TomSkippy

Need Help - Official List of Pirate Minifigures

So, I'm working on a pirate wall display for my building area. I have room for 56 pirate minifigures. By my count there are 69? different pirate minifigures. Which would you exclude and why?

Pirates I

Captain Readbeard, First Mate Rummy, Anne, Bo'Sun Will, The Monkey, Blue/White Stripe, Red/White Stripe

Governor Broadside, Bluecoat Officer, Officer w Bicorne, Soldier, Marine (from Clipper)

Pirates II

Captain Ironhook, Red/black Stripe

Admiral Woodhouse, Imperial Guard Officer, Imperial Guard Soldier, ITP/SES Merchant

King Kahuka, Islander Girl, Islander

Pirates III

Green Vest/White Shirt, Anchor Chest (brown vest), Blackjack Hawkins, Skeleton

Don Diego, Conquistador Green, Conquistador

Pirates IV

Captain Brickbeard, Red Stripe/Blue Vest, Green/White Stripe, Anchor Tatoo (brown vest), Castaway, Pirate Girl (Green), Mermaid

Admiral's Daughter, Admiral (Imp Flagship), Redcoat Officer, Redcoat Soldier, Imp Flagship Cook, Governor's Daughter

Pirates V

Brown Vest, Black/Red Strip, Red/White Stripe, Pirate Queen, Pirate Green shirt, Redbeard (2015), Pirate Cook, Pirate Boy

Governor Hacienda, Governor's Daughter, Admiral (Brick Bounty), Bluecoat Chess Queen, Bluecoat Soldier, Bluecoat Officer

CMF

Musketeer, Aztec Warrior, Ocean King, Conquistador, Thespian, Pirate Captain, Mermaid, Revolutionary Soldier, Island Warrior, William Shakespeare, Swashbuckler, Zombie Pirate, Highwayman

Note: I did NOT include POTC... I don't really have many fleshys, if you would include them, make sure to comment! Also, let me know if I forgot any minifigs!

I feel like some of the CMF you listed aren't really Piratey, Like William Shakespeare, and Thespian. I'd also get rid of Mermaids and Ocean King. Also Revolutionary Soldier and Highway man seem too land-based, but generally they fit. 

17 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

I feel like some of the CMF you listed aren't really Piratey, Like William Shakespeare, and Thespian. I'd also get rid of Mermaids and Ocean King. Also Revolutionary Soldier and Highway man seem too land-based, but generally they fit. 

I hear that... Interesting, the thespian/Shakespeare fit pretty well next to the conquistador/Armada group.

Honestly, the easiest choice might just be eliminating all the CMF figures except the scallywag pirate. That gets me right about where I need to be.

From CMF you should leave at least Scallywag Pirate, Pirate Captain, Island Warrior and the Swashbuckler, ev. Highwayman and Conquistador. Others can go.

Edited by Eggyslav

Hey, if you dont mind me asking, is this the fig you're referring to as Don Diego? I haven't seen him listed under that name before anywhere and im curious to know where you got the name from!

Edit: oh it looks like its from Soccer Mania!! Nevermind :grin:

Edited by Tazakk

19 hours ago, Tazakk said:

Hey, if you dont mind me asking, is this the fig you're referring to as Don Diego? I haven't seen him listed under that name before anywhere and im curious to know where you got the name from!

Edit: oh it looks like its from Soccer Mania!! Nevermind :grin:

Funny thing, I didn’t really know where I got that from, but I was SURE that was his name: Don Diego de Lego.

I found this:

https://lego.fandom.com/wiki/The_Admiral

Apparently there was a contest between Don Diego and Cannonball Córdoba, no winner announced. I think I read that magazine issue as a child and decided his name was Don Diego.

On 2/6/2019 at 5:49 AM, Eggyslav said:

From CMF you should leave at least Scallywag Pirate, Pirate Captain, Island Warrior and the Swashbuckler, ev. Highwayman and Conquistador. Others can go.

That’s a good list, and I like the CMF picks. Right now, I’m waiting on a couple of figures to arrive (Governor Broadside’s face and Governors Daughter), once they’re here I’ll line them up and see which don’t fit... some of the CMF may have a little more detail or different colors, maybe some from the first pirates (one of the 3 striped shirt pirates, bicorne bluecoat, or marines from CC might get cut)

I think I’ve narrowed down to 62 figures, I’ll need to cut it to 56.

Interesting note: Shakespeare, thespian, and conquistador go REALLY well with the Imperial Armada, I always wished that line was more fleshed out.