StarBricks

SB00301 B-PROJECT (MOC Resistance Bomber UCS)

I too have been eagerly waiting for the instructions. Any day now hopefully :) 

12 hours ago, Darth Greebles said:

@opetista Thank you for the heads up on getting the LEGO 75188 set.  I had not seen that before but was lucky enough to snag one from a local Bricklink Vendor yesterday.

THANKS!  

I confirm and strongly recommend, to people interested in building the B-Project, to buy an official LEGO 75188 set. You will be able to recover the minifigures and some special pieces present only in that set (the silkscreened glass of the gunboats). In addition, almost all the other pieces of the set can be used for the construction of the MOC.

Thanks Mirko for re confirm and update on further details, for the record and the other colleagues here  I got my set back when Mirko gave this feedback (2019) and mine is in  box  patiently waiting Lol.

14 hours ago, Darth Greebles said:

@opetista Thank you for the heads up on getting the LEGO 75188 set.  I had not seen that before but was lucky enough to snag one from a local Bricklink Vendor yesterday.

THANKS! 

Anytime, Happy to help and contribute. 

On 2/16/2021 at 9:10 PM, WizardSleeve said:

Thanks @opetista

Anytime, Happy to help and contribute. 

btw any ETA for the instructions? ;)

since we have been very excited but nice and patient, it would be nice from santa Mirko to let us know when we should expect to be rewarded for this patience :)

Edited by macaron35

I just purchased set 75188 as two of the ones I was watching on ebay / bricklink were snatched up. I have a feeling in the next couple weeks / months / the price of that set is going to skyrocket as a result of people purchasing it for the @StarBricks SB00301. As excited as I am for this build, I am also anxiously awaiting his newest build. It looks amazing! I've been a huge fan ever since I discovered this subculture of AFOLs. 

Italian Translation (via google translate)
Ho appena acquistato il set 75188 perché due di quelli che stavo guardando su ebay / bricklink sono stati rubati. Ho la sensazione che nelle prossime due settimane / mesi / il prezzo di quel set salirà alle stelle perché le persone lo acquisteranno per @StarBricks SB00301. Per quanto sia eccitato per questa build, sto anche aspettando con ansia la sua ultima build. Sembra incredibile! Sono stato un grande fan da quando ho scoperto questa sottocultura degli AFOL.

3 hours ago, StarBricks said:

My idea is to get them out before the summer. However, certainly within the year.

thank you so much for the info, I can't wait :)

this means buying bricks after the summer and building before Christmas :)

That sounds like good timing to me.

At the moment I have to finish my Starbricks U Wing, build both the Tantive Iv and Star Destroyer and source bricks for the Jerac Razor Crest and K Project.

A summer/autum build sounds perfect for my wallet!!

Hi Brewzter, if you are worried about costs then MOCs of this size will not be for you do to costs, with the instructions, parts and shipping you would be looking more like $800-$1,000. I built a 15,000 Star Destroyer and the parts came to $1,500 four years ago now they are much more. It may be frowned upon to sell the instructions as this is how Starbricks makes income, it would not be fai to him, you could sell the ship or sell the parts. Using $0.10 per piece for MOCs doens not always works as there could be harder to find parts that sell for $75 each and you need 16 of them, i.e The Razorcrest MOC. Hope this helps

I take as it’s your favourite ship you already have the Lego 75188 as it’s an excellent starting point for the figures and parts. 

I would say take a punt and go for it when it’s available, I have built both the U and TS project and they are amazing.  As for re sale there will always be someone who wants a Starbricks MOC - so I would say you will always get your money back.  You just need to look at the “U project where to buy” post and the “TS project” post to see how many people are after those Mocs. 

On 2/25/2021 at 7:50 AM, Brewzter said:

I figured it would be somewhere in that range but was hoping it'd be lower lol. Definitely considering it in my head but I'm not sure :wacko:

Definitely can vary for sure. I built his Tie Silencer for around $300, the U-Wing was closer to $400-450, and K2 was about $425.  He typically builds with pieces that are more common, however that can change. But between taking your time, or swapping some colors out that may not matter, you can safe a few $$. Each MOC is different though, and everyone has a max budget. If I can't do them for $500 or less I have to stay away, or else face the wrath of my wife! lol!

Edited by Frizzlefry25

16 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Definitely can vary for sure. I built his Tie Silencer for around $300, the U-Wing was closer to $400-450, and K2 was about $425.  He typically builds with pieces that are more common, however that can change. But between taking your time, or swapping some colors out that may not matter, you can safe a few $$. Each MOC is different though, and everyone has a max budget. If I can't do them for $500 or less I have to stay away, or else face the wrath of my wife! lol! 

Wives just need to give a bouquet of roses every now and then..  :-)

9 hours ago, StarBricks said:

Wives just need to give a bouquet of roses every now and then..  :-)

If they are like my wife, just need a new Mirko project!!   Mine is your biggest fan for sure! :D

On 4/3/2021 at 5:13 PM, Eaglefan344 said:

Does this thing come off the stand? Or is it built in like the 75252 Star Destroyer? 

The MOC can be removed from the support and placed on its side to make moving operations easier.

6 hours ago, StarBricks said:

The MOC can be removed from the support and placed on its side to make moving operations easier.

I got so excited to see you bump this thread, I thought there may be new instructions news :)

Any news?

11 hours ago, LDigital said:

I got so excited to see you bump this thread, I thought there may be new instructions news :)

Any news? 

Yes, I confirm the release of the instructions by this summer. It was a very demanding job but I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel

5 minutes ago, StarBricks said:

Yes, I confirm the release of the instructions by this summer. It was a very demanding job but I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

23 hours ago, StarBricks said:

Great news! Im so excited.

Mirko, did you know already (round about) how many different lots we need for the b project?

Cheers

Stefan