StarBricks

SB00301 B-PROJECT (MOC Resistance Bomber UCS)

33 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

During the covid-19 quarantine period, I was inspired and got to complete my next MC SB00501. It is ready and built and on display above my table in the LEGO room. I can only anticipate that it is composed of 6000 parts and that as usual it will be an unseen thing ;-)

Is there anyone else who wonders what that lego room looks like?!!! *oh2*  Would love to see a picture of that someday, minus the SB00501 surprise!

I agree: mirko, is there any chance to see pictures of this room? (Just put a bag over the sb00501! ;-)

As someone who's built both Mirko's U-wing & Tie Silencer models I'm very much looking forward to building this new model!

Mirko your K2-SO looks superb as well, I'm extremely impressed!

19 hours ago, scheyjosh said:

Could you give us a hint on if it's a Rebel or Imperial design? ;) 

...imperial

13 hours ago, lenzie said:

As someone who's built both Mirko's U-wing & Tie Silencer models I'm very much looking forward to building this new model!

Mirko your K2-SO looks superb as well, I'm extremely impressed! 

Thanks a lot Lenzie!

2 hours ago, StarBricks said:

...imperial

Thanks a lot Lenzie!

Omg please be a ship!

On 6/23/2020 at 9:33 PM, StarBricks said:

The B-Project instructions are almost ready. Let's say they are 95% complete. I still miss the latest revisions of the layouts and the checks for the list of pieces. It has been a very long and complex job but I want the instructions to be at the top. Have faith :-)

My money has it's bags packed and is ready to go... 

What most of you may not realize is that shipping to North America will be very expensive. Most postal offices will not ship so DHL will be the options.  I have a small package ordered until I was told it was 60 Euros to send to Canada. Be prepared to pay for higher shipping costs with the Covid-19 out there.

On 6/27/2020 at 6:27 AM, hackenbacker said:

Yes, same here ?

17 hours ago, KevinYoung said:

Shipping cost from Europe to US is crazy high.

On 6/26/2020 at 6:20 PM, GAC said:

What most of you may not realize is that shipping to North America will be very expensive. Most postal offices will not ship so DHL will be the options.  I have a small package ordered until I was told it was 60 Euros to send to Canada. Be prepared to pay for higher shipping costs with the Covid-19 out there.

Shipping costs are expensive yes but I kind of already expected that as I live in the States. I've ordered several international items since June 15th and all have taken about 12 - 15 days to arrive.  Some of them have been from Italy. Mirko's @StarBricksinstructions in my opinion are well worth it (in addition to any shipping costs).  Not only does he make a custom build. He then reverse engineers and creates instructions to replicate the build.  Then goes through a rigorous QA process to make sure the build is actually correct. Then shoots amazing photography work as well as lays out an entire manual. He also works with a 3rd party company to incorporate lighting kits that are specifically built to go with it. Then after all that's finished, he has to get quotes to print the instructions and pay those upfront costs associated to it.  He does all this so he can recover his costs and time to produce such an amazing build and make money to support his family and his hobby. 

I know people have wanted digital PDFs of his instructions but to me it protects from piracy as well as creates something a little bit more authentic. I can hold the instructions in my hand as well as display it next to the piece I've created as they are incredibly well done. 

I agree that the shipping cost is high to the US.  However the manuals I have gotten from him have arrived in a few days - not weeks of waiting.  To me this is part of Mirko's commitment to high quality and great service.

23 hours ago, KevinYoung said:

Shipping cost from Europe to US is crazy high.

I chose to ship with UPS Expess Pak because it is a very fast and very safe service (in some cases delivery in the USA is guaranteed in 2-3 working days). A postal shipment would take weeks to reach some countries and also would not guarantee the traceability of the parcel. The excellent delivery service is part of the project.

1 hour ago, StarBricks said:

I chose to ship with UPS Expess Pak because it is a very fast and very safe service (in some cases delivery in the USA is guaranteed in 2-3 working days). A postal shipment would take weeks to reach some countries and also would not guarantee the traceability of the parcel. The excellent delivery service is part of the project.

I have ordered his book and it got from Italy to the Midwestern United States in 8 days.  US Express Pack is incredibly reliable. 

On 6/23/2020 at 11:33 AM, StarBricks said:

The B-Project instructions are almost ready. Let's say they are 95% complete. I still miss the latest revisions of the layouts and the checks for the list of pieces. It has been a very long and complex job but I want the instructions to be at the top. Have faith :-)

To be honest: since february i been looking 1 time per day on mirkos website if instruction is ready. Since his announcement that the instriction is 95% ready im looking 3 times and more per day.......aaahhh cant wait anymore!! :-)

On 6/29/2020 at 4:09 PM, StarBricks said:

My order was 3 days to U.S.  Amazing!

6 hours ago, Naixin said:

Any update?

+1 on that question ? can't believe I been visiting Starbricks site once a day for a year now hoping it would be done.

appreciate all your fantastic work Mirko and I know you want to get it perfect, would love a new estimate tho so we can relax a bit ?

On 8/15/2020 at 1:39 AM, Naixin said:

Any update?

On 8/15/2020 at 8:01 AM, kajrehn said:

+1 on that question ? can't believe I been visiting Starbricks site once a day for a year now hoping it would be done.

appreciate all your fantastic work Mirko and I know you want to get it perfect, would love a new estimate tho so we can relax a bit ?

The last I heard was there was a suggestion that the K PROJECT may be released before the B PROJECT.

2 hours ago, hackenbacker said:

The last I heard was there was a suggestion that the K PROJECT may be released before the B PROJECT.

Where did you hear this? Judging by Mirko's site the B-Project is much closer to release than the K-Project. Mirko also said that it was like 95% complete a few weeks ago, so I'm sure he's just making sure all of the small things are right before releasing.

That being said, I would be all for seeing the K-Project manual first! I'm really looking forward to that build.

1 hour ago, Cjd223 said:

Where did you hear this? Judging by Mirko's site the B-Project is much closer to release than the K-Project. Mirko also said that it was like 95% complete a few weeks ago, so I'm sure he's just making sure all of the small things are right before releasing.

That being said, I would be all for seeing the K-Project manual first! I'm really looking forward to that build.

1D1C9512-BF93-4572-BB89-CB081CB95FD4.jpeg

Ooooohhh. I am not going to Lie, I have been watching both as I have both the  U and TS projects, but I am more excited about K! Could be something to build soon!

I can only speculate that delay is due to how they sell the lighting kits from LyGod, now that they can't do so on Bricklink, because Lego have now bought Bricklink.  Looking at the pics, the lighting kit is tightly coupled with the main structure and if you want to build it with lighting kit, it needs to done as part of the build and you can't add it after you've completely built the bomber.  Preference would be to only start selling the instructions, when they have a distribution channel for the lighting kit. 

Edited by Lahh001

2 hours ago, Lahh001 said:

I can only speculate that delay is due to how they sell the lighting kits from LyGod, now that they can't do so on Bricklink, because Lego have now bought Bricklink.  Looking at the pics, the lighting kit is tightly coupled with the main structure and if you want to build it with lighting kit, it needs to done as part of the build and you can't add it after you've completely built the bomber.  Preference would be to only start selling the instructions, when they have a distribution channel for the lighting kit. 

If it is the reason why not sell the lygod set through eBay? 

I have the Lego bomber set waiting as well as pieces I could see from mirko's pictures, just need the instructions now!

Edited by Space_jaco

2 hours ago, Space_jaco said:

If it is the reason why not sell the lygod set through eBay? 

If that is the reason for the holdup, eBay is probably one of the best solutions other than just giving people the option to purchase the kit with the manual and then split funds accordingly.

Hopefully Mirko gives us a rundown once he has a plan.