StarBricks

SB00301 B-PROJECT (MOC Resistance Bomber UCS)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Schneeds said:

Too bad the movie wasn't a fraction as amazing as this beauty. 

It feels like you can see the rivets.  Wonderfully made. 

Thank you Schneeds, I personally really like the design of this ship in the film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@StarBricks

Is it worth getting 75188 for this beauty ? I guess it is worth it at least for minifigs and bombs, is there a reasonable amount of pieces that can be reused too ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that is a terrific build! You've also achieved perfect scaling (3 studs/meter) with the UCS Falcon as well. The StarFortress is 30 x 15 x 22m (L W H) and yours seems to be 94 x 45 x 80s (probably 70s minus the support stand). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another home run, Mirko! Can’t wait to add this one too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, sorry this isn’t exactly related but I have been trying to purchase your TS Project instruction’s and still have not received any email back regarding where to pay and how much. I’ve replied to your first message and now sent a new email directly from your website. Please let me if I am doing something wrong. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AfolFree said:

@StarBricks

Is it worth getting 75188 for this beauty ? I guess it is worth it at least for minifigs and bombs, is there a reasonable amount of pieces that can be reused too ?

This is my question as well. Have you worked in 75188 in the same way you did for the TS?

Just now, TwoSolitudes said:

This is my question as well. Have you worked in 75188 in the same way you did for the TS?

Never mind! You already answered that! Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, TwoSolitudes said:

This is my question as well. Have you worked in 75188 in the same way you did for the TS?

Never mind! You already answered that! Cheers

Indeed, I did not pick that up :blush: Let's find 75188 then !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, thanks a lot to everyone for the compliments. In fact I am very satisfied with the result of this ship and live I assure you that it is even better. The first official exhibition will be on 2 and 3 March at the MEI event in Verona (Italy).
For those interested in the construction I confirm that my advice is to buy a set 75188 because it will recover many pieces and the three minifigures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StarBricks said:

Hi guys, thanks a lot to everyone for the compliments. In fact I am very satisfied with the result of this ship and live I assure you that it is even better. The first official exhibition will be on 2 and 3 March at the MEI event in Verona (Italy).
For those interested in the construction I confirm that my advice is to buy a set 75188 because it will recover many pieces and the three minifigures.

Sounds awesome!

How stable is the build (both alone and when mounted on the stand)? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 1:58 PM, danielwerner said:

Sounds awesome!

How stable is the build (both alone and when mounted on the stand)? :)

The MOC has a sturdy structure and some parts are easily detachable to allow transport. Once removed from the pedestal, it can be stored horizontally in a transport box. Obviously, seeing its heaviness is not a playable MOC but I am satisfied with its general strength.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks stunning. I didn't like this ship at all (being disappointed with TLJ in general) but seeing this incarnation in LEGO makes me change my mind. Who knows, perhaps I would build this one sometime. Absolutely impressing. Congrats!

Edited by barneius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hated these ships in TLJ, they served no purpose other than cannon fodder......BUT you sir have made a beautiful model, the way you have built it reminds me of the old World War II bombers of old, which i know Johnson was aiming for in the film. You have done his job for him, great work :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree, I absolutely loved the concept. It's called MG-100 Starfortress, a reference to the B-17 Flying fortress and B-29 Superfortress of WW2 (and the B-52 Stratofortress of the cold war). However, I think they exaggerated it's slowness a bit. I mean, they're heavy bombers but in the movie it felt like they were moving at a SNAIL PACE. Still, I think the scene with the bombers and the Dreadnought was the highpoint of the movie. ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2019 at 2:04 PM, barneius said:

Looks stunning. I didn't like this ship at all (being disappointed with TLJ in general) but seeing this incarnation in LEGO makes me change my mind. Who knows, perhaps I would build this one sometime. Absolutely impressing. Congrats!

 

20 hours ago, All in the Reflexes said:

I hated these ships in TLJ, they served no purpose other than cannon fodder......BUT you sir have made a beautiful model, the way you have built it reminds me of the old World War II bombers of old, which i know Johnson was aiming for in the film. You have done his job for him, great work :)

 

16 hours ago, danielwerner said:

I disagree, I absolutely loved the concept. It's called MG-100 Starfortress, a reference to the B-17 Flying fortress and B-29 Superfortress of WW2 (and the B-52 Stratofortress of the cold war). However, I think they exaggerated it's slowness a bit. I mean, they're heavy bombers but in the movie it felt like they were moving at a SNAIL PACE. Still, I think the scene with the bombers and the Dreadnought was the highpoint of the movie. ^^ 

In my opinion the design of this ship is fantastic. Too bad that in the film you see little .. It deserved much more space

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.