• 3857 - DRAIDA BAY
    • 7950 - KNIGHT'S SHOWDOWN
    • 6046 - HEMLOCK STRONGHOLD
    • 8876 - SCORPION PRISON CAVE
    • 1752 - BOAT WITH ARMOR
    • 6103 - CASTLE MINIFIGURES
    • 852922 - BATTLEPACK DRAGON KNIGHTS
    • 10193 - MEDIEVAL MARKET VILLAGE

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/16/19 at 01:16 PM

Medieval Market Village was a perfect set size for what it gives, I do hope for a similar set sometime in the future.

I don't mind that they used open backs for the buildings.

Many IDEAS submissions related to Castle Village are simply too huge.

Edited by TeriXeri

I see someone voted for 6103 Castle Minifigures.  It's a great set.  I had a couple of them as a kid.  But Medieval Market Village is just a great all-around set, whereas this was just minifigures.  That said, I do miss the days where you could buy a box of 6 minifigures with accessories.

This was so tough between 6046 Hemlock Stronghold and 10193 Medieval Market Village.

I went with 10193 because there's just so much more to it and one thing that Castle lacks is everyday life buildings.

@Marghal @Henry Bricklider ?

@leafan The Medieval Market Village was a no-brainer and had my vote. I like both buildings and the civilian life. The set actually served as Hogsmeade for my Harry Potter sets in 2009 and 2010

Just now, Henry Bricklider said:

@leafan The Medieval Market Village was a no-brainer and had my vote. I like both buildings and the civilian life. The set actually served as Hogsmeade for my Harry Potter sets in 2009 and 2010

Wow you're lucky to have this. I don't and it goes for a small fortune these days.

16 minutes ago, leafan said:

Wow you're lucky to have this. I don't and it goes for a small fortune these days.

I wish I could say I kept in great condition but regrettably it is scattered across the dozens of buckets of bricks I have and some of the stickers are gone :sad:

4 minutes ago, Henry Bricklider said:

I wish I could say I kept in great condition but regrettably it is scattered across the dozens of buckets of bricks I have and some of the stickers are gone :sad:

You're hurting me Henry lol

Just now, leafan said:

You're hurting me Henry lol

Maybe one day I’ll rebuild it. I rebuilt the 10197 Fire Brigade a few years back, this one couldn’t be as difficult as that was.

I voted for MMV.  I really wish I had gotten one.  It has very nice buildings and some nice figs and of course the cow.  

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:35 PM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Yes it will be also.
So it has 2x chances to win :D

Hey can anyone break this tie so we avoid a supplementary round? :D

Very interesting. Thank you for answering.

As for this round I have to go with the Medieval Market Village. Beautiful unique set, especially cool considering its now 10 years old. This was my favorite set of 2009, and my 2nd favorite set of the 2000's. Definitely going to be a strong contender for the ultimate winner I would imagine.

6 hours ago, leafan said:

This was so tough between 6046 Hemlock Stronghold and 10193 Medieval Market Village.

I liked Hemlock Stronghold as well, but it just wasn't a good enough set all around when it came time to make a decision.

8 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

As for this round I have to go with the Medieval Market Village. Beautiful unique set, especially cool considering its now 10 years old. This was my favorite set of 2009, and my 2nd favorite set of the 2000's. Definitely going to be a strong contender for the ultimate winner I would imagine.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it win the whole thing, it's a fantastic set.

Some of the last few rounds have been difficult, as they have included a lot of iconic sets I don't own along with smaller (and in many ways unimpressive) sets I do own... I've tended to lean toward the sets I do own as it's harder to accurately judge the sets I don't own.  But this round was super easy.  I own Medieval Market Village and it is one of the most amazing Castle sets ever made.  So finally, this round was an easy choice for me!  There are a few other sets from recent years which I like equally or a little bit more that haven't shown up yet, but I think MMV is one of the top contenders for this contest.

23 hours ago, x105Black said:

I see someone voted for 6103 Castle Minifigures.  It's a great set.  I had a couple of them as a kid.  But Medieval Market Village is just a great all-around set, whereas this was just minifigures.  That said, I do miss the days where you could buy a box of 6 minifigures with accessories.

MMV is amazing, no doubts about it. But I had a great memories from when I got my 6103 byck in 1980's and I played all the Robin Hood and Ivanhoe stories. I know that objectively speaking this is not a great set (rather tiny one, hehe...), but the plyaing possibilities and the nostalgia factor overwhelmed my reason. :-)
Also, it's kinda funny how the randomness of our game works, and once you acknowledge that there will be big sets competing with small ones, I'm willing to support the underdog.
A small note,: I think that lego could have had thrown a few pieces into these boxes (even though this would defeat the purpose of "minifigs only" set), just a pair green plates the size of the set's box and a few small bricks so that we've got a terrain to fight on. But nvm, it's still my beloved set, and I still got those dudes. Wait, my kids have them. :-D

10193 - MEDIEVAL MARKET VILLAGE - easy pick for me this time. Nice set to build around a Castle. It can't be all walls and knights.