Cumulonimbus

42098 Car transporter (recreation)

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

sidewalls are much lower that with panel 11 x 3; perhaps just one beam over panels to gain 2 studs overall height and not 3 studs...

2 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

I was thinking the same, looks like 2studs high to me as well instead of 11x3 panels.....

You're both right, that was one of the things I didn't correct yet.

Another question which was raised is this: the truck appears to have two knobs on the side behind the cabine to control two functions. One function will obviously be lowering the rear of the upper deck (and thus tilting it), but what could the second function be in this truck? Lowering the front of the deck (unlikely) or maybe extending ramps at the rear? Or maybe a part of the lower deck be tilted so cars can be stacked more efficiently?

In the leak image, it looks like the truck doesn't have ramps at the rear. The trailer seems to have two ramps in the rear and two ramps in the front.

17 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

In the leak image, it looks like the truck doesn't have ramps at the rear. The trailer seems to have two ramps in the rear and two ramps in the front.

Remember 8109, which had a brilliantly hidden towbar. Ramp could be done in a similar way, it is not uncommon for these types of car transporters. The lower bed sits pretty high up, so maybe there is room for an extending ramp underneath...

Interesting video showing how real car transporter works with all the moving ramps.  I wonder how much of that we will get in the Lego model

9 hours ago, Gzynek2323 said:

Interesting video showing how real car transporter works with all the moving ramps.  I wonder how much of that we will get in the Lego model

Considering it is Technic, it had better have most if not all of those features, or else I am going to sit in the corner and pout.

Strangely I was more interested in those vehicles in the background of that video. 

Edited by Johnny1360

On 2/2/2020 at 5:44 AM, Gzynek2323 said:

@Cumulonimbus I am amazed how close your rendering is to actual model

Thank you, it's an interesting exercise to try to interpret a blurry picture and compare the results of your recreation with the "correct" answer. You can learn a lot from the differences in design decisions you made compared to ones the designer of the official set made.