Hi all.

I usually build sci-fi but there is always a good time to try something different. Here is an moc I built that was inspired by D&D and some pieces from the Knights Kingdom figures.

46302584714_f4681c12fc_z.jpg

Hope ya like it :)

Edited by PaddyBricksplitter

Wow!  Finally those spiders feel like the right scale, but even more creepy with this figure standing over them.  Really great overall, but I especially like the shaping on the gloves & gauntlets, the shoulders/cape connection, and the helmet with those glowing eyes.  

Love the design.  The torso and legs are great.  I like the cone pieces on the arms.  Nice flail too.  The head is neat with the wing pieces.  The base is good with the round design.  I like your bats also.  

On 2/8/2019 at 6:44 PM, Servertijd said:

Just awesome!

On 2/8/2019 at 8:01 PM, deraven said:

Wow!  Finally those spiders feel like the right scale, but even more creepy with this figure standing over them.  Really great overall, but I especially like the shaping on the gloves & gauntlets, the shoulders/cape connection, and the helmet with those glowing eyes.  

Many thanks deraven. Those new spiders are really nice pieces. I got the Harry Potter set Aragog’s Lair especially for them. It’s a get little set.

21 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Love the design.  The torso and legs are great.  I like the cone pieces on the arms.  Nice flail too.  The head is neat with the wing pieces.  The base is good with the round design.  I like your bats also.  

Thanks, glad you liked it.

Edited by PaddyBricksplitter

Wooh! That is amazing!

I really like the shape of the figure. You have done a great job by using the curved wedges. 

The helmet is just brilliant. *oh2*:wub:

2 hours ago, sander1992 said:

Wooh! That is amazing!

I really like the shape of the figure. You have done a great job by using the curved wedges. 

The helmet is just brilliant. *oh2*:wub:

Most appreciated :blush:

I spent quite a long time getting the shape right looking at sets of armour. I’m glad I bought those big curved slopes, it’s the first time in four years that I used them. I got them for one of my first mocs.

25 minutes ago, peedeejay said:

NPU overkill! Thats one mean looking fellow. Fantastic build!

Many thanks as always peedeejay those Harry Potter sets are great buys for new parts.

This is a fantastic build.  Thanks for sharing!  There is so much to dissect here from the overall shapes and pose to great parts usage.  It's already all been said.  I particularly like the lighting you've given this piece.

Great stuff!

On 2/10/2019 at 8:33 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

As usual a great masterpiece from you!

I like the spiders!

Thanks, I think the new spiders are way more creepy that he old ones, no pun intended :grin:

On 2/10/2019 at 11:29 PM, Eggyslav said:

I get some serious Basil the Bat Lord vibes from this bad boy, and I love it! :D

Yes he does look like Basil :laugh_hard:

On 2/11/2019 at 4:25 AM, Reaper said:

Looks great! I like it!

Many thanks Reaper.

On 2/11/2019 at 9:16 AM, ControlAltBrick said:

The MOC is amazing... but i also love that green light :DDD

Much appreciated, I got a little kids torch with coloured filters to add some spooky glows to the picture because I don’t know how to do that in photoshop yet :wink: 

BTW like your dynamic robot figs you did recently :thumbup:

On 2/11/2019 at 4:58 AM, x105Black said:

This is a fantastic build.  Thanks for sharing!  There is so much to dissect here from the overall shapes and pose to great parts usage.  It's already all been said.  I particularly like the lighting you've given this piece.

Great stuff!

Thank you, I worked pretty hard to get this one right, I am glad you liked the results. 

22 hours ago, PaddyBricksplitter said:

Thanks, I think the new spiders are way more creepy that he old ones, no pun intended :grin:

You're right, my favorite are the modern phosphorescent spiders :thumbup:

19 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

The spiders are bigger than the old ones... 

That's what I'm saying- they're ridiculously large next to a minifig (I know they're supposed to represent giant spiders, but that still limits the overall utility elsewhere), but here with your build they seem like an appropriate - though still large and scary - size.  :classic:

3 hours ago, deraven said:

That's what I'm saying- they're ridiculously large next to a minifig (I know they're supposed to represent giant spiders, but that still limits the overall utility elsewhere), but here with your build they seem like an appropriate - though still large and scary - size

Oh I thought that you were saying they were too small next to a minifigure...

I like the old spider too. I hope they don't stop making it. i just hate when Lego get's rid of a perfectly good piece with one that's not particularly better

On 2/12/2019 at 10:36 PM, PaddyBricksplitter said:

Much appreciated, I got a little kids torch with coloured filters to add some spooky glows to the picture because I don’t know how to do that in photoshop yet :wink: 

BTW like your dynamic robot figs you did recently

Nice trick :D and thank you! (i'm learning a bit of light/colors theory and i start to see/appreciate the details others put in their work)

If there were no studs on the base i would not recognise this is build with bricks. it looks so much like a regular action figure. I really admire your talent!

16 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

If there were no studs on the base i would not recognise this is build with bricks. it looks so much like a regular action figure. I really admire your talent!

Yes I tend to build characters in the proportions of action figures and try to keep them without studs showing. Thanks for the compliment.

15 hours ago, Bony_em said:

Its nice

Ha, ha, I love it! I don't know what I was expecting when I followed the link, but it is so cool, absolutely dripping with style. The small details (I also get a Fright Knights vibe from it) fill it out nicely, and the lighting effect really finishes the whole look. :thumbup: