I'm not from the US, but I have heard of some US stadium's, the Yankee Stadium comes readily to mind.  I'm not sure whether the 3 stadium's already produced are big sellers anyway.  Maybe a US one would sell.

As for licensed roller coasters, is there really a need.  It would only serve to bump up the price, and the most recent coaster already costs a pretty penny.  

Yeah, when it comes to U.S. stadiums the most prominent to me would be baseball stadiums—New York's Yankee Stadium and Boston's Fenway Park as the two most well-known examples. A baseball diamond could be a fun landmark set and provide some visual and architectural variety compared to the multiple soccer/association football stadiums they've released.

I don't really think licensed roller coasters make a lot of sense since compared to things like sports (which are televised to reach a broader audience), the appeal of individual roller coasters can be highly regional. Also, recreating real-life roller coasters accurately with the comparatively simplified roller coaster track system in Lego might be a significant challenge.

Personally I have zero interest in any of the stadiums no matter what country they are from.  I'm not into any of the architecture sets either.   Some of them are nice for what they represent but I prefer minifig scale sets.

Most US landmarks that have been turned into Lego sets, are in the Architecture series.  Apart from the Statue of Liberty from 2000, Lego has yet to release a US landmark set in the Creator Expert / Icons series.

3 hours ago, MartyMcFly said:

Most US landmarks that have been turned into Lego sets, are in the Architecture series.  Apart from the Statue of Liberty from 2000, Lego has yet to release a US landmark set in the Creator Expert / Icons series.

I vote for my hometown monument: St Louis' Gateway Arch. Why?

1. It might just become a regulation-size croquet hoop this way, as it's the tallest man-made monument in the Wester hemisphere, at 630 feet tall (and 630 feet wide, for that matter)

2. It's the only monument in the USA dedicated to people who wanted to get away from the place where the monument is now located. (being the "Gateway to the West", after all) :tongue:

3. It's also nearly impossible to build in Lego!

On 12/20/2022 at 8:25 AM, Murdoch17 said:

I vote for my hometown monument: St Louis' Gateway Arch. Why?

1. It might just become a regulation-size croquet hoop this way, as it's the tallest man-made monument in the Wester hemisphere, at 630 feet tall (and 630 feet wide, for that matter)

2. It's the only monument in the USA dedicated to people who wanted to get away from the place where the monument is now located. (being the "Gateway to the West", after all) :tongue:

3. It's also nearly impossible to build in Lego!

If you go to the St Louis Science Center you will find a beautiful Lego rendition of the Arch.  Not sure how many pieces it is, but if they put that set out I would get it in a heartbeat.  Done by Tucker of course.  I am sure they could scale it down.

On 12/2/2022 at 6:55 PM, grahamrc351984 said:

Have any of you bought and built the magnificent Lego Icons Eiffel Tower Set: 10307 or are you waiting till Santa comes to build it? I was wondering how you found the build process and if you had any useful tips for parts of the build which may be more challenging? I’m intending to go to the Lego store and see it on display to see how big it is on display and hope to buy it next year. I want to build my Lego Empire State Building, White House and Taj Mahal sets and make my mind up whether or not to buy and build the Titanic first before I buy the Eiffel Tower. The Titanic is an incredible set but I am concerned that the build will be too challenging for me and the space it requires to be put on display. The largest set I have built so far is Tower Bridge and I normally buy the landmark sets because of the interest I have in architecture around the world. 

I have an AFOL friend who started it and hated the repetitive nature of it, so he shipped it to me and I spent the last week putting it together.  Here is my issue, just like most tall buildings that TLG has done of this type is that it wobbles on the 4 base legs.  I need to go to a Lego store to see how they did theirs but I also want to see if theirs wobbles.  I have been doing Lego since the 1970's so I am not a novice and I know I followed the directions to a T.  I am going to wait a month and redo the 4 legs I think but it does stand near 5 feet tall, not sure if my math is correct but a meter and a half?  It's a lot of dark grey pieces and a LOT of repetition.  If someone gave me 3 sets to choose from, Eiffel Tower, TItanic or the latest HP train, I would choose the Tower last.  

2 hours ago, Herky said:

If you go to the St Louis Science Center you will find a beautiful Lego rendition of the Arch.  Not sure how many pieces it is, but if they put that set out I would get it in a heartbeat.  Done by Tucker of course.  I am sure they could scale it down.

I have an AFOL friend who started it and hated the repetitive nature of it, so he shipped it to me and I spent the last week putting it together.  Here is my issue, just like most tall buildings that TLG has done of this type is that it wobbles on the 4 base legs.  I need to go to a Lego store to see how they did theirs but I also want to see if theirs wobbles.  I have been doing Lego since the 1970's so I am not a novice and I know I followed the directions to a T.  I am going to wait a month and redo the 4 legs I think but it does stand near 5 feet tall, not sure if my math is correct but a meter and a half?  It's a lot of dark grey pieces and a LOT of repetition.  If someone gave me 3 sets to choose from, Eiffel Tower, TItanic or the latest HP train, I would choose the Tower last.  

That rendition is not held together by the Lego... I'm sure it's glued or has a hidden structural skeleton, because the parts are only pushed together very slightly at the lowers facing corner. The outer edges aren't pushed together at all. My local LUG has a much more basic arch on display right now at a show, but it's incredibly fragile. The whole Arch (as a set) wouldn't stand up to a gentle table nudge, much less people being less than kind with assembly. It takes a lot of finesse and failures to get right. It just doesn't work well enough for LEGO standards.

That's why I jokingly voted for it. It's just never gonna happen for very good reasons.

Edited by Murdoch17

I feel like if TLG were to expand the stadium line this year, Wembley would be a must. It is essentially the home of football and is an iconic arena. Not only is it where countless finals have been staged, but many concerts have been there too. The Wembley arch would be an interesting task for the designers and it would be cool if they put the retractable roofing in as well.

New Wembley Stadium nods to its forebearer, seeks own history - Sports  Illustrated

On 1/26/2023 at 7:57 AM, dukesofbrickdom said:

I feel like if TLG were to expand the stadium line this year, Wembley would be a must. It is essentially the home of football and is an iconic arena. Not only is it where countless finals have been staged, but many concerts have been there too. The Wembley arch would be an interesting task for the designers and it would be cool if they put the retractable roofing in as well.

New Wembley Stadium nods to its forebearer, seeks own history - Sports  Illustrated

Yes, I agree there.  It would be great to see my home stadium brought to life - which I pass every week on my way up to London on the train!  Probably actually the only stadium I've got any interest in and would buy as I'm not that interested in the sport.

If they're going to do a non-football stadium then what I'd really like to see is Wimbledon's Centre Court with the retractable roof, that turned 100 years old last year (though has been very heavily expanded from a simple court in 1922 to the nearly 15,000 seat court it is now).

Don’t you think it’s best to change “Creator Expert” too. “Icons” in the thread’s name?