DarthsDonuts54

Building Technique Input

The simplest thing is probably to technic axles in there - 2L for the 1x1 bricks, and longer for the 2x1x6 bricks - as long as the sections will just rest one on top of the other and not have to resist any tension forces.

sorry, I mean the 2x1x5 bricks; just hit the wrong key.

If they're trans clear then technic axles through the tall bricks won't work! Then reorganize as follows:

screen_shot_2019-02-03_at_12.37.14_am.pn

If you're looking for a solution where you can stick everything together with studs so that the frame is flush, it will be much bulkier. It looks like you're building a wall to set this in, so that might be tractable.

My suggestion was similar to @TimeCruiser's above, but with brackets that are 2 studs wide instead of 1x1, since they are more common. Either way, you'd have to build them off to the side or front, though, but I think you'll find that's the case no matter what. You can always add something decorative there, or hide them behind an adjoining wall section.

Another idea is to put a 1x1 modified plate  4081b.png

at the end of each pillar (four total) and hold the side studs together with a 1x2 tile. The side studs won't be an exact stud width apart, but since the 1x2 can span odd gaps it shouldn't be a problem. You might need to put a 1x1 plate on the underside of one set of modified plates so they don't bow out. Again, you'd need to build it off to the side and hide it.

13 hours ago, TimeCruiser said:

You could use 2 of part 36840 or 2 of part 36841 facing away from each other and a 1x2 plate and 1x2 tile connecting the hollow studs. 

This would end up with a portion that isn't flush with the rest of the frame - as @rodiziorobs points out, this would be an opportunity to make a decorative detail.

Here is a photo of what I had in mind using the 2 stud wide equivalent bracket 99781.20190204_170900.jpg

I encountered a slight bowing also, which was more pronounced with 3 plates than with 1 brick between the brackets.

Yeah new 1x1 brackets as TimeCruisers wrote (DBG ones are only upwards though, or headlight bricks instread. You should definitely replace 4 of the front bricks by 1x4 plate & tile, attaching 2 (or more) headlight bricks.I would even go for a 1x6 tile to have it more smooth in-between the arches.

So instead of 6 bricks in the front you'd have 1 headlight + 2* 1x1 plates + 1 headlight + 1x1 plate, on each side. And you hold both by 1x6 plate+1x6 tile, with 4* 1x1 plates to extend the headlights.

Edited by anothergol