Hickernator

Favourite Minifigure

Recently I've been looking through my collection of Lego and I started to wonder; what Lego minfigure in my collection is my favourite? It is quite a challenging question to answer as I have literally hundreds and hundreds, from the CMF series to licensed figures and even some custom ones. I also have the odd rarity too (trying at the moment to find one of those old ghosts in an orange colour).

I think, though, my favourite figure I have has to be this Johnny Thunder which I obtained on eBay about half a year ago. 

46085442355_6e5447c5ec.jpgJohnny Thunder Front by Adam Hickey, on Flickr

46085443505_2f298503b0.jpgJohnny Thunder Back by Adam Hickey, on Flickr

This is quite an interesting minifigure as it has the Lego Logo featured on the back on the torso, yet there is no hole in the neck for a keyring. 

The Adventurers was one of my favourite themes growing up and I have many fond memories of coming up with adventures for Johnny Thunder and his gang!

So, if you had to choose only ONE minifigure, which one is your favourite?

This is tough. My initial thought as I read the first post is Iron Patriot, so I’ll stuck with that.

But, there are so many great minifigs that are boosted because of the fantastic expressions they have now. The puke face from the Fairground Mixer, rocker from Downtown Diner, Black Canary from the LEGO Batman Movie CMS...just to name a few. 

I'd say my favourite minifigure would be Boba Fett from 75060, it has really nice printing and the details look really good!

Theoden - excellent print and accurate face, with print underneath the armour too.

lor021.png

15 hours ago, Hickernator said:

So, if you had to choose only ONE minifigure, which one is your favourite?

Series 17's Retro Spaceman CMF (of course). :grin:

For me, I admire the figure for being Lego's best representative for the retrofuturistic aspirations of the 1930's, as nothing as come closer to such as of yet! :classic:

71018-11.jpg?201704141042

I got the Lego Oasis Ambush 5938 with the tape when i was a kid and listened to the Story of Johnny Thunder hundreds of times in my childhood. When i was 6 years old i got the Sphinx 5978... These Sets made me search for books about history. I wanted to become a archeologist, get a job in a Museum or something comparable since that time. It motivated me to get good grades to be able to study history. Now there are my final exams soon. There are no minifigures that could come anywhere near to that level of  emottional Investment i have with Joe Freeman, Prof. Articus, an Linda Lovely (thats the way Johnny Thunder, Prof. Killroy and Pippin Reed were called in the german version).

I made a lot of custom printed Minifigures to complete my collection Lego left unfinished (Simpsons and Lord of the Rings). They are the ones i am most proud of having them in my collection.

Just looking at the design i can´t really choose a fair favourite. Licenced and unlicenced Figures are a comletely different thing. If you create your own lego Knight, you can make everything perfectly fitting with the style of a minifigure from the first scratch on. Making a licence character means to transfer a existing and in most cases much more complex design into Lego. Making an Uruk-Hai or Spidermen with web printing araund the head and the red Stripes on his arms a good lego minifigure is a much bigger achievement than making a cute costume cmf. Lego Theoden in armor is a gorgeous little guy, but legs and arms without Armor don´t represent the character perfectly. that is something that stays in my head and what unlicenced figures dont have to care about. Beauce of that i would separate them in the two categories.

From the licenced minifigures i would choose Gimli and most of the dwarfs in Thorins Fellowship. The only thing that was done pretty poorly was the hairpiece of Kili used for Torin and Fili, which don´t hae quivers... The Lego Batman Movie Riddler is outstanding in my opinion with printed question marks on his Arms and the two new moulds for him. One of my favourite minifigures of all time will also be the Green Goblin from the lego studio sets. I got the one with golden Eye Patterns when i was a kid and love him till today, He is even more impressing thinking about how early he was produced.

Between the unlicenced minifigures my favourits by design are the outstandig Anubis guard, some of the costumed minifigures (GORILLA, Dragon, Elephant, Lizard, Unicorn, Giraffe), Shakespeare from the Lego Movie Series and some other historical Figures like the Caveman from Series 1. I love what they represent eaqually and they are done in perfection.

Edited by Gorilla94

Since I build industrial MOCs I only like the generic worker types. The theme based ones are not useful to me and are hard to include in models outside of the specific theme.