StarBricks

SB00301 B-PROJECT (MOC Resistance Bomber UCS)

On 3/15/2020 at 9:22 AM, Lahh001 said:

Given recent restrictions imposed in Italy, Mirko is likely to be pre occupied with more important things.  Hope he and family are fine, as with everyone else in this unique period that we’re all currently facing.  Stay safe! 

Yes, my family and I are fine. Luckily we live in a small town where there is a lot of civic sense and there are no big problems. We are all locked in the house and are waiting for better times.
In these days I am taking advantage of it to go on with my works and I am finishing the instructions of the B-Project. A hug to everyone and stay at home.

Stay safe everyone. 

Hope we will be back to our normal life soon and will be able to enjoy mirko's moc even more

6 hours ago, StarBricks said:

Yes, my family and I are fine. Luckily we live in a small town where there is a lot of civic sense and there are no big problems. We are all locked in the house and are waiting for better times.
In these days I am taking advantage of it to go on with my works and I am finishing the instructions of the B-Project. A hug to everyone and stay at home.

Great to hear you're alright in Italy! Look forward to your always exceptional work!

On 3/24/2020 at 11:27 AM, StarBricks said:

So pleased to hear you and your family are OK. Best wishes from the UK.

Hey there in this dark times, i hope all is well Mirko.

Any chance your fans could get an update on the progress or an estimated month on the instructions for this build? Checking your website everyday at the moment  x(

On 4/6/2020 at 6:05 AM, kajrehn said:

Hey there in this dark times, i hope all is well Mirko.

Any chance your fans could get an update on the progress or an estimated month on the instructions for this build? Checking your website everyday at the moment  x(

+1. Definitely don’t want to miss out on this one. Hope all is well Mirko @StarBricks.

If I had to guess - the issue that is holding up the Resistance Bomber is the lighting Kit. 

Let me explain my theory. I purchased the TS-Project and trying to get the lighting kit proved to be quite difficult.  The issue with BrickLink.com was the store they were being sold from was shut down do to the fact that LEGO purchased Bricklink. Shortly after, BrickLink (AKA LEGO) also banned stores that were selling 3rd party lighting kits.  So for people who purchased the TS Project instructions, they were not able to get the LyGod kit in the manner described in the instructions. That was probably very frustrating because of all the planning that went into the production and printing of the materials (in addition to the lighting kits); only to find out the store for purchasing the lighting kits was closed. 

Based on the pictures of the Resistance Bomber on starbricks.net and what I believe Mirko also said himself in other posts, is that if you were going to install the lighting kit on his Bomber, you would have to do so as you were putting the Bomber together. This means Mirko probably wants the lighting kits available for purchase in addition to the instructions. Customers would be disappointed if they bought the instructions, procured all the parts and the lighting kit wasn't available. That was my experience with the TS Project. I was disappointed I couldn't get the lighting kit right away. Luckily for the TS Project, you can install the lighting kit even after the build is completed. Also consider the fact that the lighting kit is specific for this build and the instructions / pieces to include the lighting kit are probably very specific and done so in a very particular order. 

That is my guess as to why it is taking so long for the bomber to be completed. We know Mirko is working on it because he's made post about "reverse engineering" some of his build to make it more cost effective. While I"m anxious, I'm also appreciate of the time being put into it, especially to make sure it's till cost effective. For example, I just completed procuring all the parts for @papaglop 's build of the Razorcrest. That build was so popular parts, several more rare parts skyrocketed.  So making sure the MOC is built in a cost effective way with as few of rare pieces as possible is really appreciated. 

17 hours ago, coreyschaaf said:

If I had to guess - the issue that is holding up the Resistance Bomber is the lighting Kit.....

You may well be right, but my personal view differs from yours in that I would much rather the instructions were released (if indeed they are ready) without the lighting kits being available. This bomber is a bigger build than either of the previous two and will take quite a while to get our ‘wanted’ lists to 100%. Even if it means I end up building it twice, I would still rather get started on buying the list sooner rather than later.

The thing I don’t understand is why the lighting kits (if they are readily available) can’t be sold through an eBay store or through a dedicated web site. It would take very little time to set up either. This makes me think there may be other issues than we have not considered. 

I want these instructions so bad...already have U wing and tie silencer.

this is insane

The B-Project instructions are almost ready. Let's say they are 95% complete. I still miss the latest revisions of the layouts and the checks for the list of pieces. It has been a very long and complex job but I want the instructions to be at the top. Have faith :-)

Hi! Mirko - if I can propose something. Now it is too late, but could you include in the future projects the possibility of buying bricks in batches (something like LEGO handbags included). Your sets are very extensive and usually consist of several modules. And the point is to be able to consider buying the brick batches after purchasing the instructions. From your side it is only separating parts (in electronic form) for a given module. Of course, the whole project can also be available as a single bricks file. The cost of the TS-PROJECT SB00201 for the parts themselves was over 700 € - this solution will allow a more economical approach to the project :) In the B-PROJECT SB00301 project, the cost of the parts will probably be around 1000 €.
I am waiting for the SB00301 manual to be issued

best regards
Yeazzik

4 hours ago, StarBricks said:

The B-Project instructions are almost ready. Let's say they are 95% complete. I still miss the latest revisions of the layouts and the checks for the list of pieces. It has been a very long and complex job but I want the instructions to be at the top. Have faith :-)

Thanks for the update Mirko! 

2 hours ago, Yeazzik said:

Hi! Mirko - if I can propose something. Now it is too late, but could you include in the future projects the possibility of buying bricks in batches (something like LEGO handbags included). Your sets are very extensive and usually consist of several modules. And the point is to be able to consider buying the brick batches after purchasing the instructions. From your side it is only separating parts (in electronic form) for a given module. Of course, the whole project can also be available as a single bricks file. The cost of the TS-PROJECT SB00201 for the parts themselves was over 700 € - this solution will allow a more economical approach to the project :) In the B-PROJECT SB00301 project, the cost of the parts will probably be around 1000 €.

best regards
Yeazzik

Hey Yeazzik! There is a person / company that sources the bricks for many popular MOCs.  If you visit https://www.facebook.com/BrickMoonMOCs (Brick Moon) he sources the parts and also includes the instructions from the MOC makers.  I know Brick Moon sourced parts for MIRKOs TS Project and included a copy of the actual instructions.  I could be wrong, but Brick Moon may very well do that for the SB Project (Resistance Bomber) well.  It's a great option for people who just want to build and don't have time to source all the pieces themselves. Just know you will be paying a premium for that service.  Brick Moon does an awesome job if you're interested in other MOCS.  His website lists the projects he sources as well as prices in Euros. https://www.brickmoon.de/

Edited by coreyschaaf

2 hours ago, Yeazzik said:

best regards
Yeazzik

Parts collection is part of the project. Personally, I find it very fun and satisfying to search and find the parts.

9 minutes ago, StarBricks said:

Parts collection is part of the project. Personally, I find it very fun and satisfying to search and find the parts.

I very much agree! Finding the parts is the thrill of the hunt! I recently acquired my last piece for Papaglops Star Wars Mandalorian Razorcrest. Knowing I hunted down all the pieces makes me appreciate the build that much more. 

8 hours ago, StarBricks said:

Thank for the update Mirko. I’m very much looking forward to starting it.

6 hours ago, Yeazzik said:

best regards
Yeazzik

I think this approach could end up costing you more in the long run. Personally, I like to have the whole wanted list open so I can source as much as I can for the lowest prices in the fewest shipments. 

10 hours ago, StarBricks said:

That is great news indeed!

While it will be a ways off, I am even more excited for your K project!

I am afraid to even ask Mirko, with how busy you must be, and with what the world is dealing with. Are you somehow also working on another project for next year?

Just now, Frizzlefry25 said:

I am afraid to even ask Mirko, with how busy you must be, and with what the world is dealing with. Are you somehow also working on another project for next year?

And I just answered my own question. SB00501 coming next year! I don't know how you do it all!  Constant Evolution huh? Let the guessing begin!

13 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

That is great news indeed!

While it will be a ways off, I am even more excited for your K project!

And I just answered my own question. SB00501 coming next year! I don't know how you do it all!  Constant Evolution huh? Let the guessing begin! 

During the covid-19 quarantine period, I was inspired and got to complete my next MC SB00501. It is ready and built and on display above my table in the LEGO room. I can only anticipate that it is composed of 6000 parts and that as usual it will be an unseen thing ;-)

During the covid-19 quarantine period, I was inspired and got to complete my next MC SB00501. It is ready and built and on display above my table in the LEGO room. I can only anticipate that it is composed of 6000 parts and that as usual it will be an unseen thing ;-)

Whoa! That’s excellent news Mirko ????. Can’t wait to see it. 

5 hours ago, StarBricks said:

I feel like this is a breaking news alert! Sounds awesome. :) 

9 hours ago, StarBricks said:

Could you give us a hint on if it's a Rebel or Imperial design? ;)

Is there anyone else who wonders what that lego room looks like?!!! *oh2*  Would love to see a picture of that someday, minus the SB00501 surprise!