koalayummies

[MOC] Climatology Survey

The climatologist and her longtime nature photographer and conservationist friend head out into the remote and unforgiving desert to check on one of the climate monitoring stations.

46286888884_37178a9887_b.jpg

46286886604_e392e9bb9c_b.jpg

Although the monitors transmit their data via satellite they still require periodic maintenance, diagnostics, calibration, cleaning and the occasional repair.

46286886704_40f18f5f57_c.jpg

46286886684_ba1c6f1902_c.jpg

Given the nature of their work they're well aware of their carbon footprint but still require vehicular transportation to these remote sites so with the help of their friends in the industry they employ this truck powered by sustainable algae biodiesel.

46286886634_990681fae8_b.jpg

46286886654_67bcd730e6_b.jpg

46286886724_8471ebf85f_b.jpg

Edited by koalayummies

This is awesome!  I was going to point out my favourite details, but i’d just be listing everything.

This is great! I love that SUV, some nice little details all over. I like how the ground spills over the border you made. 

The met tower is great looks like everything is there.   The gem is the Rover!  I may have to "blatantly copy" er...  Um....  Borrow...  Yea borrow the design.   The base is great as well I love the tire tracks.  Well done on the sand spilling over the box.   My only issue is by itself with figs the rover looks too tall but once in the scene it's perfect so maybe that's just an illusion.

Fantastic build! As Kristel mentioned it‘s impossible to name favorite details. Everything just fits perfectly together. Maybe your best build yet!

Vehicle stole my heart! Absolutely amazing. I like this solution with frames and how ground goes out!

Oh man, now I know my favorite windshield is available in my favorite color!

I do agree that the body of the truck is maybe a plate too high but this whole scene is rad.

Very nice build - a well-balanced composition all around. The vehicle is really nice and the station is cool. The sand pouring out of the ends is neat, too. My only suggestion is to use half-stud offsets on the vehicle tracks, although it might require building up the base a little more. Otherwise, great work.

I’ve been thinking about making a truck with that windshield piece. Great design, and I really like the scene you came up with!

What a super build!! Loving all the little details (such as the ratchet strap handle) and the monitoring station is a work of art!!

Excellent work!!