StarBricks

SB00301 B-PROJECT (MOC Resistance Bomber UCS)

Mirko,

I tried to upload your file in bricklink but it doesn't work.

The following items in the XML file are invalid or do not exist in the Bricklink Catalog.

Please fix the following errors:

• Item No: x89

This is the error that i get. :(

On 7/6/2022 at 3:47 PM, unclejeffie said:

Mirko,

I tried to upload your file in bricklink but it doesn't work.

The following items in the XML file are invalid or do not exist in the Bricklink Catalog.

Please fix the following errors:

• Item No: x89

This is the error that i get. :(

Hi Unclejeffie thanks for reporting and I have already corrected the error. Sometimes bricklink updates the code of some parts and loading the list gives an error. Without asking you to write me an email to send you the correct list, I suggest you download and install the "BrickStore" program. It is a small program that is used to manage the parts lists. Opening the list in the "BrickStore" program should automatically correct the code. Then save the list and reload it in bricklink. I hope I was helpful. If you have difficulty write me an email with the address from which you contacted me for instructions and I will send you the correct list.

On 7/7/2022 at 5:17 PM, StarBricks said:

Hi Unclejeffie thanks for reporting and I have already corrected the error. Sometimes bricklink updates the code of some parts and loading the list gives an error. Without asking you to write me an email to send you the correct list, I suggest you download and install the "BrickStore" program. It is a small program that is used to manage the parts lists. Opening the list in the "BrickStore" program should automatically correct the code. Then save the list and reload it in bricklink. I hope I was helpful. If you have difficulty write me an email with the address from which you contacted me for instructions and I will send you the correct list.

this worked, thanks mirko

On 7/7/2022 at 4:17 PM, StarBricks said:

This is a brilliant little app, thanks, makes life easier now.

On 7/7/2022 at 4:17 PM, StarBricks said:

Hi Mirko. I've been having the same problem loading the parts list to Bricklink. I tried the BrickStore thing and it's beyond me I'm afraid. Could you please send me an updated list for the B Project. I have e-mailed you.

Thank you.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:56 PM, hackenbacker said:

Hi Mirko. I've been having the same problem loading the parts list to Bricklink. I tried the BrickStore thing and it's beyond me I'm afraid. Could you please send me an updated list for the B Project. I have e-mailed you.

Thank you.

@StarBricks - Hi Mirko. I know you are busy, but an updated parts list for the B-Project would be appreciated. I have e-mailed you.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:56 PM, hackenbacker said:

Thank you.

Alternatively, if any of the B-Project manual owners are willing to share their working parts list with me I would be grateful. I'm quite happy to prove that I am an original @StarBricks manual owner if required.

I just want to get started on buying the pieces.

Hi Mirko, I would like to buy instructions from you (K- and/or B-Project). I tried to contact you several times in the last month via your website, instagram and facebook, but didn't get any answer unfortunately.
Hope this message finds you well and you can get back to me.
Many thanks,
Patrick

5 hours ago, Patbrick82 said:

Hi Mirko, I would like to buy instructions from you (K- and/or B-Project). I tried to contact you several times in the last month via your website, instagram and facebook, but didn't get any answer unfortunately.
Hope this message finds you well and you can get back to me.
Many thanks,
Patrick 

Hi Patrick, sorry for the late reply. In this period we are closing a big project in the office and I am very busy with my work. As soon as I finish it, I will reply to the email. Thanks for your patience.

16 hours ago, StarBricks said:

Hi Patrick, sorry for the late reply. In this period we are closing a big project in the office and I am very busy with my work. As soon as I finish it, I will reply to the email. Thanks for your patience.

Hi Mirko, thank you very much for the reply! Good luck in the office and lets catch up when you're ready.
Kind regards,
Patrick

Hi Mirko,

I am in the same boat as Patbrick82. I requested the B-project multiple times via your website, but now I see that you have been busy. No problems. I will wait for your reply when you are ready. 

18 hours ago, omnomnymous said:

Hi Mirko,

I am in the same boat as Patbrick82. I requested the B-project multiple times via your website, but now I see that you have been busy. No problems. I will wait for your reply when you are ready.  

Hi, yes in the office we have to deliver a big project by the end of the year. During the Christmas holidays I will finally be able to devote myself to the answers. Sorry for the delay

3 hours ago, StarBricks said:

Hi, yes in the office we have to deliver a big project by the end of the year. During the Christmas holidays I will finally be able to devote myself to the answers. Sorry for the delay

No worries. Thank you so much for the reply. 

On 12/2/2022 at 5:25 PM, StarBricks said:

Hi Mirko, happy new year and all the best for 2023! Hope you were able to finish your big project in the office.
Is there any chance we are able to purchase your instructions soon? :-)
Kind regards, many thanks and have a great evening!
Patrick

55 minutes ago, Patbrick82 said:

Hi Mirko, happy new year and all the best for 2023! Hope you were able to finish your big project in the office.
Is there any chance we are able to purchase your instructions soon? :-)
Kind regards, many thanks and have a great evening!
Patrick

Can you guys just freakin chill or read what he writes… gosh like little kids…

Edited by muhkuh

On 1/8/2023 at 4:26 PM, muhkuh said:

Can you guys just freakin chill or read what he writes… gosh like little kids…

To be fair, they did wait until after the holidays when Mirko said he might get to it. It has been at least since November that they originally inquired. Is it unreasonable to ask for an update now that it's January?

Now the real reason I popped in is that I just reassembled my B-project after a move. I wanted to commend Mirko on how robust this model is! I fit it into a large tote and plastic wrapped the main modules, then put the smaller assemblies into little plastic totes. Took me an hour or two to rebuild it. Definitely the jewel of the collection!

bproject.jpg.b3ce8a68e7b25425020de165610b3fd4.jpg

On 1/18/2023 at 5:14 PM, baublitz said:

To be fair, they did wait until after the holidays when Mirko said he might get to it. It has been at least since November that they originally inquired. Is it unreasonable to ask for an update now that it's January?

Now the real reason I popped in is that I just reassembled my B-project after a move. I wanted to commend Mirko on how robust this model is! I fit it into a large tote and plastic wrapped the main modules, then put the smaller assemblies into little plastic totes. Took me an hour or two to rebuild it. Definitely the jewel of the collection!

This is the first time I've seen it next to another ship. The UCS Slave 1 is on the larger side so the Bomber is huge. I assume this is larger than minifig scale?

I've built this bomber as well. It is in fact minifig scale according to Mirko. 

The wiki says it's 29.67 Meters (which I'm assuming is length and not height). 
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/MG-100_StarFortress_SF-17

Based on that, if you use the stud converter scale here: http://studs.sariel.pl/ and enter the measurements of 29.67 Meters as your start, and then adjust the scale to be what Mirko's length of the ship is built (74.8cm), you'll see the scale is around 1:40th which is in close enough range to be considered minifig scale. The UCS Falcon for example is 1:44 - 1:46 I believe. 

2 hours ago, Csaba said:

This is the first time I've seen it next to another ship. The UCS Slave 1 is on the larger side so the Bomber is huge. I assume this is larger than minifig scale?

Right, as @coreyschaaf said, it is minifig scale. Just goes to show you how big of a ship it is! And I believe all the models on the top shelf there are minifig scale. I've had other UCS that are not too minifig scale and they just aren't for me. I also understand it's not plausible for certain ships, such as the star destroyer. Are you going to build the B project?

On 1/20/2023 at 2:34 PM, Csaba said:

Csaba, thank you, it's always nice to receive positive feedback. In my MOCs I always try to ensure that they can be moved and transported safely. This is because I often have to exhibit them in events to the public and the assembly and disassembly phases must be easy.

On 1/18/2023 at 5:14 PM, baublitz said:

Thank you for standing up a little - I just ignored the previous comment...I contacted Mirko already via his website the first time in the beginning of October 2022 (then on facebook and instagram and after that here) - but until now didn't get any answer unfortunately...that's all I can say. Would love to build it :-).

As i've never built this MOC, i have the 5 minifigs for sale in pristine condition if someone is interested:

sw0865 Poe Dameron

sw0862 Resistance Bombardier (Nix Jerd)

sw0861 Resistance Bomber Pilot

sw0864 Resistance Gunner Paige

sw0863 Vice Admiral Holdo

Greetings all.

I just ordered the lighting kit for this MOC which I am still in the process of sourcing bricks for. When I was checking out the Brickstuff site, it told me that there were only 3 of the kits left for B-Project. Thanks to me, now there's only 2. 

Just letting people know in case you've been putting the purchase of the lighting kit off. From what I understand, once they're gone, they're gone!

http://www.brickstuff.com/store/p222/SB00302.html

#firstpost 

Edited by Mark McBrick

5 minutes ago, Mark McBrick said:

Greetings all.

I just ordered the lighting kit for this MOC which I am still in the process of sourcing bricks for. When I was checking out the Brickstuff site, it told me that there were only 3 of the kits left for B-Project. Thanks to me, now there's only 2. 

Just letting people know in case you've been putting the purchase of the lighting kit off. From what I understand, once they're gone, they're gone!

http://www.brickstuff.com/store/p222/SB00302.html

#firstpost 

Thanks for letting us know. I ordered one as well. Just 1 set  remaining 

I think the war with the Empire may be over before my model joins the fight lol. I have just looked back, and next week is two years since I bought the instructions!  That said, every time I open them, I'm amazed at the quality of them, and the detail in the commentary. As good as any other coffee table book I've had!

I've finally got most of the parts. I used Bricklink for about thirty orders, but am surprised at how bad Bricklink has been. About a quarter of orders have had missing parts or mispicks.

Whilst I'm now building a snagging Wanted List, I'm wondering if anyone looked at whether the model could be built off vertical. Is it too heavy to alter to 30 degrees off vertical for example? I had thought I could have a look at the Studio app but fear that could be a rabbit hole I could disappear down for another year!