Sign in to follow this  
Calanon

Finch Posting

So as to not derail the 2019 Set Discussion thread further, let's discuss the Finch Dallow situation here instead.

I'm being sent the head and helmet (albeit no torso or legs), which is nice although ever so slightly annoying in that I need to buy the torso and legs separately now to have the generic pilot as an engineer. When I contacted Lego I said I'd be willing to have bought it as a polybag or set and simply asked if anything could be done about it.

What's been your situation in regards to the Finch minifig? Have you had any luck in getting the new pieces from Lego to complete your Resistance Bomber?

I contacted Lego and asked them if they could send me the updated minifig (I had proof in terms of both the receit where I bought the original set, and the serial number) but it was a big NO. Not even the head and helmet - nothing.

Feels pretty bad that I'd have to resort to buying it from profiteers on ebay. :/

Edited by danielwerner

3 hours ago, danielwerner said:

I contacted Lego - but it was a big NO. 

Yow, I was really hoping they would.  That is a gigantic bummer, I don't know if I'll contact them now.  :( Hopefully bricklink prices even out soon.

@Calanon, I feel like Finch would've made a good polybag as well.

Pulled the trigger for one Finch for almost a hundred bucks now. Feels pretty bad to feed the whole usurious practice, but I really need that minifig... I'm sure it'll be announced as a freebie or polybag now. ^^

Just now, danielwerner said:

Pulled the trigger for one Finch for almost a hundred bucks now. Feels pretty bad to feed the whole usurious practice, but I really need that minifig... I'm sure it'll be announced as a freebie or polybag now. ^^

Dude *huh* :sad:

I have it pretty bad for old school OT rebel helmets and I felt guilty as hell for giving in and spending £13.00 on the full mini figure of green helmet Wedge after trying to get the helmet individually and being sent the original grey one instead... it's your money, but wow, is he really worth it? It's a little plastic head and a little plastic helmet, the body is stock and can be Bricklinked for minuscule amounts. We just shouldn't let these people get away with taking financial advantage of the situation that the Lego group so graciously helped people out with thinking they were disappointed customers. It's your call, it's your money, but hate to see people profiting from a system that's meant to help loyal customers, not profit those who are taking advantage of it. Just saddens me to know you took the plunge and someone's laughing his way to the bank because of it!

36 minutes ago, danielwerner said:

Pulled the trigger for one Finch for almost a hundred bucks now.

My man...!

I hate to even think about that. What a crappy practice from TLG :(

Haha yeah. The money's not a huge deal for me (not saying I can buy a million Finches with no sweat, but on the other hand not that I'll have to live on cup noodles the rest of the year) but it's mostly the principle that bugs me. But I really want to build the UCS Resistance Bomber that Starbricks are working on, and it wouldn't feel complete without a Finch. ^^ I guess it's just Murphys law. If I hadn't bought it the Finches would've run out TODAY and skyrocket in prices - since I bought it I bet they'll give em away for free within a few weeks. So you should thank me for buying one! :P 

I agree it's a pretty crappy practice by TLG in this case. It would've been one thing if they'd update the set and just tell everyone "too bad if you missed out on the set - we have no way of handing out replacements" - but here they gave replacements to a lot of people and after a while just started refusing. I get WHY, it wasn't feasible since so many contacted them. But really, either send replacement parts to everyone or no one IMHO.

Edited by danielwerner

^ Instances like this make me question whether I even like the collectability aspect of lego (minifigs in particular). I get that paying high price may be easier to swallow for some, especially if the desire is there, but still the very fact that it is just a figure of such unfortunate origin makes it feel crappy. You know, the fact that this stupid piece of plastic with some print that someone gets handed out for free and other people can't reasonably get their hands on almost steals the show compared to some really cool things that Lego is (or at least IMO should be) about. Mirko made a cool model and I feel like some damn fig shouldn't be allowed to make it any less or more cool :D But I absolutely get your point and the feel of completeness, it just kind of upsets me still. Just imagine that it becomes a thing and some people would feel less happy about having the awesome model on display but not having the figure. And granted I know this is nothing new to the existing concept of exclusivity, every time it somehow invades the more pure enjoyment from Lego as I like it, I just wish it wasn't a thing at all.

I was able to order the head, helmet, torso and legs.  I used missing pieces, those 4 are all in same bag number 1.  There are two number 1 bags.  I had the original version.  I downloaded the PDF instructions, whihc have the Finch parts and the proof of purchase.  I got mine two weeks ago and ordered it three weeks ago, so I guess LEGO got slammed with requests and put the brakes on.

I requested the head and helmet about two weeks ago and received them today. I just reported them as missing via the form on LEGO.com; it listed them as out of stock and said that they'd contact me to say when they could be shipped, but they shipped them the next day without ever asking me anything else.

19 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I requested the head and helmet about two weeks ago and received them today. I just reported them as missing via the form on LEGO.com; it listed them as out of stock and said that they'd contact me to say when they could be shipped, but they shipped them the next day without ever asking me anything else.

Thanks for the tip - I tried that just to be sure, not expecting much. This way at least TLG can be sure that it's not being abused by scammers since you HAVE TO provide proof of purchase (serial number from the instruction booklet).

Edit: I think they'll actually send me the parts now! The above + whining about their practice in this case (I wasn't expecting anything from their part, I just wanted to give some feedback that I think it's unfair to give some people the parts and some not) seems to have done the trick. 

Edited by danielwerner

16 hours ago, danielwerner said:

Edit: I think they'll actually send me the parts now! The above + whining about their practice in this case (I wasn't expecting anything from their part, I just wanted to give some feedback that I think it's unfair to give some people the parts and some not) seems to have done the trick. 

Glad it worked out for you! I agree that it's not ideal, but I also suspect that they're telling the truth when they tell some folks they don't have any parts to ship them. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the number of requests has greatly outmatched the number of Finches that were allocated to their support system, at least in some regions. Sure, it isn't fair, but I think LEGO has been pretty reasonable overall with the customer service aspect. Changing the figure without announcing it was a dick move to begin with, but everything since then has been fine--everybody who got a figure from LEGO got it purely out of the kindness of their hearts, after all. Granted, I say that as someone who got a figure. If I hadn't I might be more annoyed with them....

I finally assembled my Finch several days ago and now he's sitting at his rightful place aboard the Cobalt Hammer. :)

There's no doubt that Lego messed up but I agree that their attitude since has been nothing short of exemplary. I contacted them on two occasions with several days in between and customer reps clearly received adequate briefing after the initial wave of requests, which frankly seemed to absolutely baffle them. They were also exceedingly polite and forthcoming in all of our interactions.

It'd be interesting to hear what happened behind the scenes. Isn't there a bunch of Lego ambassadors who might be able to inquire further?

I contacted Lego last week, and agree with the notion that their customer service was/is exemplary. Unfortunately it seems I missed the boat slightly and they were only able to send me the helmet as the head was showing as out of stock - better than nothing as can still put a Finch like figure together.

However I then bit the bullet and regretfully/worryingly bought one off eBay for (a relatively cheap) £65 - no doubt the figure will be released in a Resistance Bomber Microfighter in the near future and I'll grow to loathe my insane purchase, but hey ho :)

In terms of those without a figure, I got the impression from the rep I spoke to that it may be worth continuing to contact customer services in the future, as they "may release another batch" - perhaps they've stopped sending out all the parts presently to counter chancers etc - perhaps when the hype's died down the parts will become available again!?!

Can anyone verify that torso and leg printing is same?

The part numbers are exactly same but new one might have different colors???

not sure it’s just different light from camera....

16 minutes ago, Kimguroo said:

It's just the lighting.

On 2/12/2019 at 1:37 PM, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I did the same yesterday. Got an email saying they shipped today.

Same as you KP. Listed as "out of stock", said they would contact me. Never contacted me, but, got a shipping notice today. 

Hope this helps anyone else out. 

Off to Bricklink to get the legs and torso!!

10 hours ago, Kimguroo said:

They're the same torso and legs as all four of the figures listed here. For anybody else Bricklinking the body, you don't have to get another Resistance Bomber Pilot; the same body was used for the pilot in the Ski Speeder microfighter, which can be had for under $4.

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

They're the same torso and legs as all four of the figures listed here. For anybody else Bricklinking the body, you don't have to get another Resistance Bomber Pilot; the same body was used for the pilot in the Ski Speeder microfighter, which can be had for under $4.

In addition to this, the minifig in the microfighter is Nodin Chavdri but he ought to have an olive jumpsuit like Tallie does (albeit without the scarf).

8 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

18 hours ago, Calanon said:

It's just the lighting.

Thanks for the info. I was able to order head and helmet and different pics showed different colors so I thought I should ask for body too. I was searching for torso and leg  but nodin minifigure is better option than buying body parts separately from bricklink. 

Hello! I recently received a Finch Dallow head and helmet after contacting LEGO. I got it about a week ago. Then, this week, I received a second one. It seems LEGO messed up and sent me two. If anyone is in the US and would like the head & helmet, send me a PM. Edit: Someone has snatched it up.

40143118943_15c38093cf_z.jpg

Edited by DarthsDonuts54
Gone

I ordered my bomber last week in Canada and it arrived Friday. Was really hoping for Finch- but no luck. So I used the online chat with customer service and... no problem at all. She said since I ordered it in Feb it should have had Finch, so they would send me the replacement parts in about 2 weeks. Lego Customer service being great again. I think it helped I was a VIP member with a long order history. And she did ask if this was the 1st or 2nd bomber that I had ordered. 

But at least in my experience, doesn't seem like getting Finch is any issue at all- at least not if you have bought the set recently.  

My head and helmet have arrived, now my Cobalt Hammer is at 4/5 crew. Lego, please give us Spennie!

I received the head and helmet. I have not build 75188 yet so I preferred to order nodin minifigure to use torso and leg.

I did not know where I should display at home then I used old leftover parts from scariff stormtrooper polybag and put imperfected decals haha. 

2q40f2h.jpg

v2r5aa.jpg

Ok, just my 2 cents on this situation. Was it smart of Lego to replace minifigure in a sets that's already retired in some countries? No, it wasn't. But unless you all got updated Bomber set that had Finch on the box, and he wasn't in a set, it's kinda scummy of you all to ask Lego to give you new pieces for free. You got the old version of the set that had nameless pilot? Then you got what was promised!