Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

[L14 - Yag'Dhul - CS] The Givin

*Your entry has earned 5XP*

45314026402_533fce9a21_c.jpg

Throughout the galaxy you can find all manor of inhospitable planets. Planets like Tatooine, Dathomir, or Jakku are far enough off the beaten path that you only go there if you have to. But Yag'Dhul is smack dab in the middle of two of the biggest hyperspace routes in the galaxy. Due to the gravitational forces keeping water isolated to small sections on the poles, harsh environmental conditions make it difficult for anything to survive on the planet's surface for long. The native inhabitants, the Givin, are only able to survive due to their unique exoskeletons which protect their organs. These exoskeletons give the Givin a skeleton like appearance to most humaniods. But their amazing mathematical abilities more than make up for their fearsome appearance. It is said that without the Givin, half the hyperspace routes known to sentient species would not exist.

45314026562_533fce9a21_c.jpg

I don't love the skeleton heads as Givin - I think they're probably fairly accurate based on how the Givin are described, but I just can't look at them without seeing pirate/castle skulls.  

Interesting landscape, though.  I really like the trees, and the red / orange lava pool (?) is very striking.

I dig this build. Don't know how I feel about THESE skeleton heads. To my mind, the more detailed ones would maybe have worked better.

I think I'm going to end up putting those white robot arms on my LUGBULK order because of this......  Very nice!

3 hours ago, Vedauwoo said:

I think I'm going to end up putting those white robot arms on my LUGBULK order because of this......  Very nice!

They are pretty cheap on Bricklink. Might be better to look there first instead of "wasting" a LUGBULK pick.

7 hours ago, Vedauwoo said:

my LUGBULK order

I thought that the first rule of LUGBulk was "You don't talk about LUGBulk."?

10 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

I thought that the first rule of LUGBulk was "You don't talk about LUGBulk."?

Shhhh.