StarBricks

SB00301 B-PROJECT (MOC Resistance Bomber UCS)

On 4/9/2021 at 3:32 AM, StarBricks said:

Yes, I confirm the release of the instructions by this summer. It was a very demanding job but I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel

Great to hear! The final steps of getting instructions ready are always the most arduous!

Are we there yet?

j/k, looks great! Thank you for creating some great projects!

21 hours ago, Morgrim said:

Are we there yet?

j/k, looks great! Thank you for creating some great projects! 

Thank you! .. very little is missing to the release of the instructions of the B-Project. Have faith..

1 hour ago, StarBricks said:

Thank you! .. very little is missing to the release of the instructions of the B-Project. Have faith..

:classic::classic::classic:

On 5/10/2021 at 2:42 AM, StarBricks said:

Sometimes I awake and imagine that the bomber on my shelf is yours instead of LEGO's official set. One night StarBricks-Santa will come when we don't expect it. He will leave an instruction book and little Jimmy will find a few LEGO bricks that SB dropped along the way. Leave out your milk and cookies, my fellow acolytes.

On 6/3/2020 at 1:01 PM, coreyschaaf said:

If I had to guess - the issue that is holding up the Resistance Bomber is the lighting Kit. 

Let me explain my theory. I purchased the TS-Project and trying to get the lighting kit proved to be quite difficult.  The issue with BrickLink.com was the store they were being sold from was shut down do to the fact that LEGO purchased Bricklink. Shortly after, BrickLink (AKA LEGO) also banned stores that were selling 3rd party lighting kits.  So for people who purchased the TS Project instructions, they were not able to get the LyGod kit in the manner described in the instructions. That was probably very frustrating because of all the planning that went into the production and printing of the materials (in addition to the lighting kits); only to find out the store for purchasing the lighting kits was closed. 

Based on the pictures of the Resistance Bomber on starbricks.net and what I believe Mirko also said himself in other posts, is that if you were going to install the lighting kit on his Bomber, you would have to do so as you were putting the Bomber together. This means Mirko probably wants the lighting kits available for purchase in addition to the instructions. Customers would be disappointed if they bought the instructions, procured all the parts and the lighting kit wasn't available. That was my experience with the TS Project. I was disappointed I couldn't get the lighting kit right away. Luckily for the TS Project, you can install the lighting kit even after the build is completed. Also consider the fact that the lighting kit is specific for this build and the instructions / pieces to include the lighting kit are probably very specific and done so in a very particular order. 

That is my guess as to why it is taking so long for the bomber to be completed. We know Mirko is working on it because he's made post about "reverse engineering" some of his build to make it more cost effective. While I'm anxious, I'm also appreciate of the time being put into it, especially to make sure it's till cost effective. For example, I just completed procuring all the parts for @papaglop 's build of the Razorcrest. That build was so popular parts, several more rare parts skyrocketed.  So making sure the MOC is built in a cost effective way with as few of rare pieces as possible is really appreciated. 

I'm not gonna say I told you so ... :) But it's still going to be an amazing build. 

2 hours ago, coreyschaaf said:

I'm not gonna say I told you so ... :) But it's still going to be an amazing build. 

I have used Brickstuff on a couple of MOCs and they work great. Could be a good alternative to LYGOD. 

On 6/15/2021 at 5:31 PM, blkhawkce said:

I have used Brickstuff on a couple of MOCs and they work great. Could be a good alternative to LYGOD. 

Hey mate,

Could you provide some more info on Brickstuff?? Is there lighting for the TS Project?

Cheers,

Rob

4 hours ago, treffer21 said:

Hey @StarBricks ,

meanwhile I designed a new MOC! I call it "Go B-Project GO".

What do you think :grin:. Cheers Stefan 

starbricks1.jpg.c60225d15a266cd32887e19ddde7bbdd.jpg

hahaha !! Great MOC! The B-Project is a little further on !!

12 hours ago, StarBricks said:

hahaha !! Great MOC! The B-Project is a little further on !!

So its already touching the finish line? Great news!! Can t wait for this masterpiece! Gooooo B Gooooo!

Cheers

Stefan

On 7/18/2021 at 7:20 AM, treffer21 said:

Hey @StarBricks ,

meanwhile I designed a new MOC! I call it "Go B-Project GO".

What do you think :grin:. Cheers Stefan

starbricks1.jpg.c60225d15a266cd32887e19ddde7bbdd.jpg

What is the blue cube at the starting line? A secret project not yet disclosed?

2 hours ago, Sine qua non said:

What is the blue cube at the starting line? A secret project not yet disclosed?

MOC SB00601

7 hours ago, blkhawkce said:

i was wondering the same thing. Is there any new update? 

Final revision in progress .. Now very little is missing

On 8/30/2021 at 4:48 PM, baublitz said:

My goal is to be the first American to buy a manual from you. :) Excited for Christmas in summer.

HAHAHA if it ever gets finalized... maybe once all the K project manuals are gone this one will come out.  It seems thats all that gets shared and posted... and snipets of when this is almost done 

Every time this thread bumps to top  of the front page with no official update, A Porg dies.

listen..... there goes another one

To be fair.  Mirko did hope to have the instructions released before summer, but also said "Certainly within the year".  So no promises have been broken.  Be patient, the man doesn't owe us anything.