StarBricks

SB00301 B-PROJECT (MOC Resistance Bomber UCS)

1 hour ago, Schneeds said:

Too bad the movie wasn't a fraction as amazing as this beauty. 

It feels like you can see the rivets.  Wonderfully made. 

Thank you Schneeds, I personally really like the design of this ship in the film.

@StarBricks

Is it worth getting 75188 for this beauty ? I guess it is worth it at least for minifigs and bombs, is there a reasonable amount of pieces that can be reused too ?

Now that is a terrific build! You've also achieved perfect scaling (3 studs/meter) with the UCS Falcon as well. The StarFortress is 30 x 15 x 22m (L W H) and yours seems to be 94 x 45 x 80s (probably 70s minus the support stand). 

Hi there, sorry this isn’t exactly related but I have been trying to purchase your TS Project instruction’s and still have not received any email back regarding where to pay and how much. I’ve replied to your first message and now sent a new email directly from your website. Please let me if I am doing something wrong. Thanks!

21 hours ago, AfolFree said:

@StarBricks

Is it worth getting 75188 for this beauty ? I guess it is worth it at least for minifigs and bombs, is there a reasonable amount of pieces that can be reused too ?

This is my question as well. Have you worked in 75188 in the same way you did for the TS?

Just now, TwoSolitudes said:

This is my question as well. Have you worked in 75188 in the same way you did for the TS?

Never mind! You already answered that! Cheers

45 minutes ago, TwoSolitudes said:

Never mind! You already answered that! Cheers

Indeed, I did not pick that up :blush: Let's find 75188 then !

Hi guys, thanks a lot to everyone for the compliments. In fact I am very satisfied with the result of this ship and live I assure you that it is even better. The first official exhibition will be on 2 and 3 March at the MEI event in Verona (Italy).
For those interested in the construction I confirm that my advice is to buy a set 75188 because it will recover many pieces and the three minifigures.

1 hour ago, StarBricks said:

Hi guys, thanks a lot to everyone for the compliments. In fact I am very satisfied with the result of this ship and live I assure you that it is even better. The first official exhibition will be on 2 and 3 March at the MEI event in Verona (Italy).
For those interested in the construction I confirm that my advice is to buy a set 75188 because it will recover many pieces and the three minifigures.

Sounds awesome!

How stable is the build (both alone and when mounted on the stand)? :)

On 2/11/2019 at 1:58 PM, danielwerner said:

Sounds awesome!

How stable is the build (both alone and when mounted on the stand)? :)

The MOC has a sturdy structure and some parts are easily detachable to allow transport. Once removed from the pedestal, it can be stored horizontally in a transport box. Obviously, seeing its heaviness is not a playable MOC but I am satisfied with its general strength.

Looks stunning. I didn't like this ship at all (being disappointed with TLJ in general) but seeing this incarnation in LEGO makes me change my mind. Who knows, perhaps I would build this one sometime. Absolutely impressing. Congrats!

Edited by barneius

I hated these ships in TLJ, they served no purpose other than cannon fodder......BUT you sir have made a beautiful model, the way you have built it reminds me of the old World War II bombers of old, which i know Johnson was aiming for in the film. You have done his job for him, great work :)

I disagree, I absolutely loved the concept. It's called MG-100 Starfortress, a reference to the B-17 Flying fortress and B-29 Superfortress of WW2 (and the B-52 Stratofortress of the cold war). However, I think they exaggerated it's slowness a bit. I mean, they're heavy bombers but in the movie it felt like they were moving at a SNAIL PACE. Still, I think the scene with the bombers and the Dreadnought was the highpoint of the movie. ^^

On 2/14/2019 at 2:04 PM, barneius said:

Looks stunning. I didn't like this ship at all (being disappointed with TLJ in general) but seeing this incarnation in LEGO makes me change my mind. Who knows, perhaps I would build this one sometime. Absolutely impressing. Congrats!

20 hours ago, All in the Reflexes said:

I hated these ships in TLJ, they served no purpose other than cannon fodder......BUT you sir have made a beautiful model, the way you have built it reminds me of the old World War II bombers of old, which i know Johnson was aiming for in the film. You have done his job for him, great work :)

16 hours ago, danielwerner said:

I disagree, I absolutely loved the concept. It's called MG-100 Starfortress, a reference to the B-17 Flying fortress and B-29 Superfortress of WW2 (and the B-52 Stratofortress of the cold war). However, I think they exaggerated it's slowness a bit. I mean, they're heavy bombers but in the movie it felt like they were moving at a SNAIL PACE. Still, I think the scene with the bombers and the Dreadnought was the highpoint of the movie. ^^ 

In my opinion the design of this ship is fantastic. Too bad that in the film you see little .. It deserved much more space

I requested some information about your other mocs. After having built the U-Wing I wanted to make an estimation of costs of the parts and the rareness of some of them. The U-Wing turned out much much higher than your estimations (and I am an experience BL user). So I requested info about the TS and you simply refuse to send a parts list so I can decide to go for it. Even though your designs are amazing, that is a definite no go for me with this bomber. A list of parts doesn’t reveal anything about the build process. 

Edited by merman

On 2/22/2019 at 2:42 AM, merman said:

I requested some information about your other mocs. After having built the U-Wing I wanted to make an estimation of costs of the parts and the rareness of some of them. The U-Wing turned out much much higher than your estimations (and I am an experience BL user). So I requested info about the TS and you simply refuse to send a parts list so I can decide to go for it. Even though your designs are amazing, that is a definite no go for me with this bomber. A list of parts doesn’t reveal anything about the build process. 

I am new to signing up to Eurobricks, but have been a lurker for a long time. I built Mirko's U-Wing and it did cost a bit, like many here the pain of Last Jedi impacted my like of the ships, but Mirko's Bomber is amazing!

If it helps, I am nearly done sourcing the bricks for the silencer and I will spend under $300. If I had more patience, could have shaved off some additional cost as well. I would not rate the cost of these MOC's based of off the U-wing, he has done an even better job limiting expensive parts in my opinion. I'll probably take the plunge on the bomber as well when the time comes.

9 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I am new to signing up to Eurobricks, but have been a lurker for a long time. I built Mirko's U-Wing and it did cost a bit, like many here the pain of Last Jedi impacted my like of the ships, but Mirko's Bomber is amazing!

If it helps, I am nearly done sourcing the bricks for the silencer and I will spend under $300. If I had more patience, could have shaved off some additional cost as well. I would not rate the cost of these MOC's based of off the U-wing, he has done an even better job limiting expensive parts in my opinion. I'll probably take the plunge on the bomber as well when the time comes.

Thx for the reply but it would still help A LOT to have the partslist BEFORE deciding to take the plunge. 

5 hours ago, merman said:

Thx for the reply but it would still help A LOT to have the partslist BEFORE deciding to take the plunge. 

I can kind of agree with this (even though I would still buy the instructions without getting a parts lists beforehand). However, it would suck to buy the instructions only to find out that some rare parts are impossible to find. I just hope that it doesn't include any osbcure parts that hasn't been manufactured for years. :)

I haven't checked back in Eurobricks in quite a while and @StarBricks, you have outdone yourself again! I really liked the Resistance Bomber and it is awesome that you created one that deserves to be on permanent display!

Guess I have to contact you to order the instructions for the TIE Silencer ASAP! 

AWESOME! :thumbup:

On 2/22/2019 at 11:42 AM, merman said:

Hi Merman, sorry for the translation but my English is bad. I hope you understand what I mean. I try :-)

I am convinced that the distribution of the list of parts must be made only to the people really interested and motivated to build the MOC. Disclosing the parts list to everyone before purchasing the instructions would have the effect of raising the prices of the parts.
This means that if there are 100 people who would like to build my MOC, and only 10 people buy the manual, on bricklink there will be only 10 wanted lists of my project and not 100.
Many bricklink sellers calibrate the costs of the pieces based on the quantity of the pieces inserted in the wanted list present in BL. Understand that the less wanted list there are around, the greater the likelihood that prices will not rise.
I also spend a lot of time to optimize the selection of the parts and optimize the parts list and this is part of the project.
However, the cost of the parts is subjective. I know people who built my first U-Project with 300 euros and someone who built it with 500. It depends a lot of time that one dedicates in the search for the pieces and depends even if you are satisfied with used or only new parts. I personally purchase both new and used.

Oooo why is there so many great creations with instructions coming out lol.. I absolutely love your design of the bomber! And you even were able to put an interior?! You really sold me on this haha. Being a guy who likes minifig scale stuff, I think I will have to make this :D even if it'll take a few years before I can

That being said, will you still be selling the same instructions for all your creations for multiple years or do you have a specific time-frame that you will be making instructions for? (e.g 3 years of production for your U-Wing)

Great work as always!