Sign in to follow this  
Calanon

Finch Posting

11 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

it's kinda scummy of you all to ask Lego to give you new pieces for free

Not everyone angrily/fraudulently claimed to have had missing pieces (which was, as you point out, not technically true). Sweettalking CS reps also worked. I had one tell me she couldn't order his helmet, but she'd order his head for me and then email me first thing the next morning to confirm she'd put a second order through for the helmet.

21 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

it's kinda scummy of you all to ask Lego to give you new pieces for free

That's not the point. The point is that Lego gave the figure to some people, and refused some people. They have to be consistent - either you give it to everyone who can show a serial number and receipt, or you give it to nobody. I would totally have been a bit cranky that I missed out on a very limited figure if they had said no to everyone, but it still would've been fair.

Also, you never know the history of the purchase. Maybe someone thought they got the new set but got the old one. Maybe the store had the wrong picture. Etc. It's customer support hell, and that's why it's a bad practice to change something in an already released set. Giving everyone the new figure is the right thing to do imo (the cost is minimal for them, and it's a nice goodwill), but they should've been more strict on proof of purchase from the start. It seems they just threw away figures to everyone who asked (figures who ended up on ebay for $100 a piece!) and that's why it exploded.

Edited by danielwerner

I’m happy to report that I finally acquired the finch head and helmet from Lego in the US! I’ve been following this ordeal for a long time and had actually purchased 75188 late in December. It was and online order so I thought I may have been lucky enough to have the updated version when reports came in of finch being a running change. When I got home to check my set, it was not so and this started my hunt for him.

When I heard of reports that Lego was giving him away, I called customer service and was one of the unlucky one to be give a strong no, even with a recent purchase. I was very bummed and tried placing an online order for all of the figure parts and it was then cancel soon after. I thought it was hopeless until I read of some people still getting parts, even if it was just the head and helmet, which is fine by me. I just wanted a movie accurate figure. I decided to place another online parts order a week or so later for just the head and helmet. The order went through but then I got the order canceled message, or so I thought. Turns out only the head was canceled and the helmet came in the mail a week later! I was so excited, yet I still didn’t have Finch’s head. After another week of contemplating how to get the final part I needed, I placed an order online for just the head and it came through! I’m super thankful I was able to get the updated parts and hope this may help anyone still trying their luck to keep positive and keep trying. 

I think it is totally wrong to try to get free parts from Lego in order to resell on eBay and it’s sad this was abused by some. I feel like it was the right thing for Lego to do to offer the updated parts to those who had purchased the set, especially later on, but I wish there was a better way to control the abuse of it. 

Apologies for the post bump but I'm adding my recent experience on this.

I purchased the bomber in the May 4th promo for £60 (40% off). Lego must have had some spares sets laying around ready for the promo.

Anyway it arrived yesterday and didn't have Finch on the box art. On the Lego customer service chat, I explained the online instructions had a different figure on Lego's website and listed the 2 parts. He asked if I was after 'the Finch dallow minifig update'. After a few questions I provided the instructions '6xxx' number on the back and a 4 digit code on the box seal. Apparently they wanted these numbers to confirm if this set was eligible (I guess to check the instructions 'code' hadn't already been used).

He confirmed there were 'in stock and ready' so I'm guessing more parts are now printed ready to ship if anyone enquires with the right information to hand (i.e. instruction and seal code)

I cannot confirm for all regions, but this was in the UK (so possibly extends to Europe too as sometimes replacement parts have an airmail sticker on in past experiences).

The head and helmet shipped today so should arrive in the next few days.

On 2/18/2019 at 1:51 AM, TwoSolitudes said:

I ordered my bomber last week in Canada and it arrived Friday. Was really hoping for Finch- but no luck. So I used the online chat with customer service and... no problem at all. She said since I ordered it in Feb it should have had Finch, so they would send me the replacement parts in about 2 weeks. Lego Customer service being great again. I think it helped I was a VIP member with a long order history. And she did ask if this was the 1st or 2nd bomber that I had ordered. 

But at least in my experience, doesn't seem like getting Finch is any issue at all- at least not if you have bought the set recently.  

Did the box have Finch on it or did it have the other pilot?

On 10/6/2020 at 9:07 AM, scheyjosh said:

Did the box have Finch on it or did it have the other pilot?

I think it did not- but I don't remember. Lego never asked me about box though. Only thing that seemed to matter was the date I ordered it.