[GoC] Northern Garrison

Today, mayor Richard Brickford was making the trek up to one of the garrisons of the Quinnsville Fusiliers. It was located on a northern section of what is known as the Fist. Richard was going up to meet with the garrison commander.

32035376227_abefe7caeb_b.jpg

The mayor was accompanied by a few regulars that were heading up to relieve the currently stationed regulars.

46924502582_af81b6229d_b.jpg

The men were cooking up a fine lunch of roasted fish before they would accompany the mayor back into town.

32035375817_9e7e1bbee1_b.jpg

Up on the roof, a roofer was replacing a few damaged shingles. Island weather can be rough on building at times.

46924501562_7d2c26df96_b.jpg

The Garrison commander was happy to see the mayor and even happier to report that everything was operating smoothly in the Northern reaches of Quinnsville.

40011866723_5c1678286e_b.jpg

-------------------------------------

Interior pics in the spoiler!

My second entry for the Redcoats Rule! GoC project. I had quite a lot of fun building this one. This is a first time for the roof design and angled building style for me. C&C are welcome and apprecieated and thanks for looking!

@Bregir @Ayrlego @Captain Dee @SilentWolf

Edited by LM71Blackbird

This is a fun build...  I like that the roof is being redone and there's is other action to see.   I do wish the brick bricks were red though to match the prefab walls. 

A very classic pirates vibe here! Nice job with the roof repairs, the details there really add a lot to the scene, especially that open case with the tools. That roof technique is quite effective as well. I also like that the brick built door is functioning. Mine are usually permanently shut! Lots of great details all round :thumbup: from me.

Suggestions for improvement; If you had them, some wedges could make the base edges look a little less square and I am a big fan of tiles for the wooden floors - but I understand you are working with a limited collection? I feel the landscaping is definitely on the right track, although if you have more smaller plates then making the path (which is very good as is) a lower level than the surrounding greens would make sense.

7 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

This is a fun build...  I like that the roof is being redone and there's is other action to see.   I do wish the brick bricks were red though to match the prefab walls. 

Thank you! I wish I had darker red masonry bricks as well! I've only got the ones from the forest police station though.

3 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

A very classic pirates vibe here! Nice job with the roof repairs, the details there really add a lot to the scene, especially that open case with the tools. That roof technique is quite effective as well. I also like that the brick built door is functioning. Mine are usually permanently shut! Lots of great details all round :thumbup: from me.

Suggestions for improvement; If you had them, some wedges could make the base edges look a little less square and I am a big fan of tiles for the wooden floors - but I understand you are working with a limited collection? I feel the landscaping is definitely on the right track, although if you have more smaller plates then making the path (which is very good as is) a lower level than the surrounding greens would make sense.

Thanks! I'm glad that I was able to convey that classic look!

I may have enough tiles in brown to tile a small floor like this... Landscaping is something that I find fun, but just don't have near the pieces I would want for it!

You have a :thumbup: from me. 

The build is well done with new techniques showing and minifigures and animals well posed. I enjoy the action and well placed elements throughout. The short palm tree is a nice touch. 

Ayrlego has already given some great suggestions for improvement. On the palisade, I prefer either to tile the top or if you want to go with a rough cut design, try small round 1x1 bricks on top to simulate cut wood (tn works well for this). 

40 minutes ago, SilentWolf said:

You have a :thumbup: from me. 

The build is well done with new techniques showing and minifigures and animals well posed. I enjoy the action and well placed elements throughout. The short palm tree is a nice touch. 

Ayrlego has already given some great suggestions for improvement. On the palisade, I prefer either to tile the top or if you want to go with a rough cut design, try small round 1x1 bricks on top to simulate cut wood (tn works well for this). 

Thanks! I'm glad that some improvement is showing!

I'll definitely take the suggestions for my next build.

It's a nice build! As said, the angle on the house really makes a difference. I've been thinking about doing it myself, but havn't got around to it. The technique for the roof is seems innovative, I will probably steal it in the future. You did a great job av matching the brick sticker to the right of the door with the brickpice, too bad the colours aren't the excact same! I think the palisade is a very clever way to naturally cut off the build. 

As others have said the presentation with all the details, figure posing and tools lying around makes the scene come alive!

On 2/5/2019 at 8:32 AM, Flavius Gratian said:

It's a nice build! As said, the angle on the house really makes a difference. I've been thinking about doing it myself, but havn't got around to it. The technique for the roof is seems innovative, I will probably steal it in the future. You did a great job av matching the brick sticker to the right of the door with the brickpice, too bad the colours aren't the excact same! I think the palisade is a very clever way to naturally cut off the build. 

As others have said the presentation with all the details, figure posing and tools lying around makes the scene come alive!

Thank you!