Do you think you'll buy the box and it will have nothing inside except a note saying that they couldn't afford to put the bricks in it?

33 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Do you think you'll buy the box and it will have nothing inside except a note saying that they couldn't afford to put the bricks in it?

:laugh: Maybe if you buy it from Camp Nou itself - I know that 10234 Sydney Opera House was available at the real place, and the same for Tower Bridge.

3 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

It’s so boring I really don’t understand

These sets are built for their looks and not the experience.  Owning the Taj Mahal, that's something I know very well!  But it's worth it with the stunning results you get.

20 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

These sets are built for their looks and not the experience.  Owning the Taj Mahal, that's something I know very well!  But it's worth it with the stunning results you get.

I guess- it’s just a stadium, though. The Taj Mahal looks amazing. 

52 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

I guess- it’s just a stadium, though. The Taj Mahal looks amazing. 

Beg to differ. The latest shrunken Taj looks meh.

As for sports stadiums, they are often described as modern-day cathedrals for loyal supporters. 

Dude the timing!

The GWP set for the stadium is called "FC Barcelona Celebration".... and it leaked today, the day all the Barcelona fans are crying

LMAO

First official thing for the Camp Nou set - a ‘coming soon’ Instagram post.

The FC Barcelona GWP has also been leaked on shop.lego.com Australia, as shown by Brickset.

40485 FC Barcelona Celebration 

18+

178 pieces

The assumed date of release is September 1st due to leakage makes sense, and accords with the recent post by Lego on Instagram.

Camp Nou has just been officially announced and is available now from shop.lego.com.  It looks beautiful - it's a more desirable set than Old Trafford in my opinion, and they're only charging £50 more for 1600 extra pieces - the set has 5509 pieces, placing it at number 8 in a list of Largest LEGO Sets ever - 5 of the top 10 have been released since 1st January 2020, namely World Map (1), Colosseum (2), Ninjago City Gardens (6), Diagon Alley (7), and Camp Nou (8).

On 8/7/2021 at 7:58 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

I wouldn't say it's for the looks - I don't think as a relative outsider there's anything particularly special about Camp Nou or Old Trafford architecturally speaking, especially compared to Wembley (new or old!) or the Olympiastadion in Berlin. It's a collectible for fans of the club. Not my cup of tea but perfectly all right.

Three stadiums in three years? Wow, they sure seem to be taking the Landmarks subtheme by storm - they're releasing at a much quicker rate than the other, more general Landmarks sets like the Colosseum, Big Ben and Sydney Opera House. I wonder how well they are selling, though. They don't seem to be very popular in online discussions, but of course that's not necessarily representative of sales numbers.

Interesting to see that the stadium is being rebuilt. I have no interest in the set, but I would nevertheless prefer to see the 'old' building, just because it seems to have more potential for a detailed facade. It would be strange to see the 'new' building being made, since it is so sleek that making it larger than the standard Architecture scale would not add much to what could be achieved with LEGO bricks, IMO.

Entirely predictable. These stadiums’ release schedule clearly show they have been in development at the same time, just at different stages. Next up, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Juventus etc.

When you realise that these are the biggest clubs in the world, both commercially and in terms of support, with adult fans easily spending €350 for a single ticket and travel without a second’s hesitation, then the market seems obvious to LEGO.

Only problem is these things are so large (and incredibly boring to build) that they are almost impossible to display as usual, unless you have a very understanding wife or a dedicated LEGO room.

3 hours ago, Bricker Create said:

Is Santiago Bernabéu – Real Madrid (10299) coming in March?

https://www.renaud-bray.com/Jeux_Produit.aspx?id=3579419&def=Titre+sous+embargo%2C10299

This website says June release, but the LEGO.com releases are usually three months earlier.

It should be March or April at the latest. Wouldn't be suprised if it's a mid March for VIPS release with us getting the Vespa on March 1st!

30 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Pics are out now for the Santiago Bernabeu. It honestly looks pretty nice.  

Real Madrid – Santiago Bernabéu Stadium 10299 | Creator Expert | Buy online at the Official LEGO® Shop US

Looks an insomniac’s dream build and a painfully dull aesthetic to me, even more boring than the previous 2 stadium efforts and that’s saying something. It’s not even the hugely renovated Bernabeu, a wreck that like the San Siro, had its hey day in the ‘90s. And this isn’t tribal either as I wouldn’t want to see my team’s (equally as iconic) stadium.

Proof that the marketing bots have taken over at TLG. You know what would have been infinitely better? A new unlicensed football “Sports” theme or controversially, a tie in with the World Cup at the end of the year in Qatar. 

2 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Looks an insomniac’s dream build and a painfully dull aesthetic to me, even more boring than the previous 2 stadium efforts and that’s saying something. It’s not even the hugely renovated Bernabeu, a wreck that like the San Siro, had its hey day in the ‘90s. And this isn’t tribal either as I wouldn’t want to see my team’s (equally as iconic) stadium.

Insomanic’s dream build? What is that? 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Insomanic’s dream build? What is that? 

Think you might want to check your own spelling there 😉

Insomniac - someone who regularly can’t sleep, and exhausted and desperate will usually try every remedy possible. I was obviously suggesting building this set would be a cure.

Even though I'm not that into soccer/football, this stadium looks pretty nice to me. A like the Emirates sticker by the scoreboard... A creator expert 777 or a380 coming soon??:laugh:

I guess I'm too desperate for a large scale Lego plane...

News from Promobricks: 

10307 Eiffel Tower 

November 2022 release 

"Should be at least 1,30m in height. Much more detailed than the last version, build in (dark) tan. Retails for 630 euros/USD

And there will be a 40579 Eiffel's Apartment GWP