Henjin_Quilones

Avalonia Mini-Challenge: Game of Thrones

I love how the two voters so far voted exactly opposite. :laugh: :rofl:

@Faladrin and @kahir88, you did it perfectly! Though for future voters, there is no reason that you have to give reasons for your votes, unless you want to. If you just want to type four names, that works. If you want to give an explanation to try to avoid any possible hard feelings, you can do that too. 

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

haha I must admit, this is kind of exciting :laugh: So, after sleeping on it, I've decided to adopt the same reasoning for each match-up, which I'll put in a spoiler for those who want to read. And my votes below.

Spoiler

For the sake of semplicity (and also because it makes sense), I've decided to simply assess each time which character I like better in the role of ruler, which means his/her features and background story are more important than the build itself. The latter I've taken/I will take into account only in case it's very hard to decide. Now at this point I told myself, well if I put it like that, my own entry it's obviously gonna have the advantage (which is probably true, though there is one other entry that I think might fit better than my own), so I was gonna make a point of not voting for myself. But then I saw other people doing it and wondered, well why shouldn't I, after all? :laugh:

So, basing - virtually solely - on my congeniality towards the characters (yes, I believe Avalonia needs discontinuity in its administration!), my votes are as follow:

@Faladrin

@Henjin_Quilones

@Grover

@en_zoo

We're supposed to vote for the longest story, right? lol (J/K)

I am with @en_zoo in that I am basing my choices on storyline, in particular on how open-ended the story and character are.  I also am partial to having an elven connection with characters.  This has been a hard choice, as there are a lot of great builds and stories, so no one should be offended--everyone has done a fantastic job!  Thus, my choices:

@Faladrin

@dalle

@Grover (I mean, really, are we not going to vote for ourselves?)

@en_zoo

Also, I would like to inform everyone of the late entry challenger to the throne (and a total joke entry, so have a good laugh):

Edited by Grover

The Donkey is back from a flue, and what a pack of wonderful vignettes can be found here?! Thats really a hard choice. As it seems, the hardest contest - based on the number of active competitors - is stuck within the 1st quarter of the bracket...and unfortunately thats my own quarter :laugh:

I have to state that every contribution earns to become king. But as I have to decide between them, here is the vote of the Donkeys jury:

@derEselausErgste

@Henjin_Quilones

@TheLordOfBricks

@kahir88

May the Best become King. And may the Rest of us cheer our new King!

So everyone votes for their own entrys...??

Feels like a quote from Tywin is in its place

”Any man who must say I’m the king is no true king!”

1 minute ago, de Gothia said:

I have to admit You might be right. Perhaps it would have been a good idea to ban votes within ones own couple - but such ideas are less useful when declaimed after the voting had been done, so I have to apologize for

10 minutes ago, de Gothia said:

. On the other hand: a coming King should feel confident to be the right nominee - and he should fight for his confidence...as long as we are not going to start a new civil war...

25 minutes ago, de Gothia said:

Well, yes, unless you don't think you deserve to win the matchup. The ideal would be for lots of Avalonians, not just those with a character entered, to vote, thus negating to some degree the personal bias. I like to think of it like democratic elections: surely a politician going to vote does not vote for his or her opponents, but casts a ballot for him- or herself, right? So why not here?

Hopefully this doesn't happen, but what's the procedure in the case of a tie?  It might be good to figure that out now before voting closes.

I guess I should have put in a emoji in my last post. Not meaning to point any fingers. 

But de Gothia will not vote for his entry. He will put down his vote in that case.:classic:

I’m concerned that there are so few votes in this thread!! Avalonians, vote for your next king!

The question now becomes, O Avalonians, do you wish for a king who thinks he should be king or for a king who thinks some other king could maybe do the king thing better?

:look:

It really is kind of a difficult question. :grin:

Very sorry I was not able to participate in this challenge just a busy time for us. The reality is I made my peace knowing I couldn't enter all things.

But happy to pull my duty and vote.

Votes below:

@derEselausErgste

@Henjin_Quilones

@ Grover

Carry on fellow avalonians

On 3/3/2019 at 2:14 PM, Grover said:

Hopefully this doesn't happen, but what's the procedure in the case of a tie?  It might be good to figure that out now before voting closes.

I'll think of a number between 1 and 100, share it with a fellow Avalonian (perhaps @de Gothia since he is not involved in this round), the two builders will guess, and whoever is closest wins. If it is my entry involved with a tie, then @Grover will pick the number. Either that, or I flip a coin. Or other suggestions are welcomed, too. 

My votes:

@Faladrin 

@Henjin_Quilones 

@TheLordOfBricks 

@kahir88

But all the entries were great!

Alright, the first round of voting is done. By my count (and people can please verify if I am correct), the scores came to:

@Faladrin 4, @derEselausErgste 8

@Henjin_Quilones 9, @dalle 3

@Grover 4, @TheLordOfBricks 8

@en_zoo 8, @kahir88 3

That means that derEselausErgste, TheLordOfBricks, en_zoo, and I move on to the next round. The updated bracket is here:

46606775904_2404cb5ff6_c.jpg

There are only two match-ups to vote on this round, however, due to the oddities of the participation in the bracket. So please cast your votes by Friday, March 15th, between the following candidates:

@derEselausErgste (Sir Alan FitzAlan, Earl, Baron, etc...) vs. @Servertijd (Lord Wilfred Sigurd of Oxenfurt)

@TheLordOfBricks (Lord Halgreld of Eldford) vs. @de Gothia (Lord de Gothia)

Waiting to know their competition:

@The Last of Nergoue (Sir Sarrath) (still...)

@Henjin_Quilones (Lord Cinnatus)

@en_zoo (Half-elf King and Queen)

Edited by Henjin_Quilones