teos

ucs scale between falcon and TIE

I have the 10179 Falcon and wondered if the ucs TIE 75095 was built to a comparable scale.   My falcon is on efferman's stand and pondered what a scene it might make with a TIE chasing it and maybe some other details.  Thanks!

It is not. The UCS Falcon, Slave I and Imperial Shuttle are (theoretically) minifig-scale. The TIE, X-Wing, Y-Wing, Snowspeeder, etc. are larger than minifig-scale, by varying degrees... generally ranging from ~125% to ~200%. Capital ships are much smaller than minifig scale, of course.

I think the System scale xwings are almost the same scale as the ucs falcon.

the tie fighter are all too big except maybe the last 4+?

I'd go with the most recent System scale TIE (the Solo one). Probably as close as you'll get. I have it but it's not yet built so I can't take a photo to show the size comparison.

I'm a minifig-scale only collector so I have the UCS Falcon sat alongside the most recent System scale X-Wing, Y-Wing and a couple of A-Wings and it looks great. Just got the UCS Shuttle (not built yet) as I'm aiming for a Home One Hangar scene from ROTJ in mini-fig scale. :-)

In flight mode I'm thinking the Shuttle will look awesome flanked either side by a TIE-Fighter.

Edited by stevej

If you’re wanting a minifig scale Tie Fighter, purchase the instructions for Jerac’s version. I made 2 plus the Tie Advanced for eventual display.

44921586885_af7dce34f2_b.jpg