StarBricks

SB00301 B-PROJECT (MOC Resistance Bomber UCS)

8 hours ago, NMbricks said:

The suspense is killing us.... 

Does SB00401 include any chrome pieces? 

No only official LEGO pieces (as always)

I was not a fan of this bomber until I saw this MOC. It is truly amazing and I'll definitely be purchasing it!

Sticking with the new trilogy ships, I am guessing that SB00401 will be the V-4X-D. To me, it's one of the few new ones that are somewhat interesting. Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be awesome though.

22 hours ago, waden34 said:

I was not a fan of this bomber until I saw this MOC. It is truly amazing and I'll definitely be purchasing it!

Sticking with the new trilogy ships, I am guessing that SB00401 will be the V-4X-D. To me, it's one of the few new ones that are somewhat interesting. Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be awesome though. 

The V-4X-D is an interesting starting point.. but I have already seen some MOCs about it

11 hours ago, sandtrooper said:

Here is a video featuring the bomber and the man himself!

Resistance Bomber

I am drooling on my keyboard

frankly, scenes about the movies and ISDs are really impressive, but when it comes down to ships, this one is probably (in my own opinion of course) of one or not to say, most probably the best so far, such details... it's amazing

it will be a challeging build for me (it took me months to build up the MF 75912 and hopefully, all the bags were already sorted by TLG), but ordering parts and then sorting them out will take me weeks, plus months for building, but in the end, it will be the masterpiece of my collection

I cannot say enough how Mirko is talented, nice work, great video

5 hours ago, TwoSolitudes said:

I see instructions! Can we order them yet?

Nope, not yet apparently.

Back in the day I saw some other videos of conventions -mainly in Italy- where seemingly the actual book was shown, but when I asked Mirko about that, he told me that the book shown in the conventions  is actually some kind of prototype/pre production model, that then had some corrections/ammendments to do and apparently is not the real thing...at least was not fully completed/final version completed at the time of some of the videos being filmed and the "book" being wrapped in plastic. 

Edited by opetista

the journalist says in the video at 5'35 that Mirko is still working on the instructions and this is just a sample

1 hour ago, macaron35 said:

the journalist says in the video at 5'35 that Mirko is still working on the instructions and this is just a sample

yeah, makes total sense...the video was taken at the Skærbæk Fan Weekend held in September 2019 I guess...the ones I saw were even earlier than that in Italy last year, so I guess the final book  is probably now at the printing company oralready mass produced ...but if there are no further delays should be definately be finnished...

I only completed his Tie Silencer so far, and I am still to start with his  U Wing project ...nevertheless I can not wait to get the instructions for this Bomber... Mirko's passion and skills are awesome.

You know I shouldn't be surprised because I have built both his U-Wing and Tie Silencer, and even though this is not my favorite ship, his pictures are amazing. But after seeing that video, Holy Crap! It looks so much bigger and better than I imagined. I may have to go 3-3!

Currently building Kylo Ren's command shuttle and next my build will be this Resistance Bomber :)

can't wait !

On 1/20/2020 at 12:37 PM, opetista said:

yeah, makes total sense...the video was taken at the Skærbæk Fan Weekend held in September 2019 I guess...the ones I saw were even earlier than that in Italy last year, so I guess the final book  is probably now at the printing company oralready mass produced ...but if there are no further delays should be definately be finnished...

I only completed his Tie Silencer so far, and I am still to start with his  U Wing project ...nevertheless I can not wait to get the instructions for this Bomber... Mirko's passion and skills are awesome.

On 1/28/2020 at 9:11 AM, Frizzlefry25 said:

You know I shouldn't be surprised because I have built both his U-Wing and Tie Silencer, and even though this is not my favorite ship, his pictures are amazing. But after seeing that video, Holy Crap! It looks so much bigger and better than I imagined. I may have to go 3-3!

22 hours ago, macaron35 said:

Currently building Kylo Ren's command shuttle and next my build will be this Resistance Bomber :)

can't wait !

On 1/28/2020 at 8:14 AM, treffer21 said:

Hey mirco. Any update (instruction) can't wait! 

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. I'm glad you appreciate my commitment and my passion. For me LEGO and Star Wars are two passions that have accompanied me since I was 5 years old (1978).
Unfortunately I am late with the instructions of the B-Project as 2019 was a very busy year for me because of work and some health problems of a family member. But I'm working hard and sooner or later the instructions will be finished. Have faith!!
In addition, in the last period I have worked a lot on my last MOC that I will present next February 7 ... I love black ;-)

Sorry to hear that :( instructions can wait you know... what is important is for you and your family to be well

4 hours ago, macaron35 said:

Sorry to hear that :( instructions can wait you know... what is important is for you and your family to be well 

Yes, now everything is ok, luckily. Thank you!

6 hours ago, StarBricks said:

wow...."I love black" ok so lets say that it is a vehicle from "The rise of Skywalker" and it is in black? ;)

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. I'm glad you appreciate my commitment and my passion. For me LEGO and Star Wars are two passions that have accompanied me since I was 5 years old (1978).
Unfortunately I am late with the instructions of the B-Project as 2019 was a very busy year for me because of work and some health problems of a family member. But I'm working hard and sooner or later the instructions will be finished. Have faith!!
In addition, in the last period I have worked a lot on my last MOC that I will present next February 7 ... I love black ;-)

I can't wait for the bomber.

I hope the next moc will be the night buzzard aka the ship of knights of ren. Hopefully minifig scale. bring on Feb 7 :)

11 hours ago, sokewl said:

I can't wait for the bomber.

I hope the next moc will be the night buzzard aka the ship of knights of ren. Hopefully minifig scale. bring on Feb 7 :)

That is a good guess!

51 minutes ago, opetista said:

That is a good guess!

also I think lego will officially release it along with the two missing knights of ren :)

On 1/29/2020 at 2:28 AM, StarBricks said:

What a teaser! Seriously though, yes, so many of us love your work and the photo skills just polish it off. I will definitely be one of the first in the USA to buy your B-project manual. :)

For the next MOC.... here are our clues:

• "I love black ;-)"
  • "It is something that no one has yet done on a UCS scale :-)" - so it's been done before
  • "Small clue .. my next project (SB00401) will have 3470 pieces ..." - so something smaller than the Resistance Bomber as the # of pieces is less but is still UCS scale
  • "Model #: SB00401"
  • From his website splash page for this project: "..it works..", Anakin??
  • He's made only ships so far... i.e. no land vehicles, does the trend continue?

But not:

• V-4X-D
  • Sebulba's podracer
  • UCS Gonk :(

My insights are.... a version of a TIE fighter but I'm doubtful since we already have Kylo's (we've already got UCS Advanced, Interceptor and standard TIE.... although interesting since LEGO's new contest/vote for next UCS includes a TIE Bomber...), possibly a Scimitar but that's more grey, Kylo's or Krennic's shuttle but they seem to already have MOC attempts, and lastly my best guess is... I'm honestly at a loss since each one of these ideas I've seen some UCS MOC version of.... you got us Mirko. :)

If we had one more hint perhaps we'd nail it!

The Identifier for his projects is always related to the project. SB Bomber, TS Tie Striker so the key is "SB"

3 minutes ago, GAC said:

The Identifier for his projects is always related to the project. SB Bomber, TS Tie Striker so the key is "SB"

The SB is for Star Bricks, then he add in U, TS, and B project which then relates to the item. 

I am at a loss as well, his previous three projects leveraged an existing set as a starting point, and in comparing the clues to currently lego offerings, I don't see anything matching!

Cant wait regardless! getting close.....