Holodoc

Eurobricks event #15 GÜNZBURG (!) sign up thread

Thanks for finding a place to stay! I am fine with a double bed room (21€ more for LEGO :innocent:) and I can share with anyone. :classic: 

I am fine to share, but I could take a single room if someone else wanna use more money on LEGO :p 

Thanks a lot @Holodoc for doing all this for us. Much appreciated.

I'm fine with any algorithm assigning us to rooms :)

Hope that everyone still unsure makes it in the end! Fingers crossed!

I would be happy with sharing a room, but a single bed room would also be ok, if it works out better that way.
The double room might be with @Skalldyr again, but I would be fine with anybody else too :)

Edited by Vaionaut

20 hours ago, Vaionaut said:

I would be happy with sharing a room, but a single bed room would also be ok, if it works out better that way.
The double room might be with @Skalldyr again, but I would be fine with anybody else too :)

That would be absolutely fine with me :classic:

OK, so it looks like I might end up going to Heathrow to get to Munich! 

But what I really need to know: I have to get back to Munich airport for a midday flight, (then a long wait at Frankfurt) the trains do run on Sunday? I think I would have to leave in the morning on Sunday (possibly early) so I can get for my lunchtime flight home.

1 hour ago, Peppermint_M said:

But what I really need to know: I have to get back to Munich airport for a midday flight, (then a long wait at Frankfurt) the trains do run on Sunday? I think I would have to leave in the morning on Sunday (possibly early) so I can get for my lunchtime flight home.

Yes they do. On sunday for 19€ and it will take 2 hours from Günzburg to Munich Airport with just one change of train. :thumbup:

Sounds excellent!

I am doing the maths and figuring things out, but it honestly looks cheaper for me to travel to London a day earlier, stay overnight and fly early on the 11th than it would be to take a flight from a local airport. With a return flight and a second overnight stay and a bus home too. 

So, I'll plot everything out! :grin:

8 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

According to DB trains schedules, there should be trains going to Munich airport also on Sunday. Have you checked for your specific time of arrival? This is a general search I did for Sunday. I'm sure you'll be able to get there on time. 

Sorry to say that I can't make it. :cry_sad: I was checking out prices for transport and they're a bit too high for me, for the moment. But I guess I'll see youu all next year inBillund :sweet:

Okay, 15 hours of not lurking here and the world is different. :laugh:

Good to hear you can make it Peppy! In wise prevision I booked 8 beds. So no problem with your accomodation. I assume the girls want to share a room together?

@Peppermint_M No option to fly to/from Stuttgart? Then I could help with picking you up (like Comike). :wink:

@snefroe Sorry to hear that! Well, in Billund then!

@Holodoc  Well, I can get flights direct that will land at 11:45 am or 17:10 on Thursday. Then they depart at 17:15 on the Sunday.

I would love a ride from and to the airport :grin: but which is the best time? (The flights, a bus to heathrow and a hotel overnight is still cheaper than the flights I lost)

7 hours ago, Holodoc said:

Good to hear you can make it Peppy! In wise prevision I booked 8 beds. So no problem with your accomodation. I assume the girls want to share a room together?

@Peppermint_M No option to fly to/from Stuttgart? Then I could help with picking you up (like Comike). :wink:

I'm ok sharing with @Peppermint_M (if she agrees, or doesn't want a single room).

So, how close to the park is the place you booked, @Holodoc? Considering there's not many eventees this year, two cars will be enough for the transport to/from the park. 

Just now, Peppermint_M said:

I am perfectly happy to share :classic:

Great to hear. And also, great to see you can make it! 

If some other things are arranged I can make it from thursday evening to Saturday morning ... 

Is there a possibility with the rooms still?

19 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

So, how close to the park is the place you booked, @Holodoc? Considering there's not many eventees this year, two cars will be enough for the transport to/from the park. 

11 km to the park, a bit more than two years ago.

5 hours ago, Aredhel said:

If some other things are arranged I can make it from thursday evening to Saturday morning ... 

Is there a possibility with the rooms still?

Great to hear that! :thumbup:
For now every room is full. I booked for 8 and you would be the 9th eventee. I can see what I can do for you. I booked via the local tourist information and have no reply from the hotel itself yet.

Just now, Peppermint_M said:

@Holodoc Just to check: Is the flight that gets in at 11:45 am the best for meeting Mike and you?

Ok, got it! I´m arriving Stuttgart the 11th at 12.10 flight SK1633

That's Mike's schedule. 25 minutes wait is acceptable, isn't it?

That sounds fine :grin: I will book the flight to Stuttgart. 

Plus, the afternoon flight home on the Sunday means I have plenty of time to get to the airport :classic:

17 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Plus, the afternoon flight home on the Sunday means I have plenty of time to get to the airport :classic:

I can take you back to Stuttgart on Sunday, but I will leave something around 9 o'clock in the morning and it's around a one hour drive to Stuttgart. Copmike will depart at 19:45 on Sunday.

I totally missed the change. I now live 2h away from the event. Are you all already booked in?

7 hours ago, Lasse D said:

I totally missed the change. I now live 2h away from the event. Are you all already booked in?

Lucky you and lucky all the other members who still want to join our event: Today I got the information that there are still rooms in the hotel left!

I put you, Aredhel and RC1136 on my list.