Sign in to follow this  
Modeltrainman

Inspiration- A Space Pirate Ship.

Get ready to sail the 7 star systems with this fearsome vessel! Solar powered light speed engines, a fearsome crew of 4, plus their one legged captain, this ship is ready to tangle with anyone who comes across it!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/f8b37d14-140b-4d3c-a43c-04b246421ffc/comments_tab?comment_uuid=548d54cb-e7c5-498b-a41f-77cbcc5359df#comment-548d54cb-e7c5-498b-a41f-77cbcc5359df&gid=1&pid=1

SpaceSchooner.jpg

Edited by Modeltrainman

Hi, Modeltrainman - Is this the result of the thread you posted on Bricklink a couple of months ago, asking for advice in neo Classic Space builds and whether or not to just build your own thing?  If so, thanks for posting.  If not, thanks for posting anyway.  This is a fun idea and I can tell you've worked hard on it, but you haven't posted enough pictures to Ideas to let anyone really get a good look at it.  Could you post some pictures showing the ship from different angles, such as the side, top, front, back, and various three-quarter views?  Maybe someone else on this forum can give you better feedback based on this single picture.

@icmThis is result of me just sitting down one day, being inspired. I want to get my Ideas out, and show people what I can do with LEGO, since I love it so much! And thank you! I'll definitely go render some more views. I just love building,, and have lots of crazy ideas! Ever since I was a little guy, I've always wanted to design a LEGO set. Being disabled, LEGO has always been a method of expression for me, and I know LEGO Ideas isn't a guarantee, but I had a lot of fun with this, and wanted to let people decide. I didn't have any Classic Space growing up, or 'big' sets, (like Pirate ships, bases,but I see Classic Space in books,(and LEGO Movie,) so I like the look. I can't compete with established builders, but I want LEGO to see that people care about non licensed stuff, and that I can do non licensed stuff myself.

Edited by Modeltrainman