Sign in to follow this  
Servertijd

Avalonia Book III Task I, Oxenfurt, "Outpost Booth"

Hi all,

I recently joined GOH, under the green banner of Avalonia, I introduced my sigfig there with a small backstory. It's time to develop this story as it goes on.

"Robert Sigurd is the son of Wilfred Sigurd they are a noble family that lives nearby Albion.

They have a small piece of land which is called Oxenfurt.

Oxenfurt is rich of small little farms, dense forests and small outposts, where their man keeps guard over the land.

46958517281_0cc9e5c23e_b.jpgOxenfurt Outpost Booth Avalonia by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

They traveled to one of their oldest outposts, “Outpost Booth” (named after one of their strongest fighter ever lived).

It is located deep in one of the forests in Oxenfurt.

This outpost recruited a freshly new batallion today .

Robert and his father got invited to see how they are coming along.

46234021574_d245d86a1c_b.jpgOxenfurt Outpost Booth Avalonia inside by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

Captain Hamar, who is commander of the Outpost welcomes the family Sigurd and shows them the new batallion.

46958516921_b48e3b49b9_b.jpgOxenfurt Outpost booth Captain Hamar by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

Robert (on the left) and Wilfred (on the right) seems to be pleased with their new men.

46234020224_6737df41d1_b.jpgOXenfurt Outpost Booth Robert Sigurd and Wilfred Sigurd by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

Outpost Booth needed new men as many of their soldiers died due sickness.

What kind of disease this was has never been found out. but one thing is sure, it is gone.

Along with Robert and Wilfred traveled Wilfred’s bodyguard, Tore.

He is not much of a talker. He observes and acts if needed."

46234021134_8756e8d5a8_b.jpgOxenfurt Outpost Booth Bodyguard Tore by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

So this was my first task, some of the millitairy in Oxenfurt located nearby Albion in Avalonia.

Hope you guys like it :)

Edited by Servertijd

A great first GoH MOC, good job on the arch in particular and on the irregular base too!

I love this MOC! I liked the transition from pebbles on the path outside the wall to many stones on the path inside the wall.

Very nice texture on the walls and irregular base. Nice minifigs too. Looking forward to seeing more from you in the future.

I like the landscaping around the wall with the grass and different plant pieces.  Nice wall, I like the texturing with the use of 1x1 rounds and tiles.  I also like the touch of green in the wall.  The pathway is nice too.  Figs look good, I like the guy looking down from the top of the wall.  

Very nice!  I really like this section of wall.  It's nice to see a section of something that could be a town wall, and realistic at that--the open back of the wall walk looks great, and the wall has enough texture to look like it's been there a while (especially with the olive green) while not being overly textured to the point of distraction.  I think you hit a great balance here.  I see a number of walls out there that would be great in a fantasy painting but would be realistically useless in real life, providing no defense to the soldiers, and yours is not that at all; it's very realistic and could defend the soldiers easily.  The color choices and irregular base are superb, and I like the use of the whips as a climbing vine on the trees.  The story is nice, building up, and if you wanted to, you could tie the disease that killed the men into the plague that happened in Book II if it was not super-recent or you have another idea for it:

(Scroll down to the Chapter 3 post)

Awesome work!  I look forward to seeing more of your builds!

On 2/2/2019 at 4:21 PM, Kai NRG said:

A great first GoH MOC, good job on the arch in particular and on the irregular base too!

Thanks!

On 2/2/2019 at 4:42 PM, KevinyWu said:

I love this MOC! I liked the transition from pebbles on the path outside the wall to many stones on the path inside the wall.

Thank you :)!

On 2/2/2019 at 5:39 PM, Muakhah said:

Very nice texture on the walls and irregular base. Nice minifigs too. Looking forward to seeing more from you in the future.

Thanks! I hope my next moc will be up soon, I want that hamlet status as soon as possible lol.

On 2/2/2019 at 6:52 PM, derEselausErgste said:

Sooo lovely!

Thank you!

19 hours ago, zoth33 said:

I like the landscaping around the wall with the grass and different plant pieces.  Nice wall, I like the texturing with the use of 1x1 rounds and tiles.  I also like the touch of green in the wall.  The pathway is nice too.  Figs look good, I like the guy looking down from the top of the wall.  

Thanks Zoth, much appreciated.

17 hours ago, Grover said:

Very nice!  I really like this section of wall.  It's nice to see a section of something that could be a town wall, and realistic at that--the open back of the wall walk looks great, and the wall has enough texture to look like it's been there a while (especially with the olive green) while not being overly textured to the point of distraction.  I think you hit a great balance here.  I see a number of walls out there that would be great in a fantasy painting but would be realistically useless in real life, providing no defense to the soldiers, and yours is not that at all; it's very realistic and could defend the soldiers easily.  The color choices and irregular base are superb, and I like the use of the whips as a climbing vine on the trees.  The story is nice, building up, and if you wanted to, you could tie the disease that killed the men into the plague that happened in Book II if it was not super-recent or you have another idea for it:

(Scroll down to the Chapter 3 post)

Awesome work!  I look forward to seeing more of your builds!

Thanks! I have read it and it could work indeed!

Cool start, Jesse! Lovely wall texture, good use of the 'cheese arch' and nice base. I'm also surprised at how well dark green goes with medium dark flesh - I need to try that combo myself! Oh and now I understand why Rohan soldiers are so rare.. ! :laugh:

Very nice outpost, mate, love that arch there!  The moss in the wall is great, and both the vegetation and your soldiers are excellent too :classic:  Great job!

Great start!! The moc is lovely with the wall and texture. The photos are also really good on the overall shots. The closeups on the figs could use some more light. 

On 2/4/2019 at 9:15 PM, en_zoo said:

Cool start, Jesse! Lovely wall texture, good use of the 'cheese arch' and nice base. I'm also surprised at how well dark green goes with medium dark flesh - I need to try that combo myself! Oh and now I understand why Rohan soldiers are so rare.. ! :laugh:

Thanks mate, much appreciated! This is just a small collection of those soldiers to be fairly honest lol...did cost me a kidney lol.

On 2/8/2019 at 5:23 PM, Garmadon said:

Very nice outpost, mate, love that arch there!  The moss in the wall is great, and both the vegetation and your soldiers are excellent too :classic:  Great job!

Thank you very much!

4 hours ago, de Gothia said:

Great start!! The moc is lovely with the wall and texture. The photos are also really good on the overall shots. The closeups on the figs could use some more light. 

Thanks! I got lazy on editing the last pictures of those minifigs :p.

I like this build quite a bit, especially the use of color. As others have said, your use of texture is tasteful and restrained, lending realism but not overdoing it. My main critique is that the olive green in the wall, though a great color, is a bit too regular to be believable as moss or lichen. Perhaps having a clump of it near the base, with some SNOT 1x2 tiles to add a rough texture, would be good, or just clustering it a bit more rather than dispersing it so evenly. That said, it's a great first build in GoH, and I'm glad you chose my guild!

Welcome to the Guilds, and s beautiful first build! The wall and figs are well done, but my favorite part is the greenery. I always like to see the mushrooms, and I especially like the use of the whips and brown flex tube in your plant techniques. Great work!

Lovely stone wall with an excellent gateway included :thumbup: Some doors or gates inside or behind the arch would be a nice addition.
Excellent irregular base landscape too!