39838926293_19c01e9af8_c.jpg

Here's my newest Discworld build, bust of current Archchancellor of Unseen Univeristy, Mustrum Ridcully. I've built the character in normal scale couple of times, and this bust project is rather old too - it began in autumn 2016 and was on top of a self for over two years... But when I moved recently, I decided to finally finish it, as it looked quite promising. Here's the results. I'm particularly pleased with the facial features and the expression. The beard is bit plain, but it was a conscious choice to reduce the visual noice on the model - it's a large creation, after all. As on the reference books, the hat as couple of drawers to hold fishing hooks and stuff, and there are few hand-tied lure flies stuck to it.

More photos and stuff on Cyclopic Bricks.

The face is amazingly well done. I agree with your decision to not have too much going on in the beard and distract from the marvelous facial expression you achieved.

Once again, your Discworld builds are impressive. The plain beard looks like a conscious choice, but even so some details like the whiskers are very well put together. The simple nature of it really does serve to not overload/overwhelm the build, and the expression in the face is just amazing. Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Such a fine bust here.  The mass, form, color balance, texture, studded/smooth balance, shapes of the beard, hat, nose, eyes, etc., are all perfect.

I am not familiar with the source material, but this looks perfect. 

Nice shapes and use of flag pieces in his clothing.