StarBricks

SB00301 B-PROJECT (MOC Resistance Bomber UCS)

6 minutes ago, kajrehn said:

Email sent :D hurray, Christmas is early

To or from mirko? I expect he has a few to get through. It’s like waiting for Santa again

Just sent Mirko the e-mail!

Shipping costs for the Light brick to Europe are high… Not sure if I’m gonna order it…

17 minutes ago, base_1 said:

Shipping costs for the Light brick to Europe are high… Not sure if I’m gonna order it…

Maybe there is another lighting kit you are interested in to hit the free shipping threshold? $199 it looks like for Europe. :oh:

Or maybe there are some Europeans here that want to combine orders? We need 4 for free shipping!

3 hours ago, baublitz said:

Maybe there is another lighting kit you are interested in to hit the free shipping threshold? $199 it looks like for Europe. :oh:

I warn you that maybe later Brickstuff will have an official dealer also for Europe. Not sure yet but maybe you should wait a little bit.

3 hours ago, base_1 said:

I warn you that maybe later Brickstuff will have an official dealer also for Europe. Not sure yet but maybe you should wait a little bit.

Quick question. Does the lighting kit need to be installed as you are building, or can it be installed after the build. I would imagine some people may wait to purchase the kit, but in doing so may have issues adding the lighting kit after the model is already built. 

I went ahead purchased the kit as I didn't want to take a chance that I wouldn't be a ke to easily add it after the build. 

Figured I would ask so others that were thinking about adding the kit later as it might not be easy to do. 

11 minutes ago, coreyschaaf said:

Quick question. Does the lighting kit need to be installed as you are building, or can it be installed after the build. I would imagine some people may wait to purchase the kit, but in doing so may have issues adding the lighting kit after the model is already built. 

I went ahead purchased the kit as I didn't want to take a chance that I wouldn't be a ke to easily add it after the build. 

Figured I would ask so others that were thinking about adding the kit later as it might not be easy to do. 

I have the lighting kit for the Falcon from Brickstuff and the instructions are to build the kit fully first before installing the lighting kit. I think it would be the same for the Bomber. 

7 hours ago, blkhawkce said:

I have the lighting kit for the Falcon from Brickstuff and the instructions are to build the kit fully first before installing the lighting kit. I think it would be the same for the Bomber.  

The SB00302 lighting kit created in collaboration with Brickstuff must be installed during the assembly of the MOC and therefore must be purchased before starting construction. The assembly instructions for the lighting kit are included in the B-Project manual.

I also sent an email.

How long approximately until a reply? I don't trust web forms. :D

Edited by danielwerner

On 11/3/2021 at 8:09 PM, base_1 said:

Or maybe there are some Europeans here that want to combine orders? We need 4 for free shipping!

Here when i get the mail from mirko

Book ordered - DONE

Lights ordered - DONE

Parts ordered - DONE

Now it's time to wait like a kid on Christmas for the BrickLink orders to arrive.

Thank you again to Mirko.  All of your projects have been incredible and my son and I are now excited to build this one too.

Please keep on creating!

ps-I've been waiting for this book for more than 2 years.  I probably sent Mirko the e-mail within minutes of him posting they were available. I believe he responds in the order he receives the e-mails.  It sometimes takes a day or two, but he has a system to get to everyone.

Edited by LEGODadWI

1 hour ago, LEGODadWI said:

Book ordered - DONE

Lights ordered - DONE

Parts ordered - DONE

Now it's time to wait like a kid on Christmas for the BrickLink orders to arrive.

Thank you again to Mirko.  All of your projects have been incredible and my son and I are now excited to build this one too.

Please keep on creating!

ps-I've been waiting for this book for more than 2 years.  I probably sent Mirko the e-mail within minutes of him posting they were available. I believe he responds in the order he receives the e-mails.  It sometimes takes a day or two, but he has a system to get to everyone.

Sounds good thanks for the update. Waiting on my email as well. I too am wary of webforms. :) 

Curious as to your rough cost for parts since you did get them all ordered in the US. All new?

1 hour ago, baublitz said:

Sounds good thanks for the update. Waiting on my email as well. I too am wary of webforms. :) 

Curious as to your rough cost for parts since you did get them all ordered in the US. All new? 

Yes, I apologize for the delay in replying and I tell those who have not yet received the reply to be patient. During this time I am also very busy with my office work.

8 hours ago, LEGODadWI said:

Book ordered - DONE

Lights ordered - DONE

Parts ordered - DONE

Please keep on creating!

I have the light kit on the way and am just waiting on Mirko’s follow up email With the total to pay. It’s been about 48 hours since I replied to the first email.

Out of interest, As I haven’t had the parts yet list to check, what did your parts cost in total and what condition did you go for? 

Edited by LDigital

17 minutes ago, LDigital said:

I have the light kit on the way and am just waiting on Mirko’s follow up email With the total to pay. It’s been about 48 hours since I replied to the first email.

Out of interest, As I haven’t had the parts yet list to check, what did your parts cost in total and what condition did you go for? 

Indeed, same question on the parts. If you or anyone has made a modified list sans the official / original bomber parts, that would be cool to know how you do so.

@StarBricks Mirko I wonder if that's a possibility for the release of parts lists? 1) 100% parts list or 2) parts list minus the 75188 set? I'm sure many of us were wise and listened to you when you told us having one of those would be prudent.

I just use rebrickable set comparison for that. Takes 2 minutes once you have uploaded the moc parts as a custom list

Edited by LDigital

2 hours ago, LDigital said:

I bought all new parts from sellers in the US, but I did not need the minifigures.  I could have subtracted the parts from 75188, but chose not to because I didn't really want to break any copies of that set.  Without the minifigures, the set needs 585 different parts and I placed a total of 9 different orders.  With shipping and sales tax, my cost was $1,100.  Pretty close to $.20 per part which I expect to pay for a MOC with new parts.    

10 hours ago, baublitz said:

I had 47% on hand and it cost me roughly $550 to finish the build, all new bricks except for one part that doesn’t come new.

Just ordered my parts for this. Already had 10% of the pieces, the remaining parts cost around 700. Price per piece came out to about .15 for a combination of new and used parts. 

Definitely recommend getting the official lego version like was stated above, there are some parts specific to it.

Edited by TheApatheticOne

8 hours ago, muhkuh said:

Hey there how long did it take mirko to answer the Mail on his website? 

Got my first message asking for my shipping info so he can send a quote. He is getting to each of us, just taking a little while. Must have been a popular project! Happy for the attention and success, good work Mirko! Hoping I can order parts this weekend before the big rush. I wonder if there are any other sets via rebrickable that form a good portion of this MOC, other than the bomber. 

Also mailed for the instructions, Looking very much forward for this.

For the light bricks i’ll wait a little bit like Mirko replied a bit back.

Checking spam every 2 hours is not good for my heart 😀😍

Mirko…So looking at the part list are all the red bricks and plates interchangeable minus the few finishing tile pieces that you see on the exterior….?