Nicotoa

[Factions Ep. I] Johnar's quarters

*Your entry has earned 3XP*

This warehouse of Nar Shaddaa was once run down and abandonned, but after some renovations it became a nice place to live and keep a low profile.

32248520577_fdc037aa20_b.jpg

Old pics here:

Spoiler

40043999183_9fc93739d8_b.jpg46956740652_a5f13cd4c8_b.jpg46956740802_b56dc5c130_b.jpg

There's even a hidden compartment for stashing contraband.

46956740772_8d3b146ae3_b.jpg

Spoiler

It all started with finding a piece usage for those alien stickers found in 76101, and I think they look good as rugs.

Simple, effective, and fun!  The colors all look great together, and I like those tiles as rugs and decoration!  Not build related (and something I personally struggle with) but maybe work on your lighting?

23 hours ago, DrMuttonchops said:

Simple, effective, and fun!  The colors all look great together, and I like those tiles as rugs and decoration!  Not build related (and something I personally struggle with) but maybe work on your lighting?

Thanks, as for the lighting I'm still having trouble with it, the phone camera isnt that great to take good pictures. And I cant afford a big photo setup with white font and everything.

If you have any tips for this, you're welcome. :P

This is a nice little apartment with some thoughtful details like the paneling, door, and bed. I think if possible you should avoid so much visible studs in an artificial space, since the smoothness of tiles offers a more "machined" look. The table is probably okay but the top of the cabinet stands out and if I had to choose between floor or table to have studs, I'd pick one and tile over the other fully. Limited pieces can make such things harder though.

For the lighting, I'd suggest using GIMP to brighten the images. That can usually do the job if you don't have a lighting set up at home (I don't either).

]32248520577_fdc037aa20_b.jpg

Tried to lighten the picture, and removed most of the studs on the floor.

Also tiled up the cabinet top, and added pipes and boxes to break up the gray.

Dont worry though, the hidden stash under the bed is untouched.

The more defused light you have the better. If you use a flash it causes a harsh lighting feel. A bright light (like those you can buy at a hardware store for work projects) with a white poster-board between the light and build, gives good defused light.

Your door is a little small, but it has a good SW feel.