StarBricks

SB00301 B-PROJECT (MOC Resistance Bomber UCS)

1 minute ago, StarBricks said:

Hi MSY-MSP, sorry for the delay but I am trying to do things very calmly so as not to make mistakes in shipments.

Totally understand.  I was just making sure my lovely filters on my email system didn't eat it. 

19 minutes ago, StarBricks said:

Hi Lego_Tactics, I have checked and indeed you are right. It's not brickstuff's fault. It was my mistake in transcribing the final list of components. I wrote the length of 7.6 cm instead of 15.8 cm. I must have got confused when doing the inch to cm conversions. Thanks for your report. Already all new kits have been updated with the correct length cable and don't worry; for the few kits that have been sold, I will send the cable of the correct length at my expense. Again I apologize for the mistake.

Thank you so much Mirko! Should we contact brickstuff ourselves or will it be taken care of? I bought the lighting kit on release day. 

Also, I used the brick Hunter tool to build my PaB and BaP carts, looking at about $200 for 1500 pieces between the two. Do they count toward LEGO promotions like the double VIP points happening this weekend? LEGO also has lots of gifts with high dollar purchases this weekend. The tool worked really well. I took my time and manually checked each part and found no errors. It also takes into account the "have" quantity in your list. Prices were on the whole cheaper or at least average brick link price. So I bought all I could from Lego.

The rest will be from bricklink. This should be around $200 to $400, I'm not sure yet. I had maybe 15% of the parts plus the 75188 bomber. So looking at 500 to 800 all in with manual, lights, and required pieces.

Hoping my finch dallow figure sells in the coming weeks. That would offset most of this MOC!

Best to all,

36 minutes ago, baublitz said:

Thank you so much Mirko! Should we contact brickstuff ourselves or will it be taken care of? I bought the lighting kit on release day. 

Also, I used the brick Hunter tool to build my PaB and BaP carts, looking at about $200 for 1500 pieces between the two. Do they count toward LEGO promotions like the double VIP points happening this weekend? LEGO also has lots of gifts with high dollar purchases this weekend. The tool worked really well. I took my time and manually checked each part and found no errors. It also takes into account the "have" quantity in your list. Prices were on the whole cheaper or at least average brick link price. So I bought all I could from Lego.

The rest will be from bricklink. This should be around $200 to $400, I'm not sure yet. I had maybe 15% of the parts plus the 75188 bomber. So looking at 500 to 800 all in with manual, lights, and required pieces.

Hoping my finch dallow figure sells in the coming weeks. That would offset most of this MOC!

Best to all, 

Hi Baublitz, no you don't have to do anything. I'm organizing the thing but it will probably be brickstuff directly or directly me to contact those who have already purchased the first kits to explain what happened and send the new longer cable; luckily there are few of you.

Regarding the parts list I believe that with the hard work of selecting the parts and the alternatives that I have provided in the "TIPS & TRICKS" section we can recover all the parts at a reasonable cost.
I tried to do my best.
Thanks for your feedback

Hi Mirko,

Quick question, are you randomly handing out tiles with each order or going sequentially? I received tile 155 and I contacted you within the first 6 hours of the B-Project release so if you are going sequentially I know you must be busy!

Quick question, are you randomly handing out tiles with each order or going sequentially? I received tile 155 and I contacted you within the first 6 hours of the B-Project release so if you are going sequentially I know you must be busy!

Just out of pure interest, I would like to know this as well! 

Edited by Vynce

5 hours ago, StarBricks said:

Hi Baublitz, no you don't have to do anything. I'm organizing the thing but it will probably be brickstuff directly or directly me to contact those who have already purchased the first kits to explain what happened and send the new longer cable; luckily there are few of you.

Regarding the parts list I believe that with the hard work of selecting the parts and the alternatives that I have provided in the "TIPS & TRICKS" section we can recover all the parts at a reasonable cost.
I tried to do my best.
Thanks for your feedback

That is interesting, I bought my kit in the first hour and I was received this week. I have 2 bags of wires. One with many and one with few Which o think are white. Am I checking the one with few to ensure it’s longer length?

20 minutes ago, LDigital said:

That is interesting, I bought my kit in the first hour and I was received this week. I have 2 bags of wires. One with many and one with few Which o think are white. Am I checking the one with few to ensure it’s longer length?

Hey Digital, a few posts back Lego-tactics reported a small issue with the cables.  Like you, I also purchased the kit in the first few hours of the release and received a shorter cable. It sounds like Mirko is already on top of the issue and is getting a list of people who ordered from BrickStuff. Either Brickstuff or Mirko will send out the wire directly from those that purchased (so that's awesome). You should be able to build a good portion of the model before getting to the part that requires the longer wire as you need to install the lighting kit as you build. Should still be well worth any potential wait. :) 

I also got a wave 1 kit from BRICKSTUFF and can confirm one of my LEDs is also too short. I’ve noticed BRICKSTUFF are starting to send out wave 2 shipments so be interesting to see if they have replaced the 7cm led with a 15cm. For what it’s worth, these are standard PICO connectors… you could choose to just replace it with a compatible alternative? 

I just checked my packet. in the bag with just 2 lights which I believe are the white ones.  I have one wire that is around 29cm and the other is quite short at 7cm.  I am guessing this is the one that needs replacement?

its ok as I was not planning on building this until the new year anyway so I am not too fussed about having to wait for a replacement right now

Edited by LDigital

16 hours ago, Vynce said:

Just out of pure interest, I would like to know this as well! 

Have 077 - shortly after the good news here I bought it. Mirko is doing a list so I expect it to be in order

On 11/20/2021 at 4:34 AM, coreyschaaf said:

Hey Digital, a few posts back Lego-tactics reported a small issue with the cables.  Like you, I also purchased the kit in the first few hours of the release and received a shorter cable. It sounds like Mirko is already on top of the issue and is getting a list of people who ordered from BrickStuff. Either Brickstuff or Mirko will send out the wire directly from those that purchased (so that's awesome). You should be able to build a good portion of the model before getting to the part that requires the longer wire as you need to install the lighting kit as you build. Should still be well worth any potential wait. :) 

We confirm what Corey said. It was my mistake because for a conversion problem between cm and inches I had a 7.6 cm cable inserted in place of the correct 15.2 cm cable. For the first kits that have been sold we will proceed to a free replacement of the cable and therefore nobody has to worry. It will only take some time to arrange this and you will be contacted asap. As for the new kits that are currently on sale on the brickstuff website, you can easily buy them because they already have the cable of the correct length.

For those who already have the kit and want to start the construction it is not a problem because the illuminated ceiling light of the bomb compartment can also be mounted at the end of the construction and therefore you can wait for the correct cable and mount it later.

16 hours ago, Kryptonic said:

If you're in the UK / EU its not the end of the world... 

https://www.elegantbricks.com/products/bit-lights-white-15cm

These are compatible and a direct replacement

There is no need to replace the cable. Just have a little patience and wait for the correct cable.

On 11/20/2021 at 12:37 AM, SWCollector2017 said:

Hi Mirko,

The numbers are mixed and random

in progress.

so far no problems. great and clear instruction. stable build.

2 little kids around so it goes slowly, but steady! ;-)

I enjoy every step :-)

Cheers Stefan

Unbenannt.thumb.jpg.689600307aac71d9cae04171b1f45808.jpg

Okay friends, I have bought all the pieces and hopefully there are no issues with missing parts in the orders or mistakes on my part.

Thankfully some of the rare parts were available on LEGO's "Bricks and Pieces" and "Pick a Brick" services, the 50x "bombs" for example. I had about 18% of the pieces on hand (probably more but decided my time and body were not up to the task vs a few more dollars spent in stores! My collection is not sorted like a Bricklink's store would be.). I spent about $200 through these two LEGO services for about 25% of the parts. BrickHunter extension was a huge timesaver as it built the carts for me (but do not skip manual verification!). I also had the 75188 bomber which is about 12% of the pieces.

~45% of the parts needed to be bought on Bricklink. My advice is to make full use of the RED substitutions. Anything in red except for the few exterior pieces should be substituted out with pieces from you collection. As I was finalizing my Bricklink orders I found that the high qty of certain red pieces was causing higher prices and more carts or international options that would have cost me a lot more. I ended up spending about $250 on Bricklink with 3 USA sellers and 1 international (Hungary).

So, $450 on parts (all new), Mirko's manual, and the lighting kit put the project at around $650 give or take. I would expect someone starting with nothing on hand to spend $800-$1000 on the project. Quite a fair price and about 10 hours of work to get here, not bad seeing as a LEGO set of this size would cost the same or more. Looking forward to joining the squadron! But for now I wait on LEGO bricks and pieces services and their notoriously slow shipping. :)

I have to say this build was absolutely stunning. Well worth the wait. @StarBricks thanks for an incredible build experience and look forward to diving into your other builds after doing this one. 

Eurobricks is a major pain uploading photos so if you want to check out some build progress and completed photos head over to my IG: @lego_tactics for some great content.

happy building everyone

As someone who was utterly disgusted with the design of the bomber in that movie - this model is an utter fantastic recreation. Almost enough to forgive the foolish concept of this bomber lol.

8 hours ago, Kage Goomba said:

As someone who was utterly disgusted with the design of the bomber in that movie - this model is an utter fantastic recreation. Almost enough to forgive the foolish concept of this bomber lol. 

Thank you so much for the compliments but about the original design of this ship I don't agree so much.
I believe the Designer has done an exceptional job creating an iconic and ingenious ship. It's a mix that reminds me a lot of the B-29 bombers and u-boats of World War II. I loved this ship from the moment I saw it on the big screen.

9 hours ago, Kage Goomba said:

I think the bomber was designed very well, unique and distinctive but still fitting with SW, it was just utilised in a way which portrayed it as rather slow and cumbersome, the design shouldn't be brought down by the film.

5 hours ago, Stuartn said:

I think the bomber was designed very well, unique and distinctive but still fitting with SW, it was just utilised in a way which portrayed it as rather slow and cumbersome, the design shouldn't be brought down by the film.

Yes i agree

Hi Mirko and/or other builders,

I have a question while going through my spare parts.

I have piece 30361a (2x2x2 round brick/robot body) but the parts list mentions 30361c. Does it realy have to be the ‘c’ type?

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, base_1 said:

I have piece 30361a (2x2x2 round brick/robot body) but the parts list mentions 30361c. Does it realy have to be the ‘c’ type?

Thanks in advance!

I also just still gathering the parts. E.g. 4 of your bricks are used on p.211 and 221. An axle is used that's why type "c" is necessary. But you could use  Technix axle with pin, part no 11214 or 43093. Not sure if it has same stability and really would work. 

3 hours ago, base_1 said:

Thanks in advance! 

Hi base_1, It has to be type C because you can connect it with the axles. Type A does not have the axle connection inside.

33 minutes ago, Mr Ogel said:

I also just still gathering the parts. E.g. 4 of your bricks are used on p.211 and 221. An axle is used that's why type "c" is necessary. But you could use  Technix axle with pin, part no 11214 or 43093. Not sure if it has same stability and really would work. 

Then I do think I have the right parts: mine also have an axle hole -> I did not look deep enough inside the hole.

Thanks for helping out @Mr Ogel en @StarBricks!

Edited by base_1

34 minutes ago, Mr Ogel said:

Generally it is better to use type C because I have tested it. Type A certainly not because it does not have the axle connection inside. There is also type B but I have not tested it. I highly recommend the type C