Sign in to follow this  
anatolich

[MOC] Kenworth Australian Road Train

Hello!

Some time ago I finished very ''small'' MOC. The idea was to built unusual semi-truck and the choise fell on the australian truck with long sleeper.

45892114911_b47e07b7a2_b.jpg

Features:

• 10x6 drive and fake V8 engine - 4L motors
  • 2 axle steering and steering whell - Servo motor
  • Fifth wheel - broken Servo motor (it can`t return to center)
  • Pneumatic pump - M motor
  • Pneumatic switch to trailers - M motor (this function is usless, I don`t know why I did it)

Dimensions:

• Lenght - 2.5m
  • Widht - 19 studs
  • Height - 23cm
  • Weight - 8.5kg

More fotos:

45892143291_b29f54ddb5_b.jpg

44075741650_ffa749d3e5_b.jpg

44075816900_f0cc251fa9_b.jpg

44075864010_bc2c374643_b.jpg

44075894280_68bcbd866c_b.jpg

45168228754_6d1b279efe_b.jpg

32021208728_92fb172ce2_b.jpg

30953221467_5802d3bcfd_b.jpg

44075833400_385c986d6f_b.jpg

32021198988_519ae84b7b_b.jpg

In start of December I went with this model to Robotex International.

And of course some fotos from the event:

46897883852_4381b5f30e_b.jpg

46949948801_a4e6e400f2_b.jpg

46897868842_27fbd85960_b.jpg

46035918555_d8c1c2d2a9_b.jpg

46949953331_2f143375e8_b.jpg

46949951891_2a4b4658cf_b.jpg

46949950241_43f7d9e3d5_b.jpg

46897873582_03ec5da495_b.jpg

After event I took the truck apart, but trailers are still assembled.

Sorry, for mistakes and short discription, I can learn english only at school.

You are welcome to ask questions:)

Hope you like it!

Edited by anatolich

It is very long model and details look very good except one minor issue; fake engine with axles and not pistons is not my primary choice. Width is perfect for 1:16.5 scale and also tires fit in perfectly :thumbup:

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

It is very long model and details look very good except one minor issue; fake engine with axles and not pistons is not my primary choice. Width is perfect for 1:16.5 scale and also tires fit in perfectly :thumbup:

I see it very differently.  The fake engine block molds for the piston-size elements is a mold that we have seen unchanged for like 20, 25 years?  They only allow for engines to be built at a gargantuan scale and frankly I am getting bored of the same elements.  I love these new smaller engines. Allows for smaller scaled builds with still some fake-engine details. 

About the build.  Exceptional job.  I see you took it apart.  No!!!!  Did you make a video before doing so?  I see that you are a new member.  If no video, in the future consider this  -  a video on this wonderful build would really bring additional attention to it.  POSITIVE attention  :grin:  We would have loved to see the functions. 

6 hours ago, anatolich said:

Some time ago I finished very ''small'' MOC.

Please don't ever make a "big" MOC. The Earth will fall down to the moon :laugh:

Jokes aside, mind-blowing build !

11 minutes ago, M_longer said:

Are there Kenworths made like that? With very long sleeper and an axle under it?

There are trucks with even longer sleeper in USA, but they are whithout axle under the sleeper.

In Australia you can see trucks like that:

pYJEk1lJV6k.jpg

So this truck is somthing average between American and Australian trucks

Edit: just found American truck with axle under the sleeper

oj-aTi5W9PA.jpg

Edited by anatolich

17 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

I see it very differently.  The fake engine block molds for the piston-size elements is a mold that we have seen unchanged for like 20, 25 years?  They only allow for engines to be built at a gargantuan scale and frankly I am getting bored of the same elements.  I love these new smaller engines. Allows for smaller scaled builds with still some fake-engine details.

IMHO it is wired to have engine with axles going up and down, and still existing fake engine elements (as you correctly mentioned that are some 20+ years available) are more realistic; perhaps I'm to much pain in the a...

...but I agree that we need new engine parts, perhaps Lego should make new block (and smaller pistons) for 3 and 4 cylinders to make possible inline 3,4 and 6 cylinder engines, V/flat 6,8,12 and 16 cylinder engine, H 12, 24 engine etc (even in my mocs that are 1:15 I have to make varies compromises to fit inline 6 engine)

15 hours ago, anatolich said:

There are trucks with even longer sleeper in USA, but they are whithout axle under the sleeper.

In Australia you can see trucks like that:

So this truck is somthing average between American and Australian trucks

Edit: just found American truck with axle under the sleeper

You will never see an Australian Road Train like that, Sorry Mate The max length rules apply.

The closest you would see of this style of truck would be Heavy Haulage Australia. and even then they only run a single trailer.  

Tri drives are used a lot in the northern territory for hauling side dump triples or quad's.

The black K200 photo you have is Photo shopped , (Looks good but is a total Photoshop job ).

However I can still appreciate you built a truck in your style ( Kenworth W900 US Style ) with at least 95% of it being technic

Your side tip trailer is neat and you have some great ideas on your goose / stepped neck trailer..

As for everyone bitching about the engine, your not going to fit a realistic engine under the hood and even legoornot2legos truck engines are static brick builds at least he tried to make a v8 (Cat 3408) and make it move. 

4 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

You will never see an Australian Road Train like that, Sorry Mate The max length rules apply.

So, there is limit on truck lenght?

I know that road train limitation exist, but I never heard about truck lenght limit.

Edited by anatolich

I comment this theme last year, why you decided to public it here only now?

Edited by Aleh

Just now, Aleh said:

I comment this time last year, why you decided to public it here only now?

I'm very lazy:)

Also because I wanted to post it here with fotos from event, but I received them only on this week (I haven't my own camera)

12 hours ago, anatolich said:

I'm very lazy:)

Also because I wanted to post it here with fotos from event, but I received them only on this week (I haven't my own camera)

:thumbup:

11 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

That is an amazing MOC. Not only does it look really accurate but you've got tons of amazing details!

I can't wait to see more from you.

True! Some kind of video will be very appreciated!

Thank you for your kind words!

I have some videos, but they are not in very good quality

Also I found some fotos showing what was inside the model:

Jor3XcbU72Y.jpg

tPLN8NrNlpE.jpg

lFhGygpgHnc.jpg

hgDLExO1yZQ.jpg

Finally, some interesting facts about this model:

• I started this MOC on 23rd June and placed last parts on 23rd October, so building took exactly 4 months
  • This is my second MOC, second truck and second Kenworth
  • I started my first MOC on 15th December 2017, this model was disassembled on 15th December 2018

Hope you like it!

The best LEGO Kenworth I’ve seen, the cab and hood are proportioned very well. W900s have a distinctive shape and you nailed it.