StarBricks

SB00301 B-PROJECT (MOC Resistance Bomber UCS)

11 hours ago, Lahh001 said:

I can only speculate that delay is due to how they sell the lighting kits from LyGod, now that they can't do so on Bricklink, because Lego have now bought Bricklink.  Looking at the pics, the lighting kit is tightly coupled with the main structure and if you want to build it with lighting kit, it needs to done as part of the build and you can't add it after you've completely built the bomber.  Preference would be to only start selling the instructions, when they have a distribution channel for the lighting kit. 

Nah, I’m not buying that. @Mirko knows what the situation is with LyGod and I really don’t think that has any bearing on his schedule. The B Project is a much bigger build than the K Project and I believe he wants to make sure it’s spot on before he releases. I think the K Project has been a much easier process than he expected and that has more to do with why it may come first. I had to wait quite while for the lighting kit for my TS Project, but as per Mirko’s advice, they came good in the end and it looks fantastic.

1 hour ago, hackenbacker said:

Nah, I’m not buying that. @Mirko knows what the situation is with LyGod and I really don’t think that has any bearing on his schedule. The B Project is a much bigger build than the K Project and I believe he wants to make sure it’s spot on before he releases. I think the K Project has been a much easier process than he expected and that has more to do with why it may come first. I had to wait quite while for the lighting kit for my TS Project, but as per Mirko’s advice, they came good in the end and it looks fantastic.

Agreed. I had to wait quite a while for the LyGod kit but I was finally able to get it.  The B project is a monster.  But according to his Facebook page, he's actually been working on an additional project, something Imperial. 

55 minutes ago, coreyschaaf said:

Agreed. I had to wait quite a while for the LyGod kit but I was finally able to get it.  The B project is a monster.  But according to his Facebook page, he's actually been working on an additional project, something Imperial. 

Yes, that’ll be the project with the expected date in Feb ‘21. Who knows which order it will happen. As long as they keep coming, I’ll be happy.

I confirm that the K-Project instructions will be released before the B-Project (mid / late September).
The B-Project instructions are ready but I decided to postpone the release because I still have to decide whether or not to integrate the LYGOD lighting kit.

2 hours ago, StarBricks said:

I confirm that the K-Project instructions will be released before the B-Project (mid / late September).
The B-Project instructions are ready but I decided to postpone the release because I still have to decide whether or not to integrate the LYGOD lighting kit.

Thanks for the reply Mirko 

I hope we will have the choice to buy the instructions with or without the lygod kit.

Anyway looking forward to the release of the K project 

3 hours ago, StarBricks said:

I just ordered the TS-Project this weekend from StarBricks and looking forward to staring the build. Do you think that we could use maybe a possible lighting set from another company like Brickstuff?  I look forward to building the K-Project, B-Project and the one you are going to announce in February. 

I guess we need a K-Project thread then? ?

Disappointing.  This is right up there with authors who do prequels without first finishing the main series. I’ve seen pics of the B manuals printed in some of your social media posts.  Do you need to redo them then?

Not into lighting and the Lygod solution was super pricey for North America anyways.  I install lightsabers, so can wire up my own lighting kit if I really wanted to in any regard.

I agree, really dissapointing.

Any chance  to get just the parts list earlier, to start collecting pieces? So many people waiting so bad for this instruction! :-(

5 hours ago, StarBricks said:

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Mirko! 

2 hours ago, ic3cold said:

Disappointing.  This is right up there with authors who do prequels without first finishing the main series. I’ve seen pics of the B manuals printed in some of your social media posts.  Do you need to redo them then?

Not into lighting and the Lygod solution was super pricey for North America anyways.  I install lightsabers, so can wire up my own lighting kit if I really wanted to in any regard. 

2 hours ago, treffer21 said:

Any chance  to get just the parts list earlier, to start collecting pieces? So many people waiting so bad for this instruction! :-( 

I can't understand what's so disappointing. Creating instructions is not an easy process. Creating MOC instructions from more than 5000 pieces takes time. And doing it right requires even more. For me it is not a job .. It is a passion. Nobody forces you to buy a LYGOD kit .. but if I decide to release the instructions with the part concerning the LYGOD kit integrated, I want the manual to be 100% complete.

37 minutes ago, StarBricks said:

I can't understand what's so disappointing. Creating instructions is not an easy process. Creating MOC instructions from more than 5000 pieces takes time. And doing it right requires even more. For me it is not a job .. It is a passion. Nobody forces you to buy a LYGOD kit .. but if I decide to release the instructions with the part concerning the LYGOD kit integrated, I want the manual to be 100% complete.

I agree with Mirko.  I love putting custom MOCS together. I haven't found one person that goes through the effort that he does when it comes to producing something beyond PDF instructions. What I find disappointing are people's reactions to something they have little to no idea the time it takes to create.  I recently started putting a MOC together myself and after starting over 4 or 5 times 3/4 of the way into the build I can tell you first hand it takes a lot of time.  The more pieces the more complex it becomes.  And for every piece that's a part of the instructions that need to be created.  Mirko is a great designer and finding pieces that are accessible is also something he does.  There is a great deal of quality assurance that goes into creating a MOC especially after the initial build.  There's test building, stability checks, and then their are revisions to the instructions themselves.  

Many of you just want it released without the LyGod kit just so you can get it now.  The problem with that thinking is some people do want the lighting kit. It's also completely up to Mirko. Maybe it's his vision to incorporate it and therefore he's going to incorporate instructions for it giving everyone the option of how to proceed. These are print instructions and cannot just be changed on the fly.  Putting these in PDF opens the door for piracy. Getting a part list ahead of time opens the door for inaccuracies as the parts list could change if it's not finalized. Getting the parts list ahead of time also allows for piracy. Knowing what I know about the build process and creating instructions myself; quality work can't be rushed. 

Mirko certainly doesn't need me to defend him. Those of you that know Mirko know his work speaks for itself. I'd ask you all who are frustrated to be patient. This is very much something he loves to do and doesn't have to share with us. 

Edited by coreyschaaf

29 minutes ago, coreyschaaf said:

I agree with Mirko.  I love putting custom MOCS together. I haven't found one person that goes through the effort that he does when it comes to producing something beyond PDF instructions. What I find disappointing are people's reactions to something they have little to no idea the time it takes to create.  I recently started putting a MOC together myself and after starting over 4 or 5 times 3/4 of the way into the build I can tell you first hand it takes a lot of time.  The more pieces the more complex it becomes.  And for every piece that's a part of the instructions that need to be created.  Mirko is a great designer and finding pieces that are accessible is also something he does.  There is a great deal of quality assurance that goes into creating a MOC especially after the initial build.  There's test building, stability checks, and then their are revisions to the instructions themselves.  

Many of you just want it released without the LyGod kit just so you can get it now.  The problem with that thinking is some people do want the lighting kit. It's also completely up to Mirko. Maybe it's his vision to incorporate it and therefore he's going to incorporate instructions for it giving everyone the option of how to proceed. These are print instructions and cannot just be changed on the fly.  Putting these in PDF opens the door for piracy. Getting a part list ahead of time opens the door for inaccuracies as the parts list could change if it's not finalized. Getting the parts list ahead of time also allows for piracy. Knowing what I know about the build process and creating instructions myself; quality work can't be rushed. 

Mirko certainly doesn't need me to defend him. Those of you that know Mirko know his work speaks for itself. I'd ask you all who are frustrated to be patient. This is very much something he loves to do and doesn't have to share with us. 

Thanks Corey, sorry if I'm slow :-)
But I try to do my best. Sorry everyone

I'm extremely happy that K Project is coming first.  I'm far more interested in something different :)

Keep up the great work @StarBricks

2 hours ago, StarBricks said:

Thanks Corey, sorry if I'm slow :-)
But I try to do my best. Sorry everyone

Mirko -  No need to apologise.  Some unfair comments from some of the posters, especially the comment about 'doing a prequel without finishing the main series'.  I didn't relealize that we had to build these MOC in a certain order?  As you said, its more than a job.  Its something that you've invested a lot in and obviously you want to ensure that you deliver something that reflects all of the hard work you've put in.  Having built both your U-Wing and the Tie Silencer, I'm more than happy to wait for the Bomber, which I am sure will be epic (with or without the lighting kit).  Cant wait for K-2SO.  Will go nice with my R2 and BB-8!

Edited by Lahh001

21 hours ago, ic3cold said:

20 hours ago, treffer21 said:

Bad form people.

@ic3cold - in what way does it make any difference which order they are released? There is no narrative, unlike your analogy.
@treffer21 - If I were @Mirko, I would go exactly the same way. It will be ready when it’s ready. All that is required from us is patience.

The thing I’m keen to learn is what the 2021 design might be. All in good time. Keep up the great work @Mirko.

Is "dissapointed" such a rude word in englisch?? If yes then i appologize for this.

Its not my mother language.

On 23.june it was said, that all is 95% complete and there are just few checks. Again my fault that i thought it takes days, maybe weeks. Sorry.

Cheers

1 hour ago, treffer21 said:

Is "dissapointed" such a rude word in englisch?? If yes then i appologize for this.

Its not my mother language.

On 23.june it was said, that all is 95% complete and there are just few checks. Again my fault that i thought it takes days, maybe weeks. Sorry.

Cheers

No, not rude, but I didn’t say it was.

I just think we should be celebrating that @Mirko’s creations exist at all rather than being disappointed. It’s easy to forget that the very moment he goes live with a new project, things will get very busy all of a sudden. The last thing you need at that point is for there to be an issue with the project you’re sending out because it was rushed or didn’t go through a final check. I came into these quite late. Bought the TS, then managed to get a second hand U and am waiting to buy whatever comes next. I think we all know the wait will be worth it.

1 hour ago, hackenbacker said:

No, not rude, but I didn’t say it was.

I just think we should be celebrating that @Mirko’s creations exist at all rather than being disappointed. It’s easy to forget that the very moment he goes live with a new project, things will get very busy all of a sudden. The last thing you need at that point is for there to be an issue with the project you’re sending out because it was rushed or didn’t go through a final check. I came into these quite late. Bought the TS, then managed to get a second hand U and am waiting to buy whatever comes next. I think we all know the wait will be worth it.

Where did you get the second hand U at?

A bit baffled by some of the responses Mirko got for his explanation.

Being someone who also makes instructions (albeit digital pdfs not physical), the last 5% of the manual takes almost as long as the first 95%. The amount of time Mirko puts into his manuals is far more than I think anyone suspects and would do themselves. There's a reason why he is able to continually deliver the community the quality he does, it takes A LOT of time. I wish some people would respect his craft and dedication more rather than whining about it being "unfair" that they have to wait a while longer.

On another note I'm hyped up for the K-Project! Can't wait Mirko, it's a completely different beast than the bomber, and I'm sure the build will be awesome.

Edited by Cjd223