Recommended Posts

Hi all.

I usually build sci-fi but there is always a good time to try something different. Here is an moc I built that was inspired by D&D and some pieces from the Knights Kingdom figures.

46302584714_f4681c12fc_z.jpg

Hope ya like it :)

Edited by PaddyBricksplitter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  Finally those spiders feel like the right scale, but even more creepy with this figure standing over them.  Really great overall, but I especially like the shaping on the gloves & gauntlets, the shoulders/cape connection, and the helmet with those glowing eyes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the design.  The torso and legs are great.  I like the cone pieces on the arms.  Nice flail too.  The head is neat with the wing pieces.  The base is good with the round design.  I like your bats also.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 6:44 PM, Servertijd said:

Just awesome!

Thanks :classic:

On 2/8/2019 at 8:01 PM, deraven said:

Wow!  Finally those spiders feel like the right scale, but even more creepy with this figure standing over them.  Really great overall, but I especially like the shaping on the gloves & gauntlets, the shoulders/cape connection, and the helmet with those glowing eyes.  

Many thanks deraven. Those new spiders are really nice pieces. I got the Harry Potter set Aragog’s Lair especially for them. It’s a get little set.

21 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Love the design.  The torso and legs are great.  I like the cone pieces on the arms.  Nice flail too.  The head is neat with the wing pieces.  The base is good with the round design.  I like your bats also.  

Thanks, glad you liked it.

Edited by PaddyBricksplitter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wooh! That is amazing!

I really like the shape of the figure. You have done a great job by using the curved wedges. 

The helmet is just brilliant. *oh2*:wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sander1992 said:

Wooh! That is amazing!

I really like the shape of the figure. You have done a great job by using the curved wedges. 

The helmet is just brilliant. *oh2*:wub:

Most appreciated :blush:

I spent quite a long time getting the shape right looking at sets of armour. I’m glad I bought those big curved slopes, it’s the first time in four years that I used them. I got them for one of my first mocs.

25 minutes ago, peedeejay said:

NPU overkill! Thats one mean looking fellow. Fantastic build!

Many thanks as always peedeejay those Harry Potter sets are great buys for new parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a fantastic build.  Thanks for sharing!  There is so much to dissect here from the overall shapes and pose to great parts usage.  It's already all been said.  I particularly like the lighting you've given this piece.

Great stuff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 8:33 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

As usual a great masterpiece from you!

I like the spiders!

Thanks, I think the new spiders are way more creepy that he old ones, no pun intended :grin:

On 2/10/2019 at 11:29 PM, Eggyslav said:

I get some serious Basil the Bat Lord vibes from this bad boy, and I love it! :D

Yes he does look like Basil :laugh_hard:

On 2/11/2019 at 4:25 AM, Reaper said:

Looks great! I like it!

Many thanks Reaper.

On 2/11/2019 at 9:16 AM, ControlAltBrick said:

The MOC is amazing... but i also love that green light :DDD

Much appreciated, I got a little kids torch with coloured filters to add some spooky glows to the picture because I don’t know how to do that in photoshop yet :wink: 

BTW like your dynamic robot figs you did recently :thumbup:

On 2/11/2019 at 4:58 AM, x105Black said:

This is a fantastic build.  Thanks for sharing!  There is so much to dissect here from the overall shapes and pose to great parts usage.  It's already all been said.  I particularly like the lighting you've given this piece.

Great stuff!

Thank you, I worked pretty hard to get this one right, I am glad you liked the results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 2:01 PM, deraven said:

Wow!  Finally those spiders feel like the right scale,   

The spiders are bigger than the old ones... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, PaddyBricksplitter said:

Thanks, I think the new spiders are way more creepy that he old ones, no pun intended :grin:

You're right, my favorite are the modern phosphorescent spiders :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

The spiders are bigger than the old ones... 

That's what I'm saying- they're ridiculously large next to a minifig (I know they're supposed to represent giant spiders, but that still limits the overall utility elsewhere), but here with your build they seem like an appropriate - though still large and scary - size.  :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, deraven said:

That's what I'm saying- they're ridiculously large next to a minifig (I know they're supposed to represent giant spiders, but that still limits the overall utility elsewhere), but here with your build they seem like an appropriate - though still large and scary - size

Oh I thought that you were saying they were too small next to a minifigure...

I like the old spider too. I hope they don't stop making it. i just hate when Lego get's rid of a perfectly good piece with one that's not particularly better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 10:36 PM, PaddyBricksplitter said:

Much appreciated, I got a little kids torch with coloured filters to add some spooky glows to the picture because I don’t know how to do that in photoshop yet :wink: 

BTW like your dynamic robot figs you did recently

Nice trick :D and thank you! (i'm learning a bit of light/colors theory and i start to see/appreciate the details others put in their work)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there were no studs on the base i would not recognise this is build with bricks. it looks so much like a regular action figure. I really admire your talent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

If there were no studs on the base i would not recognise this is build with bricks. it looks so much like a regular action figure. I really admire your talent!

Yes I tend to build characters in the proportions of action figures and try to keep them without studs showing. Thanks for the compliment.

15 hours ago, Bony_em said:

Its nice

Thanks :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, ha, I love it! I don't know what I was expecting when I followed the link, but it is so cool, absolutely dripping with style. The small details (I also get a Fright Knights vibe from it) fill it out nicely, and the lighting effect really finishes the whole look. :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.