Elana-chan

PV-Productions failed instruction download attempts, limit reached on retry.

Hello. I just bought one of the instruction combo packs from PV-Productions for their GBC builds, and due to issues with my internet crapping out, I never got the instructions I paid for. Now it is saying " Sorry, you have reached your download limit for this file Go to shop " I have sent a message to their support team about this, but I don't know what to do if they decide to be uncooperative and say something like "how do we know you aren't just asking for extra downloads?" I paid for the instructions, I should have unlimited access to them. In my message I asked to either have the download count restored, or be issued a refund for what amounts to denial of services paid.

I did have the same problem a while ago. In my experience, just mailing the owner to explain the problem got it solved pretty quickly. 

Good luck!

46 minutes ago, Snapshot said:

Common sense also says that people who don't start off so aggressively get better results.

Normally I wouldn't press as hard, but at the price tag I paid, I expect to receive what I bought without hassle.

Just now, rener said:

I did have the same problem a while ago. In my experience, just mailing the owner to explain the problem got it solved pretty quickly. 

Good luck!

It did work, it's just difficult when you pay the kind of asking price they do, only to have an issue getting the paid product (in this case it was over 100$ USD).

1 hour ago, Elana-chan said:

Normally I wouldn't press as hard, but at the price tag I paid, I expect to receive what I bought without hassle.

To be fair, it wasn't PV-Productions causing the hassle; you already said your internet "crapped out".  I'm sure there's a reason they put a download limit on these things,  perhaps to stop user trying to sell the link to others for example.

I've never used PV-Productions myself, but they seem to be pretty well regarded and as others have said, a quick email to CS will usually sort these things out.  Presumably if you paid by PayPal you would've been covered in the event of any issues too? 

I'm not sure why they put a limit - the PDF files are locked with your email as the password and your email and purchase info included on EVERY PAGE so it would be obvious if someone was passing them around. (yes, I'm sure that the PDF DRM isn't the greatest and probably could be removed, but if someone's going to that much work, nothing is going to stop them)

1 hour ago, mostlytechnic said:

I'm not sure why they put a limit - the PDF files are locked with your email as the password and your email and purchase info included on EVERY PAGE so it would be obvious if someone was passing them around. (yes, I'm sure that the PDF DRM isn't the greatest and probably could be removed, but if someone's going to that much work, nothing is going to stop them)

This is my problem with their system more than anything, having finite downloads attached to a high price tag.

I too brought instructions on line recently and as with earlier purchases I waited for an e mail with the download link only to not receive one, so I checked the website to find the download and also as I thought the file wasn’t, downloading, I tried again only to find I had made two attempts.

Found it’s best copy the file and save iti in a different location, JIC.