brief massive Lego sale and strangely had it in stock for one day at £26.99, so snatched it up!

6 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Great build :)

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Beautifully done! Absolutely love it! But why's the poor lady in the red helmet got her arm on back to front? *huh*

Know the feeling, I've only got three myself and they were an expensive investment, wish we had more but can't justify it. Along with the Imperial Crewmen who also use this headset head, I personally mixed their heads up with General Veers, General Cracken and the open-mouth variant just to give them some nice facial variety. 

What was the limited release details of the A-Wing anyway? I never saw it released here in the UK at all and it was never on Amazon.co.uk, until last summer when suddenly they had a brief massive Lego sale and strangely had it in stock for one day at £26.99, so snatched it up!

Thank you!

Haha, well spotted! I originally build the MOC for a contest from Firestar showcasing their beautiful printed parts (helmets and arms), but sadly had just one pair of arms, and had to improvise :grin:

Good idea to mix some of the heads! I have extra's of all of those you mentioned, so should be an easy update.

I don't know what was up with the limited release of the A-wing, although I believe it was a Toys R Us exclusive. Only managed to get two myself from germany (with just a small discount), that discount you mention from amazon.co.uk seems amazing, wish I would have known! Would have bought all of them :laugh:

1 hour ago, DarthTrocious said:

Nicely done.

No Orrimaarko, aka Prune Face?

Thanks!

Sadly there's no Dressellians in lego form yet, I would really Like lego to release them soon!

PRUNE FACE!

PRUNE FACE!

26 minutes ago, TWP said:

Thanks!

Thank you!

Haha, well spotted! I originally build the MOC for a contest from Firestar showcasing their beautiful printed parts (helmets and arms), but sadly had just one pair of arms, and had to improvise :grin:

Good idea to mix some of the heads! I have extra's of all of those you mentioned, so should be an easy update.

I don't know what was up with the limited release of the A-wing, although I believe it was a Toys R Us exclusive. Only managed to get two myself from germany (with just a small discount), that discount you mention from amazon.co.uk seems amazing, wish I would have known! Would have bought all of them :laugh:

Thanks!

Sadly there's no Dressellians in lego form yet, I would really Like lego to release them soon!

PRUNE FACE!

PRUNE FACE!

Was the competition for the Christmas rebel pilot helmet by any chance haha? I personally never bothered entering it, I love my old school helmets, but have to admit, when they go novelty, it doesn't have much appeal to me. Had it been for, say, an all new Rogue One helmet, I'd have been on it like a car bonnet though!!! 

Ah that explains it, we didn't have/don't have (is it fully gone?) Toys R Us where I am in the Channel Islands so it was not something I'd have been able to have ever looked into (hence why I still haven't followed if all Toys R Us are gone). It's a great version of the A-Wing, with a lovely character selection, but had to rip that awful new landing gear out and make one akin to the version in the Rebels A-Wing Vs Darth Vader's TIE Fighter set whilst i was building it. Why they changed it from perfect to bizarre for this set I cannot understand, god I hated its original asymmetrical, side-facing sloping landing gear! 

Sticking C-3P0 in that new Juniors A-Wing was such a mistake, it should have been another tech (I thought it was from the original blurred leaks). I was a school kid in the mid 80s, all my birthday party-bags each year from around 85-88 were Star Wars figures, and usually they were something crap like C-3PO, an ewok (perhaps even from the cartoon show!) or a Jawa. Kids wanted stormtroopers or Boba Felt, not dull toys who were prissy robotic butlers, teddy bears or hooded used car salesmen, and I'll stand by my belief that kids would likely feel the same today. Stick a rebel technician or fleet trooper in there (I know he's in the X-Wing, but you get what I mean), not someone who has no play value whatsoever. Kids get someone with some actual value ("your ship is ready for launch sir!") and adults get a cheap version of a character Lego undoubtedly didn't make their money back on having such a limited run of.

But what do I know, I was only the target audience during the first era, and now a dad during the second era...!

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Just now, Daddy_Stardust said:

<snip>

Yes, it was for that contest, indeed! And you know what, I even won one of the Kris'ma Skarell figures!

I just joined the contest for fun, didn't absolutely need a christmas pilot, but hey, when I hear the word "exclusive" I'm most of the times convinced! Also, it makes a nice addition to all the advent calendar christmas-themed minifigs!

Yeah, they should have stuch the ground crew in there! I had just bought 6 of the ground crew when prelims surfaced, and was afraid that it would be ground crews that I had just bought for expensive... Looking back, I wish it were ground crew!

Just now, TWP said:

Yes, it was for that contest, indeed! And you know what, I even won one of the Kris'ma Skarell figures!

I just joined the contest for fun, didn't absolutely need a christmas pilot, but hey, when I hear the word "exclusive" I'm most of the times convinced! Also, it makes a nice addition to all the advent calendar christmas-themed minifigs!

Wow that's excellent though, well done!!!! :laugh: Your build utterly deserved to have won so very glad to hear it did!

Really hope Firestar will release more pilot helmets in the future, Rogue One gave them so many options to choose from, yet the original run of three helmets they made are still unavailable after all these months, hope it's not a one-and-done thing. I don't want to sound like a helmet-tart or anything, but they print it, I'll probably buy it haha!

Just now, Daddy_Stardust said:

Wow that's excellent though, well done!!!! :laugh: Your build utterly deserved to have won so very glad to hear it did!

Really hope Firestar will release more pilot helmets in the future, Rogue One gave them so many options to choose from, yet the original run of three helmets they made are still unavailable after all these months, hope it's not a one-and-done thing. I don't want to sound like a helmet-tart or anything, but they print it, I'll probably buy it haha!

Thanks again for your kind words!

And I believe they will :wink:

On 2/13/2019 at 12:59 AM, SnowDog2112 said:

So simple, but it really captures the look of the room. Nicely done!

Thanks! It was not really that simple - there's a lot of weird offsetting going on, to get the circle circumference somewhat accurate, I had to use 3x2 wedges, and the width of a seat is 2 studs deep... to get the steps to line up I had to do multiple weird offsetting tricks, but in the end it worked satisfactionary :classic:

9 hours ago, ShadowStrike said:

Wow, this would make for a great minifig display! Any chance we could get an LDD file or similar? 

Thanks! I don't have a LDD file, but I could post a few breakdown pics if that would help?

This is one of my favourite scenes from my favourite Star Wars film. Well done on the shape! Would love to see it expanded to include more of the room and the corridors. Gorgeous collection of figures too...

39 minutes ago, Retro said:

This is one of my favourite scenes from my favourite Star Wars film. Well done on the shape! Would love to see it expanded to include more of the room and the corridors. Gorgeous collection of figures too...

Thanks, it's also my favorite scene! I intend to do that, expand it so it will be the whole scene also including Ackbar's command bridge up top. This was a nice practice for it, glad you like it!

Looks great!

I'll be curious to see what you do with the bridge... I have to come up with some kind of miniature version, soon.

Are there any better hairpieces out there for Mon Mothma's hair? Someone mentioned that a Sabine hairpiece in brown would work great, and I was holding out hope for that.

On 2/18/2019 at 1:53 AM, ShadowStrike said:

That would definitely be appreciated!

Okay, will do! I hope you have some patience, I'm not at the place of my collection for a while.

On 2/19/2019 at 4:49 PM, Raskolnikov said:

Looks great!

I'll be curious to see what you do with the bridge... I have to come up with some kind of miniature version, soon.

Are there any better hairpieces out there for Mon Mothma's hair? Someone mentioned that a Sabine hairpiece in brown would work great, and I was holding out hope for that.

Thanks Raskolnikov! I don't have real plans yet of how I'm going to do the bridge, but I really want to include a moving chair function, like in the Home One set.

I've been following your Home One WIP (Which by the way already looks amazing!), I'm interested how you'll do it, can't wait till you finish it!

Didn't hear about the Sabine hairpiece yet, it sadly does not seem to exist in that color, but would be a great fit! Currently I would go for the Larry the Barrista hairpiece from TLM1, but I have yet to order this myself. I did update her head with this one (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626bpb0590#T=C&amp;C=90), and think it makes a better Mon Mothma.

On 2/22/2019 at 10:53 PM, TWP said:

Okay, will do! I hope you have some patience, I'm not at the place of my collection for a while. 

Oh, yes please .... that looks EXACTLY like I would want it ... a few hints on the building process will be much appreciated - GREAT BUILD!