Holodoc

Eurobricks event #15 GÜNZBURG (!) sign up thread

You may have noticed, that this year's event was moved to Günzburg.

Now it's time to nail it down. All information can be found in the information (:wink:) topic .
Short cut here: The event will take place from Thursday, 11th of April until Sunday, 14th of April. We'll visit the Legoland (and the Fabrik of course) and are planning to go to Munich as well.
Like always Copmike and me will take care for the fun and contest part.

We are short of time due to the changes, so please report here, if you are willing to join the fun!
I have found a nice place to stay - no, it's not the usual Kirchenbauerhof! - and we have to tell them soon how many we are.

I'm signing in, too. 

(And thanks for all the "behind-the-scene-work" to reorganize the event in Germany.) 

:wub_drool: Living only 1,5 hours away I am sooo in for that date and location!! Amazing changes since I would not have made it to Windsor. Also like last time in Germany: If you two need help with some orga stuff tell me and I will see if I can help you out :wink:

Signing up too! Really looking forward to seeing you again :)

I would also have liked to come to Windsor... even though the journey is easier for me now^^

Ok... So the airline I booked with has just gone into administration.

I paid with credit card, so no concerns about getting the money back, but now I have to figure out how I am getting to Germany...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47267901

EDIT: Something it seems I can't get to work on immediately, as all the flight booking sites still have BMI as a carrier option :wall:

This is a much better date :) 
I am signing up then :) 

Edited by eiker86

On 2/16/2019 at 8:18 PM, Peppermint_M said:

Ok... So the airline I booked with has just gone into administration.

I paid with credit card, so no concerns about getting the money back, but now I have to figure out how I am getting to Germany...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47267901

EDIT: Something it seems I can't get to work on immediately, as all the flight booking sites still have BMI as a carrier option :wall:

Oh noooo! I hope you will still be able to make it somehow...

Currently not so fun, I am hoping that in the next few weeks some other carrier takes on the routes that BMI covered, so I can fly according to plan.

10 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Currently not so fun, I am hoping that in the next few weeks some other carrier takes on the routes that BMI covered, so I can fly according to plan.

Thus sounds awfull. Are there any other options from other UK airports? Perhaps taking a train part of the way or something? I honestly didn't thought there will be so many Brexit problems.

Have you checked the Momondo page? I usually look there for multiple options. Hope you find something suitable soon (and for a reasonable price).

At the moment I am looking at a mix of options, both other airports and even travelling earlier to start and later to get home. The Prices are pretty awful sadly.  I'll give Momondo a look too, thanks :classic:

8 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Fingers crossed! :blush:

Just for clarification so I can hand in my vacation request: we would arrive Thursday midday or evening the 11th of April and leave Sunday morning, midday or evening the 14th of April? Is that correct?

2 hours ago, Skalldyr said:

Just for clarification so I can hand in my vacation request: we would arrive Thursday midday or evening the 11th of April and leave Sunday morning, midday or evening the 14th of April? Is that correct?

This is absolutely correct! We will have the evening on Thursday, and two complete days: Friday and Saturday. One for the park, two for the show Munich - if we wish to go there.

On 2/17/2019 at 6:30 PM, eiker86 said:

This is a much better date :) 
I am signing up then :) 

But I can't join unfortunately :( 

Travel cost will be to high for me. 

Hoping for Gûnzburg again in two years :) 

Edited by eiker86

To sum it up, we have

• MsttrOfPpts
  • Redhead
  • Skalldyr
  • Vaionaut
  • Copmike
  • and me.

which will make it a nice and cosy little event this time! :wub: That won't diminish the fun for sure!

I will now search for an accomodation for the six of us. I had something in mind, hopefully that is not booked by now.
I somebody will not need this accomodation or prefers to stay somewhere else, please let me know!

@Peppermint_M Can you please tell us if/when your flight problem is solved?

I certainly want to come, I have asked for better options from the company I booked onto BMI with, if they do not come up with something I will sort out another set of flights,

The Event is my annual holiday trip, so I am making a great effort to get flights or other travel sorted.

22 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I certainly want to come, I have asked for better options from the company I booked onto BMI with, if they do not come up with something I will sort out another set of flights,

The Event is my annual holiday trip, so I am making a great effort to get flights or other travel sorted.

:oh:

That's too much honor for us. :wub: If I can be of any help, let me know.
We want you to be there!

8 hours ago, eiker86 said:

I found my self an inexpensive travel :) 

I then hope it's ok to sign up again?

Sure, no deal. Welcome back then! :grin:

I'm just curious: Does inexpensive mean a 3-day bus tour? :sick: one way, of course...

I'd like to come too, just not sure how to get there, without a car :look: ah yes, need to check with work as well... and do I even have enough money... hmmm... good question...

I'll let you guys know...

If you manage to get to my place I can take over the rest of the journey.
The problem is: I'll have to leave at 7:30 o' clock at the latest to pick Copmike up at the airport in Stuttgart in time. :look:

I can book the following:

3x double bed room (70€ per night incl. breakfast)

2x single bed room (42€ per night incl. breakfast)

This makes 105€ in total for a stay in the twin-room and 126€ in the single room.

Please report here if I shall book the rooms and who will sleep where. I'm fine to share my room with anyone. :wink: