StarBricks

SB00301 B-PROJECT (MOC Resistance Bomber UCS)

On 7 February, as well as being my birthday, it is a regular appointment with the presentation of the new MOC for the current year.

SB00301 B-Project MOC from 5200 of the Resistance Bomber seen in Episode VIII.
A ship passed unnoticed but that I consider very particular and well designed.
It immediately reminded me of a mix between a bomber and a submarine from the Second World War.

It has been a demanding project due to the particularity of the shape that develops vertically and that presents the whole side of the stern completely cantilevered. I adopted special technical solutions to make it stable and balanced and I enjoyed recreating its proportions and details in an accurate way.
There are also some parts that can be opened and inspected and as for the TS-Project I have collaborated with LYGOD to create a specific lighting kit.

I can not upload the photos here and then insert a link to my flickr page:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151456928@N08/albums/72157706600093414

That thing is spectacular! The shaping is very impressive, particularly around the opening cockpit. I love the interior sections too, it’s great that you could include those and keep the strength in such a large build. Great work and happy birthday!

Amazing rendition of my favorite vehicle design from my absolute least favorite Star Wars movie. Really don’t like TLJ but I actually wouldn’t mind having this is in my collection. Amazing angles and detail in this one 

Lovely build - how heavy is the cockpit? Does it naturally want to fall down on the click hinges?

4 hours ago, RogueRecon said:

Amazing rendition of my favorite vehicle design from my absolute least favorite Star Wars movie. Really don’t like TLJ but I actually wouldn’t mind having this is in my collection. Amazing angles and detail in this one 

I feel the same way. Crappy movie in general, urinating on a lot that Star Wars stood for. But the Dreadnought, Resistance Bomber and that scene in general was awesome.

Thanks to all for the compliments. I'm really happy and proud that this MOC liked it. For those who ask me for instructions I confirm that I am working on it and that they will be ready in spring - summer 2019

Slow but sturdy. That is the charm of the original one. Your design is a great catch - looks like a replica from the OT!

Greetings Kommander

Looking forward to this one. Are there any sets worth purchasing like with the 201 project that we can salvage parts from? 

Happy birthday! The bomber looks fantastic, I really like that front cockpit!

Hated the movie and thought the way this ship was used in it was terrible.... but wow. This is an incredible rendition. You are truly creating masterpieces here.  I'm still collecting pieces for the U-Wing, and now I am going to have come up with a good excuse for why I need to have this one as well. Count me in on the instructions as soon as they are ready.  

Great amazing model! But please consider publishing a list of rare or very expensive parts, since with the U-Wing this really drove up the costs. Would be nice to know beforehand

Looks super good! Your U-wing is the center piece of my Lego display and though I sadly won't be building this as I do not have room for it, it looks to be of the same quality. 

Thanks to all guys I'm really happy that you enjoyed my work. One piece of advice I can give to those who want to build the B-Project is to buy an original LEGO 75188 set. I designed my MOC trying to recover as many pieces as possible from the original set (about 600/650 parts and the three minifigures).

Good Advice. Can you  tell me more about rare parts? A list of all parts is very much appreciated.

Edited by merman

Too bad the movie wasn't a fraction as amazing as this beauty. 

It feels like you can see the rivets.  Wonderfully made.